Windows 10: Network settings not allowing a new connection?

Discus and support Network settings not allowing a new connection? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am using my PC off of my home network, and I cannot connect to a new WiFi network. In the widget, when I go to the list of available networks, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jason Eckenroth, Oct 8, 2024 at 12:57 PM.

1. Network settings not allowing a new connection?

I am using my PC off of my home network, and I cannot connect to a new WiFi network. In the widget, when I go to the list of available networks, the widget closes. In Network Settings, I can see a list of available networks, but when I click "Connect" on a network, nothing happens. Is there some way to move past this?

:)

Jason Eckenroth, Oct 8, 2024 at 12:57 PM
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

3. How to set up wireless network connection?

Hello everyone...

I want to connect wireless network connection to my laptop. But I don't know why I am unable to do it.. I am getting some error. I think some configuration setting kind of error. Can you please provide me some steps so that I can get my work done.
    Thankx!!

ashleysimpson052, Oct 8, 2024 at 12:59 PM
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Network settings not allowing a new connection?

Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

Thema:

Network settings not allowing a new connection?

1. Network settings not allowing a new connection? - Similar Threads - Network settings allowing

2. Network settings not allowing a new connection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network settings not allowing a new connection?: I am using my PC off of my home network, and I cannot connect to a new WiFi network. In the widget, when I go to the list of available networks, the widget closes. In Network Settings, I can see a list of available networks, but when I click "Connect" on a network, nothing...
  3. Allow Network Connectivity during Connected-Standby on Battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow Network Connectivity during Connected-Standby on Battery: I have Windows 11 Home but installed Group Policy Editor, for an option under Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/Power Management/Sleep SettingsThe option I found which is similar "Allow network connectivity during Connected Standby Plugged In"The option...
  4. Allow Network Connectivity during Connected-Standby on Battery

Allow Network Connectivity during Connected-Standby on Battery: I have Windows 11 Home but installed Group Policy Editor, for an option under Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/Power Management/Sleep SettingsThe option I found which is similar "Allow network connectivity during Connected Standby Plugged In"The option...
  5. allow domain users to edit network connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    allow domain users to edit network connections: Dear team,I am looking for an option available to enable domain users non-admin to make changes to the network adaptor e.g enable/disable or change IPDomain users be default cannot make changes to the network adaptor unless they use elevated privileges.How can I edit the...
  6. Unable to connect to new network, neither wifi or Ethernet allow me to connect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to new network, neither wifi or Ethernet allow me to connect.: Recently got a new faster network, tried and cannot connect my win10 laptop dell latitude e7440 to it, when trying to connect via wifi in the network connections list it just doesn’t show, and by ethernet my laptop doesn’t even know it’s plugged in.Have ran bios system...
  7. Unable to connect to new network, neither wifi or Ethernet allow me to connect.

Unable to connect to new network, neither wifi or Ethernet allow me to connect.: Recently got a new faster network, tried and cannot connect my win10 laptop dell latitude e7440 to it, when trying to connect via wifi in the network connections list it just doesn’t show, and by ethernet my laptop doesn’t even know it’s plugged in.Have ran bios system...
  8. Unable to connect to new network, neither wifi or Ethernet allow me to connect.

9. Network connection setting

Network connection setting: I got a new router today. When connecting to the network on my laptop, for some reason the laptop was treating the connection as a ethernet connection rather than as wifi. When I was looking into this, I used a troubleshooter to try to fix it and foolishly changed a setting...
  10. Windows 10 installation not allowing network connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation not allowing network connection: So i have a computer that has had a 1 tb hdd hardrive for years, but recently i have upgraded to an ssd and wanted to install windows 10 on my ssd, while still keeping my hdd as extra storage. So i plugged in my windows 10 usb installation usb drive and booted off of that....