Windows 10: need to reset my pin, can't find other options to login and forgot pin button not working

Discus and support need to reset my pin, can't find other options to login and forgot pin button not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi i forgot my pin for windows 11 and my i forgot my pin button is not redirecting to microsoft page to reset. I tried all safe mode methods and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Priya Rasakonda, Aug 4, 2024.

1. need to reset my pin, can't find other options to login and forgot pin button not working

Hi i forgot my pin for windows 11 and my i forgot my pin button is not redirecting to microsoft page to reset. I tried all safe mode methods and command prompts to reset password but i am keep on getting one error System error 8646 has occurred. The system is not authoritative for the specified account and therefore cannot complete the operation. Please retry the operation using the provider associated with this account. If this is an online provider please use the provider's online site.

:)

Priya Rasakonda, Aug 4, 2024

2. Forgot PIN, no other login options

I lost the PIN for a Windows laptop. When I hit "forgot my PIN" the screen said "just a moment" and had a spinning circle. It stayed that way for about 10 minutes, then there was a popup that said "you must download an app from the Store to complete this request". When I returned to the login screen, I tested a number of PINs that were incorrect, and now there is no "forgot my PIN" option. There was never an option to sign in with a password listed.

cityscapeinview, Aug 4, 2024
  3. aReply4u Win User
    PIN not accepting to login in windows...

welcome : What do you mean by Problem is that,.

"Even there is no option to enter the password"

So comfirm after, you try to type the PIN. You don't

see the option "Forgot my PIN" underneath the [Typing field]

but if you see the "I Forgot My PIN" option : Follow steps to reset it

To reset your PIN:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click Accounts.
    3. Click Login Options.
    4. In the PIN section, click I forgot my PIN.
    5. Check your password and click OK.
    6. On the next screen, create a new PIN and follow screen instructions
    7. Restart your PC and verify that you can login with the new PIN

if the above steps fail them : Apply the fix on this video

aReply4u, Aug 4, 2024
  4. need to reset my pin, can't find other options to login and forgot pin button not working

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Try the steps here:

• Navigate to PC Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Click on I forgot my PIN link.
    • Next, click on the Continue button in the Are you sure you forgot your PIN? screen.
    • You can now add a new PIN and click OK.

Gina_on_the_thread, Aug 4, 2024
Thema:

need to reset my pin, can't find other options to login and forgot pin button not working

1. need to reset my pin, can't find other options to login and forgot pin button not working - Similar Threads - need reset pin

2. need to reset my pin, can't find other options to login and forgot pin button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need to reset my pin, can't find other options to login and forgot pin button not working: Hi i forgot my pin for windows 11 and my i forgot my pin button is not redirecting to microsoft page to reset. I tried all safe mode methods and command prompts to reset password but i am keep on getting one error System error 8646 has occurred. The system is not...
  3. Forgot my user PIN. No other options to sign In.. Cannot reset my PIN

Forgot my user PIN. No other options to sign In.. Cannot reset my PIN: I unfortunately forgot my user PIN and cannot log onto windows 11. My face recognition is not working either and I am locked out. And there are no options for reseting my pin or for using my microsoft account to sign in. Can someone helo me get back into my laptop please....
  4. Forgot my user PIN. No other options to sign In.. Cannot reset my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot my user PIN. No other options to sign In.. Cannot reset my PIN: I unfortunately forgot my user PIN and cannot log onto windows 11. My face recognition is not working either and I am locked out. And there are no options for reseting my pin or for using my microsoft account to sign in. Can someone helo me get back into my laptop please....
  5. Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options: I am attempting to log-in to my PC. However, I forgot the PIN. I entered too many incorrect PINs, and now, to attempt to enter a PIN again, I have to enter the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. Once I do that, the PC presents me with the blank PIN field, and nothing else. I do not...
  6. Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options

Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options: I am attempting to log-in to my PC. However, I forgot the PIN. I entered too many incorrect PINs, and now, to attempt to enter a PIN again, I have to enter the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. Once I do that, the PC presents me with the blank PIN field, and nothing else. I do not...
  7. Forgot PIN, no other login options

Forgot PIN, no other login options: I lost the PIN for a Windows laptop. When I hit "forgot my PIN" the screen said "just a moment" and had a spinning circle. It stayed that way for about 10 minutes, then there was a popup that said "you must download an app from the Store to complete this request". When I...
  8. Forgot PIN, no other login options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN, no other login options: I lost the PIN for a Windows laptop. When I hit "forgot my PIN" the screen said "just a moment" and had a spinning circle. It stayed that way for about 10 minutes, then there was a popup that said "you must download an app from the Store to complete this request". When I...
  9. Unable to reset PIN using Forgot PIN Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset PIN using Forgot PIN Option: Hi!My Windows 11 recently got updated and post the update, the fingerprint sensor stopped accepting the enrolled fingerprint. In past, during such issues, I was able to use the Password to sign in to Windows however, the only option I am getting now is to use the PIN which I...
  10. Login: no other option but PIN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login: no other option but PIN: Hi, I have a laptop in which I've never configured a PIN, I've been using only my microsoft account password to login. Today, I turned my laptop on, only to find that W10 only gave me the choice to login via PIN (even though I've never set one). I can't choose another login...