Windows 10: Network drive not showing up (Samba)

Discus and support Network drive not showing up (Samba) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All of mine also show CIFS on SMB 1.0. I have 2 NAS drives connected via Ethernet cable to my 4-port Wireless Router [through an added 8-port Switch]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tfwul, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Berton Win User

Network drive not showing up (Samba)

All of mine also show CIFS on SMB 1.0. I have 2 NAS drives connected via Ethernet cable to my 4-port Wireless Router [through an added 8-port Switch] and need SMB 1.0 selected.

Berton, Mar 18, 2018
  2. Bree New Member

Oh it does make a difference. You need it when you want to connect to a share on a legacy server that only supports SMB1, like my usb drive that's shared by plugging it into my router.

You only need the SMB 1.0/CIFS Client for Windows 10 to be able to connect to a share on a legacy machine, you'll need the Server if it is Windows 10 that is doing the sharing and a legacy machine need to connect to it. This is my configuration...

Network drive not showing up (Samba) [​IMG]

3. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

after having done that totally reset router and re-boot every computer, tablet, mobile phone, smart TV and any other Internet connected thing -- even those "Hive" or remote home heating things if you have those.

On the LINUX / NAS SAMBA config files (in etc/samba) just ensure there's NO SMB level set anywhere.

Sometimes IP addresses just "stick" to a device you can't see from SAMBA or Windows Networking --OK not very technical but Windows Networking is even more mysterious to me than the Biblical "Holy Ghost". !! Usually there's often one rogue computer in the mix.

On reboot -- start with the Linux / NAS / Android devices - e,g TV's, phones, tablets, NAS servers, Linux machines before booting the Windows machines.

Cheers
    Æ Þ
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Network drive not showing up (Samba)

1. Network drive not showing up (Samba) - Similar Threads - Network drive showing

2. Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive: I mapped a network drive to letter B and it worked until I restarted my computer. After I restarted it is no longer under the PC tab with all the other drives. I can still go to the network tab and click on the system name and folder and access it that way, but this is...
  3. Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive: I mapped a network drive to letter B and it worked until I restarted my computer. After I restarted it is no longer under the PC tab with all the other drives. I can still go to the network tab and click on the system name and folder and access it that way, but this is...
  4. Windows 10 network drive not showing up as a drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Excel files on a Samba network drive don't open

Excel files on a Samba network drive don't open: Hello! I have a Microsoft Server 2019 Standard with MS Office installed. I also have a Linux server that shares each user's ~/windows/ directory through Samba with their account when they're logged in. However, when they open a .xslx file located in the said directory, the...
  6. Samba network printer not discoverable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samba network printer not discoverable: i have been playing a lot with my raspberry pi 4 recently and i tried converting my old printer into a network printer using cups and samba. for some reason when i pull up settings or control panel its nowhere to be seen, i have checked it with other devices such as a phone...
  7. Network Shared Hard Drives not showing up.

Network Shared Hard Drives not showing up.: I've shared two hard drives over a network from a PC in my home in order to back up to them. Problem is, they've only worked once, and I had to reset the network to get them to appear. Ever since then they don't show up anymore when both computers are on and connected to the...
  8. Samba machine not showing in Network folder

Samba machine not showing in Network folder: Not sure if here or the Ubuntu forums is the correct place to post this, so I'm posting to both. I have a file server running Ubuntu Server 14.04, with Samba set up for Windows file shares. I have it all set up to do mostly what I want, but there's one odd problem that I...
  9. Samba Shares don't show up in Windows 10 Network

Samba Shares don't show up in Windows 10 Network: I have a peculiar Samba share issue. I was running Windows 7 on my laptop. I have a file server running Linux and Samba. When I open the Network icon in Windows 7, I see my server there and I can open it and access the associated folder shares. I upgraded to Windows 10....
  10. Build 10041 Samba doesn't show C drive properly !!!!

Build 10041 Samba doesn't show C drive properly !!!!: Hi there 3 Linux servers with different distros seem to be unable to read the C drive directory properly on a new Windows 10041 (Real) machine. Seems to be NO problem in accessing the other shared drives on the computer. This problem only seems to be when SAMBA wants to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver not showing up on smb server windows 10 1903