Windows 10: New Computer setup does not recognize my Microsoft account

Discus and support New Computer setup does not recognize my Microsoft account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am setting up a new computer and after I logged in successfully into my microsoft account, I was asked to set up a Windows PIN. I got a message back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark Sargent1, Apr 19, 2024.

1. New Computer setup does not recognize my Microsoft account

I am setting up a new computer and after I logged in successfully into my microsoft account, I was asked to set up a Windows PIN. I got a message back saying it was unsuccessful and had to skip forward in the setup. I then proceeded to finish setup but now I can not log into the Microsoft account which I think is the issue. When I try, I get the message "it looks like you're not connected to the internet 0x800704cf. I am connected to the internet, it is just that Microsoft is not recognizing my account or settings on this brand new computer. What do I need to do now?

:)

Mark Sargent1, Apr 19, 2024
  2. Jackman33 Win User

Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

When you are setting up a new computer do have to setup a Microsoft Account? If you don't want an account how can you get the new computer up and running?

Jackman33, Apr 19, 2024
  3. Brink Win User

Hello, *Smile

It depends on what you are wanting this for.

Windows requires you to have either a local account or Microsoft account on the PC to be able to sign in and use Windows 10.

If you wanted to set this up without an account so whoever gets the PC can finish setting up Windows 10 with their own account, then you could do the tip under step 17 in the tutorial below for this.

If you just wanted to set up a local account instead of Microsoft account on the PC, then you could use step 24 in the tutorial below when you reach step 22.

*Arrow Clean Install Windows 10

Brink, Apr 19, 2024
  4. Jackman33 Win User

New Computer setup does not recognize my Microsoft account

Thanks for the help!!!

Jackman33, Apr 19, 2024
Thema:

New Computer setup does not recognize my Microsoft account

1. New Computer setup does not recognize my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Computer setup does

2. New Computer setup does not recognize my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Computer setup does not recognize my Microsoft account: I am setting up a new computer and after I logged in successfully into my microsoft account, I was asked to set up a Windows PIN. I got a message back saying it was unsuccessful and had to skip forward in the setup. I then proceeded to finish setup but now I can not log into...
  3. New Laptop - Does Not Recognize Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop - Does Not Recognize Microsoft Account: This is beyond frustrating Microsoft. Could really use some help here as I've seen many others as well.I purchased a new laptop with Windows 11 Pro. As a solopreneur, I set it up as "personal" versus work. When it asked for my Microsoft account information, I entered the...
  4. New Laptop - Does Not Recognize Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop - Does Not Recognize Microsoft Account: This is beyond frustrating Microsoft. Could really use some help here as I've seen many others as well.I purchased a new laptop with Windows 11 Pro. As a solopreneur, I set it up as "personal" versus work. When it asked for my Microsoft account information, I entered the...
  5. New Computer Doesn't Recognize my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Computer Doesn't Recognize my Microsoft Account: I am re-setting a computer and have re-installed Windows 10 Pro. When it gets to the point where it asks me for my Personal or Work/School Microsoft account, I selected Work/School. But when I attempt to login with my Work email, it says Incorrect user ID or password. Type...
  6. New Computer Doesn't Recognize my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Computer Doesn't Recognize my Microsoft Account: I am re-setting a computer and have re-installed Windows 10 Pro. When it gets to the point where it asks me for my Personal or Work/School Microsoft account, I selected Work/School. But when I attempt to login with my Work email, it says Incorrect user ID or password. Type...
  7. New Computer Doesn't Recognize my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Microsoft does not recognize my new computer's passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft does not recognize my new computer's passwords: I have a new HP computer with Microsoft Windows 10 installed. The computer will not recognize my password to let me log in. It will ask me to set up a new password, I do that but it will not let me in. It says it does not recognize the password and I should go and get a new...
  9. Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Setup New Computer: When you are setting up a new computer do have to setup a Microsoft Account? If you don't want an account how can you get the new computer up and running? 134491
  10. Microsoft Account Setup New Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Setup New Computer: When you are setting up a new computer do have to setup a Microsoft Account? If you don't want an account how can you get the new computer up and running? 134491