Windows 10: Network adapters not recognized even after factory reset

Discus and support Network adapters not recognized even after factory reset in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As a preface: I’m not really tech-savvy.I’ve encountered an issue with my laptop about a month or so ago: it would no longer recognize the Wi-fi and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Samuel Fen, Nov 7, 2023.

1. Network adapters not recognized even after factory reset

As a preface: I’m not really tech-savvy.I’ve encountered an issue with my laptop about a month or so ago: it would no longer recognize the Wi-fi and Bluetooth adapters in its hardware. I followed a friend’s advice and uninstalled the newest at the time Windows update. The Wi-fi and Bluetooth were once again perfectly fine.Yesterday, I encountered the same issue as before. No Wi-fi, no Bluetooth, and the only solution the troubleshooters could come up with is to connect an Ethernet cable which I do not have and have never used. Since the situation seemed identical as the first time it happe

:)

Samuel Fen, Nov 7, 2023
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Factory Reset

Hi Cameron,

Since you did a factory reset on your computer, possibly the outdated network adapter driver causes the connection issue. Just for clarification, did you install the updated network drivers? If not, we suggest that you update the Network adapter driver.

• Go to Device Manager, then click Network adapters and select the network adapter name.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select
      Update Driver Software
      > Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.
    • After installing the updated driver, restart the computer.

If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

Feel free to send us your feedback at your convenience.

Marby Rey, Nov 7, 2023
  3. Kashegan Win User
    Resetting Network Adapter

While I have read several suggestions for resetting the network adapter, they all involve rebooting the PC. I am wondering why the Windows Network and Internet troubleshooter doesn't reboot after resetting the adapter? Whatever it does appears (mostly) to solve my network connection issues and a solution that doean't involve rebooting would be an improvement.

Kashegan, Nov 7, 2023
  4. Network adapters not recognized even after factory reset

network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 7, 2023
Thema:

Network adapters not recognized even after factory reset

1. Network adapters not recognized even after factory reset - Similar Threads - Network adapters recognized

2. Lost network adapter after Network Reset in setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost network adapter after Network Reset in setting: I just pressed and Network reset button and reset the network. After that my network and network adapter is completely gone on my computer. I have tried the following command but still didn't work. is there other way except resetting the computer in order to get the internet...
  3. Network adapters not recognized even after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapters not recognized even after factory reset: As a preface: I’m not really tech-savvy.I’ve encountered an issue with my laptop about a month or so ago: it would no longer recognize the Wi-fi and Bluetooth adapters in its hardware. I followed a friend’s advice and uninstalled the newest at the time Windows update. The...
  4. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Even After Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Even After Factory Reset: Ever since getting this laptop, I have had a variety BSODs occur at random times ranging from at least once a week to dozens of times a day. Lately, they have all been "System Service Exceptions," but they have previously been a number of stop codes that all seem to point to...
  5. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Even After Factory Reset

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Even After Factory Reset: Ever since getting this laptop, I have had a variety BSODs occur at random times ranging from at least once a week to dozens of times a day. Lately, they have all been "System Service Exceptions," but they have previously been a number of stop codes that all seem to point to...
  6. Deleted network adapters after network reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted network adapters after network reset: Hi.I had trouble with my internet no longer relevant, so I ended up doing a network reset through Windows 10's advanced network settings.Now the computer no longer searches for available wifi-networks:When I use windows troubleshooter I get the following report: When I look...
  7. Deleted network adapters after network reset

Deleted network adapters after network reset: Hi.I had trouble with my internet no longer relevant, so I ended up doing a network reset through Windows 10's advanced network settings.Now the computer no longer searches for available wifi-networks:When I use windows troubleshooter I get the following report: When I look...
  8. Deleted network adapters after network reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. No sound with headphones even after Factory resetting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound with headphones even after Factory resetting: So about a while ago I pulled my headphones too hard and a little piece got stock in there but I just took it out. And that was that. A couple weeks later my sound wasn't working with my headphones. The speakers and Bluetooth earbuds were fine. I couldn't figure out what to...
  10. Disk at 100% even after a factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk at 100% even after a factory reset: So i fully reset my laptop which has windows 10 updated version. Even after resetting it ,the disk is at 100% and there are around 89 background process running which i have no clue about. Hope i could get a solution...