Windows 10: New Cross Device Experience Host won't install for me...stuck on pending

Discus and support New Cross Device Experience Host won't install for me...stuck on pending in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; There's an apparently new feature that is being rolled out by microsoft. It is a new way to connect to your phone. I can not get it to install even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MitchRapp01, Mar 17, 2024.

1. New Cross Device Experience Host won't install for me...stuck on pending

There's an apparently new feature that is being rolled out by microsoft. It is a new way to connect to your phone. I can not get it to install even though the option is available on my pc. I've contacted microsoft support and instead of solving the problem, they told me to seek help from here. I am on an MSI GE68 HX 13V. I am running Windows 11 Pro. If you navigate to the settings app, then to bluetooth & devices, then to mobile devices, you should see a new option available directly above the option to turn phone link on. I can turn the option on. When I do it tells me it has to i

:)

MitchRapp01, Mar 17, 2024

2. Windows Shell Experience Host using 35 to 55% of CPU usage on Windows 10

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about CPU utilization by Windows Shell Experience Host, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to end the process from Task Manager and check.

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together to open
      Task Manager

• Go to Processes tab, right-click on the Windows Shell Experience Host process and click
      End Process.

Step 2: Boot the computer in to Safe mode with networking and if the CPU usage is same.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 17, 2024
  3. Adityar Win User
    Store experience host

After clean install i found new apps
    Store experience host
    In apps list
    What this is?
    I can view and delete

Adityar, Mar 17, 2024
  4. New Cross Device Experience Host won't install for me...stuck on pending

Windows 10 store on phone stuck pending

Yes! Yes! Yes! I have found the solution a little bit typical but it will save you from resets and losing your data.

STEPS

1. Select update all in downloads and updates in store in windows 10 mobile phone.

2. Let them start downloading .

3. Now select pause all in same menu.

4. This time you will get two option in front of all apps resume and cancel even on those apps which are stuck.

5. Now cancel the every app from list by clicking on cross one by one.

6. Now you have got empty download list but still you will see stuck apps in phone's app list at pending.

7. Again open the store and search there for the same app which is stuck on your phone.

8. Click on install on app page in store and wait.

9. A pop up menu will come written something went wrong just close it and keep waiting on same page.

10. Now the final step app will start downloading automatically and what you have to do is just click on cross when it comes.

11. BINGO! App has been removed from your app list no hard reset no lose of data just a little patience is required i have found the solution myself because i was sailing in same boat.

sahilsharma125, Mar 17, 2024
Thema:

New Cross Device Experience Host won't install for me...stuck on pending

1. New Cross Device Experience Host won't install for me...stuck on pending - Similar Threads - Cross Device Experience

2. Cross Device Experience Host won't update on my Windows 10 device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cross Device Experience Host won't update on my Windows 10 device: When I want to update the Cross Device Experience Host on my laptop, it always gives me an error, even when I'm connected to Wi-Fi. Microsoft Store also seems to work fine, I also don't have any VPN or DNS services enabled. What is the problem? Clicking "Try again" also won't...
  3. Cross Device Experience Host won't update on my Windows 10 device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cross Device Experience Host won't update on my Windows 10 device: When I want to update the Cross Device Experience Host on my laptop, it always gives me an error, even when I'm connected to Wi-Fi. Microsoft Store also seems to work fine, I also don't have any VPN or DNS services enabled. What is the problem? Clicking "Try again" also won't...
  4. what is the function of the cross device experience host application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the function of the cross device experience host application?: I want to increase the performance of my computer, so I want to delete some applications that I think are not needed. But I don't know what the function of the cross device experience host application is...
  5. what is the function of the cross device experience host application?

what is the function of the cross device experience host application?: I want to increase the performance of my computer, so I want to delete some applications that I think are not needed. But I don't know what the function of the cross device experience host application is...
  6. Cross Device Experience Host not installing or updating on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Cross Device Experience Host not installing or updating on Windows 11/10: [IMG]You may have encountered repeated failures when attempting to install or update the Cross Device Experience Host. The Cross Device Experience Host is a feature introduced by Microsoft to enhance connectivity between your PC and mobile devices, particularly Android...
  7. New Cross Device Experience Host won't install for me...stuck on pending

New Cross Device Experience Host won't install for me...stuck on pending: There's an apparently new feature that is being rolled out by microsoft. It is a new way to connect to your phone. I can not get it to install even though the option is available on my pc. I've contacted microsoft support and instead of solving the problem, they told me to...
  8. Store experience host ...

Store experience host ...: Hey guys I was cleaning some store apps and accidentally deleted store experience host Is this needed? 135338
  9. Store experience host

Store experience host: After clean install i found new apps Store experience host In apps list What this is? I can view and delete 91977
  10. Cross-device experience with Project Rome

in Windows 10 News
    Cross-device experience with Project Rome: Overview Today we live in a multi-device world, and the way we use them spans different platforms and form factors: We read the morning news on our tablets, check email during the morning commute on our phones and at work on our desktop PCs. And at night, we watch movies...