Windows 10: New laptop restore during setup issues

Discus and support New laptop restore during setup issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Using win11 home and New laptop said that it found my old laptop data in iCloud and would restore after set up. Set up complete and nothing. So I did a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dejanu, Oct 24, 2024 at 9:17 PM.

1. dejanu Win User

New laptop restore during setup issues

Using win11 home and New laptop said that it found my old laptop data in iCloud and would restore after set up. Set up complete and nothing. So I did a restore from my other backup system, an IDrive cloud acct, and it restored to my orig locations on new laptop, except that my new laptop created a different user directory with basic windows screen based on my ms acct name, and my restore is in a diff user directory with no window… how do I get back to one user directory with all my old data with window desktop?

:)

2. Issue restoring a Windows 10 image onto new 8.1 laptop.

Hi.

We have received 50 windows laptops. All are pre-loaded with Windows 8.1.
    We are looking to deploy a Windows 10 image on to these laptops, but we are having issues with the Licence activation.

I updated one laptop from 8.1 to 10. Setup as required and ran Sysprep. I then took a system image.
    When I restore the image onto another laptop (Brand new, first time switch on), it restores the image, but the windows will not activate.
    Speaking to the Microsoft support their only suggestion is to role back to 8.1 and manually update to Windows 10 to verify the licence.

Is there a better way for us to this? Can I amend the image before sysprep'ing to help? Thanks.

3. CKThen Win User
    New Laptop window 10 setup issue

Hi, i tried to setup a new laptop but in the almost last step, i accidentally close the laptop. When i re-open, i only see a screen with photo and every 1 minute it will flash something look like login info. May i know what should i do?

4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

New laptop restore during setup issues 42853d1485958256t-restoring-windows-10-image-using-macrium-reflect-.jpg
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

Thema:

1. New laptop restore during setup issues - Similar Threads - laptop restore during

2. New laptop restore during setup issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop restore during setup issues: Using win11 home and New laptop said that it found my old laptop data in iCloud and would restore after set up. Set up complete and nothing. So I did a restore from my other backup system, an IDrive cloud acct, and it restored to my orig locations on new laptop, except that...
  3. New Laptop setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop setup: I'm busy setting up my new laptop which comes with Windows 11 pro. I selected the wrong keyboard in error. I'm on the step now to connect to the internet but the @ key is not where it's suppsoed to be and cannot find it anywhere. I need it to connect to wifi as I have @...
  4. New Laptop setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop setup: I'm busy setting up my new laptop which comes with Windows 11 pro. I selected the wrong keyboard in error. I'm on the step now to connect to the internet but the @ key is not where it's suppsoed to be and cannot find it anywhere. I need it to connect to wifi as I have @...
  5. Issue with laptop setup

Issue with laptop setup: I have bought 2 new work laptops.On setup I was inputting my email for my Microsoft account but it kept saying not recognised. It didn't give me the option to select school/work.It made me use my personal email.I am now trying to setup my work account but it won't let me add...
  6. New business laptop setup verification issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New business laptop setup verification issues: We have a new employee, and while setting up his laptop, I was asked to enter his phone number to receive a code to prove his identity. This has not been required when setting up laptops previously. When entering his phone number and clicking 'Next", I get an error that only...
  7. New business laptop setup verification issues

New business laptop setup verification issues: We have a new employee, and while setting up his laptop, I was asked to enter his phone number to receive a code to prove his identity. This has not been required when setting up laptops previously. When entering his phone number and clicking 'Next", I get an error that only...
  8. New Laptop Setup

New Laptop Setup: Hello,I just bought a laptop from Lenovo. I opened it and set it up, then it showed "your computer will restart before you continue". It lasted on this page for more than two hours, is this normal?Best,Vincy...
  9. New Laptop Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop Setup: Hello,I just bought a laptop from Lenovo. I opened it and set it up, then it showed "your computer will restart before you continue". It lasted on this page for more than two hours, is this normal?Best,Vincy...
  10. Laptop Frozen During Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Laptop Frozen During Restore: Initiated a Restore to an earlier Restore Point and the Laptop is now frozen at a black screen (at least for 30 minutes now). Help! Win10 Build 1709 104477