Windows 10: Network speed issue after new windows installation

Discus and support Network speed issue after new windows installation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello microsoft i am a windows user.. At the time when first time windows was installed the network speed was as ame as phone and now a days when my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hari Shekhawat, Sep 15, 2024.

1. Network speed issue after new windows installation

Hello microsoft i am a windows user.. At the time when first time windows was installed the network speed was as ame as phone and now a days when my windows currupted annd reinstalled now network speed is 6 mbps and mobile speed is 250mbps let me know and 1 more error that in Control pannel its not showing properties as attachment is given below and i am just using usb cable to use internet phone to pc as when i go in control pannel and selet network and internet options and goes to change adaptor setting and cliks property of that network and goes advanced options it only shows an single opt

:)

Hari Shekhawat, Sep 15, 2024

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 15, 2024
  3. Slow Network speed

Hi Andrew,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with the Internet speed.

I will certainly help you.

I appreciate you efforts in troubleshooting the system issue.

I suggest you to please follow the below steps to fix the network issue:

• Press Windows logo key + X key, and select
      Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type netsh winsock reset and press
      Enter.
    • Type netsh int ip reset and press
      Enter
    • Type ipconfig /release and press
      Enter
    • Type ipconfig /renew and press
      Enter
    • Type ipconfig /flushdns and press
      Enter
    • Restart the system after performing above steps.

If the issue still persist. Please refer to the link to
    fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Please reach back to us, if you still face the difficulty with Network speed. We will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Sep 15, 2024
  4. Network speed issue after new windows installation

Network Speed issue while downloading in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is, when the device doesn't work in the way it should and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below

• Are you aware of any changes on the PC, prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to download anything on a different device with 20 Mbps speed?
    • Did you try connecting the computer using an Ethernet cable and check the speed?
    • Are you getting the speed issue while streaming videos online on any browser?

However we would suggest you to perform a
    Network Speed Test
    and post a screenshot of the speed test result for further investigation. (Please follow the steps mentioned in the

screenshot
    posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshots.) Do not share any personal information in the screenshots.

Meanwhile you can perform the below steps and check the speed of the network.

Method 1: Disable Windows Updates.

Disable Windows updates temporarily until your current browsing task or download is complete. Windows Updates usually take away a sizeable chunk of your network bandwidth to download large files for updating data
    and this could slow down the internet speed. Once the task is complete, re-enable Windows updates.

Steps to disable and enable Windows updates temporarily.

1. Press Windows +R key from the keyboard to launch Run command.
    2. Type services.msc and click Ok.
    3. Then scroll down and select Windows Updates and click on Stop from the left pane.
    4. To enable the Windows Update service, you need to follow step 1, 2 & in 3 you need to click on Start.

Method 2: Disable the non-Microsoft antivirus.

If you have any non-Microsoft security/anti-virus software installed, please disable it temporarily and check the speed of the network.

Disable Antivirus or security software disclaimer: If you have Windows 10, you’ll get the latest antivirus protection with Windows Defender. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time, Windows
    Defender is on and actively helping to protect your PC by scanning for malware (malicious software), viruses, and security threats. Windows Defender uses real-time protection to scan everything you download or run on your PC. Windows Update downloads updates
    for Windows Defender automatically to help keep your PC safe and protect it from threats.

Method 3: Update the network driver.

Windows 10 installation often automates the process of installing generic or proprietary drivers for wireless network services, using the repository of drivers bundled with the operating system (OS). However, these drivers could
    sometimes cause stability or incompatibility issues with the hardware as they often limit the functionality of the device, unlike official or manufacturer released drivers.

To circumvent this problem, just download and install the latest Wi-Fi adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website. This will ensure enhanced stability and performance of the device.

You can also update the network adapters from device manager. Please follow the steps as mentioned in this article:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

We would suggest you for additional information, to refer this article:

Why is my Internet connection so slow?
    Also check with the
    Internet Service Provider, if they have capped the internet bandwidth from there end.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 15, 2024
Thema:

Network speed issue after new windows installation

1. Network speed issue after new windows installation - Similar Threads - Network speed issue

2. Network speed issue after new windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network speed issue after new windows installation: Hello microsoft i am a windows user.. At the time when first time windows was installed the network speed was as ame as phone and now a days when my windows currupted annd reinstalled now network speed is 6 mbps and mobile speed is 250mbps let me know and 1 more error that in...
  3. Network speed issue after new windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network speed issue after new windows installation: Hello microsoft i am a windows user.. At the time when first time windows was installed the network speed was as ame as phone and now a days when my windows currupted annd reinstalled now network speed is 6 mbps and mobile speed is 250mbps let me know and 1 more error that in...
  4. Windows 7 Network Adapter not working after new install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Network Adapter not working after new install: Hello, I just installed a new fresh install of Win 7 on an ASUS X55A Intel Pentium CPU 2020M and when I booted up I found out that non of the drivers were installed/working. I've actually fixed this problem once when I was repairing this exact laptop but now I just can't...
  5. Windows 7 Network Adapter not working after new install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Network Adapter not working after new install: Hello, I just installed a new fresh install of Win 7 on an ASUS X55A Intel Pentium CPU 2020M and when I booted up I found out that non of the drivers were installed/working. I've actually fixed this problem once when I was repairing this exact laptop but now I just can't...
  6. Ethernet issues after new SSD Windows install.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet issues after new SSD Windows install.: I'm having this weird issue that mostly only seems to be an issue at start up. Little back ground, a few months ago, my factory HDD died. I purchased an SSD to replace it, the windows key/info is in the motherboard, so I just simply downloaded a Windows 10 directly from...
  7. Slow network speed after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow network speed after Windows Update: To whom it may concern! I use Gigabit Internet FTTH - PPPoE which worked on my PC at 850 Mbps in September. In October/November after Windows update it dropped to 200-300 Mbps. approx. I can not get higher rates. The speed test shows ping of 5.4 ms, the DS is approx. 250...
  8. Network Speed issue while downloading in Windows 10

Network Speed issue while downloading in Windows 10: I have a 20mbps internet speed wifi but when I download something by any browser the downloading speed reduced to 100kb. LAptop- acer nitro 5 ryzen- windows 10- chrome/edge/Avast browsers * Moved from Internet Explorer ***Original Title: Downloading speed -windows 10***...
  9. Finally fixed my network speed issue.

Finally fixed my network speed issue.: Using all available win10 previews and now the official public release I have had 100mbps speeds on my LAN. til yesterday when I set jumbo frames to ON and 9k size. I didn't try any other I just used the largest. BAM.. My full normal gigabit speeds are back. once again I...
  10. Network Speed

Network Speed: I use a program "Network Speed Test" from the Windows Store to measure my network speed. EVERY time I use the program for the first time I get an answer for the download speed of about 30 Mbps. the following times I launch the program I ALWAYS get an answer of about 200...