Windows 10: Network / Ethernet PCI card not registering connection

Discus and support Network / Ethernet PCI card not registering connection in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All, I am just wondering if someone can help me with this problem.I am using an Asus A15 Laptop running Windows 11. There is a PCI Ethernet card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tbar_6791, Sep 22, 2024 at 10:02 PM.

1. Tbar_6791 Win User

Network / Ethernet PCI card not registering connection

Hi All, I am just wondering if someone can help me with this problem.I am using an Asus A15 Laptop running Windows 11. There is a PCI Ethernet card attached that I use to connect to PLC's and the like for work.The issue that I am having is when I connect an Ethernet cable to my laptop, it does not recognise the connection. Under Network Connections / Ethernet there is a big red cross.Yes, I have tried different Ethernet cables, ensured all ports are clean and even tried the same connection set up on an older laptop and it connects perfectly.Upon further investigation in Device Manager, it says

:)

2. Berton Win User

Need a PCI Ethernet Network Adapter

My procedure has been to reboot a desktop computer into the BIOS Setup and disable the onboard Ethernet/Network adapter, shutdown, pull the power cord out of the computer and wait a minute so residual power will drain off the motherboard. Pressing the On/Off switch should do the same. Then on newer computer I will install a PCIe X1 NIC/Network Interface Card or if no PCIe X1 slot there should be a PCI slot and use a PCI card. May have to install software but should have come with it. The advertisements for such a card should specify the OS it will work with.
    An example of a PCIe X1 card, many others available:
    Intel EXPI9301CTBLK PCI-Express Network Adapter - Newegg.com

3. kecidek Win User
    Issues with integrated Ethernet and PCI-E Ethernet adapters

Hello,

Recently my on-board Ethernet port stopped working. At first I noticed that I no longer had the Wired Connection in the bottom right of my taskbar, instead replaced by the Wi-Fi symbol. I checked to make sure that my ethernet cable was plugged in, and that the lights on either side of the cable were blinking. They were. I then checked my Device Manager to make sure the driver was still there. It was. The only issue I could see was that my ethernet adapter no longer showed up in my network settings, only my Wi-Fi adapter was listed. I noticed in Windows Update, it mentioned that it failed to install a driver for a network component, so I decided I would look for the most up to date driver for my ethernet adapter online, and install it myself. Here is where the real trouble started; Every time I try to uninstall the driver for my ethernet adapter, including when I tell it to delete local files, it comes right back. I've tried disabling it first, and then uninstalling, and even completely disabling my windows update, and automatic device installer, but it still comes back every time. After a few hours of trying this with no luck, I decided to just run Recovery, and luckily it gave me a restore point to just before it ran the last Windows update. After recovery ran, everything worked, until I shut my computer off. When it booted back up, the ethernet adapter was missing again. Went through the same steps; Recover and wait. This worked, and I disabled Windows Update, and it has worked since. However, this fix isn't good enough for me. I want the latest updates from Microsoft, so I just decided to buy a new PCI-E Ethernet Adapter, and hope that would work better. I installed the card into my computer, and it didn't show up in my list of network adapters either, yet the driver for it shows up in device manager. I can also not uninstall this driver. What is wrong with windows? Why can I not delete a driver and just have it list the hardware under Other Devices as an unknown device? Is there some firewall setting that stops me from deleting drivers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4. FrKasqar Win User

Domain network ethernet not working but wifi does?

Hi FreeBooter, I already came across this article and followed the steps with no results, I came across other articles that suggested the same steps but still nothing has worked? Thanks for the reply.

Thema:

1. Network / Ethernet PCI card not registering connection - Similar Threads - Network Ethernet PCI

2. Network / Ethernet PCI card not registering connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network / Ethernet PCI card not registering connection: Hi All, I am just wondering if someone can help me with this problem.I am using an Asus A15 Laptop running Windows 11. There is a PCI Ethernet card attached that I use to connect to PLC's and the like for work.The issue that I am having is when I connect an Ethernet cable to...
  3. ethernet is not an option in network connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ethernet is not an option in network connections: I have a surface laptop 3 with the following configurationsDevice information: Surface model: Surface Laptop 3 Model 1873SAM: 16.606.139.0UEFI: 1.3203.140.0App version: 61.23120.90.0BIOS Version/Date: Microsoft Corporation 1.3203.140 08/06/2021Touch driver: 3.0.209.139Wi-Fi...
  4. Network PCI-E Card or Adapter/Access Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network PCI-E Card or Adapter/Access Problem: Hello, The problem I am having is with remaining connected to the Internet for any length of time. I am running the new Windows 10 in its' Pro 64 version on an ASUS X540LA. The built-in PCI card is a Realtek RTL8723BE. The Network Router is a Huawei HG633. I keep getting...
  5. PCI register value is changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCI register value is changed: PCI register value which was set mm command has changed some case If value was 0...7 is ok, But, In case of value over 8, It becames plus 10 8 -> 18 9 -> 19 a -> 1a ..... It occurred version 1904 2004 Any clue about this? I checked it in another OSLinux so,...
  6. Can't Connect To Networks with New PCI-E WiFi Card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Connect To Networks with New PCI-E WiFi Card: So i've just installed my new pci-e wifi card, along with the newest drivers from the TP-Link website but it won't let me connect to any networks. They are being detected in Windows with full signal, but when I connect and input the password it just says "Cannot connect to...
  7. Ethernet network connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet network connection: I have desktop computers, windows 10 pro and windows 10 home. Both have file sharing enabled but unable to share public folders. Got a message saying can't get access, check antivirus programme....
  8. Gigabit Ethernet network card

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gigabit Ethernet network card: How can I configure my 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet network card for maximum speed in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gigabit-ethernet-network-card/70b58a43-e662-4cf9-9a34-d740fa754076
  9. Computer freezes with PCI network card when connecting

Computer freezes with PCI network card when connecting: Hello. My computer freezes when my PCI network Card (TRENDnet tew-623pi v1.0r) tried to connect to a network. I just got it in the mail off of ebay for $10 a few days ago and just installed the drivers a few hours ago. If anyone has any details about why it is freezing,...
  10. Need a PCI Ethernet Network Adapter

Need a PCI Ethernet Network Adapter: I have been having problems with my computer randomly dropping my internet connection. Usually my ping spikes real high, Skype disconnects me, the game I'm playing disconnects me. I had this problem before upgrading to windows 10 and don't know if its my killer e2200 that...