Windows 10: Need to know which Folders are too large

Discus and support Need to know which Folders are too large in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Something happened recently that caused my files to almost double in the number on my C drive. I have been looking through File Explorer but it's hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by l_turn9, Feb 14, 2023.

1. l_turn9 Win User

Need to know which Folders are too large

Something happened recently that caused my files to almost double in the number on my C drive. I have been looking through File Explorer but it's hard to tell which files are the largest. I have started going thru each folder and selecting Properties but it's is a very slow process.Any suggestions on how or what to use to speed this process up?TIA

:)

l_turn9, Feb 14, 2023

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Feb 14, 2023
  3. Dani Pun Win User
    Large thumbnails as default to entire folders. Is possible?

Hi Kris,

We'd love to help you out with your concern.

You can set large thumbnails as default by doing the following steps:

• Go to the folder that you want to change the view settings and set it to Large view.
    • Click on View tab, then click Options (Note: If a menu drops down, select
      Change folder and search options).
    • From Options, click on the View tab, then click on the
      Apply to Foldersbutton.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Dani Pun, Feb 14, 2023
  4. Need to know which Folders are too large

Gray bar at bottom of each folder in large icons view

• What are the changes made or things you've done before the issue start? I ran hitmanpro.
    • Do this gray bar displays on all folders and files in the File Explorer?
      The gray bar does display on all folders in the File Explorer but not individual files themselves. The gray bar only displays on all folders in view as Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, and Medium Icons. The gray bar does not show when view is either in Small
      Icons or List, or Details.
    • Does the folders and files with the gray bar can still be accessed successfully?
      Yes all folders with the gray bar and the individual files in the folders can be accessed.
    I am currently running System File Checker and will let you know if that works.

If if doesn't work then I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness tool as suggested.

Thank you so much.

*UPDATE*

The results of System File Checker says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Now I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness Tool as suggested.

aries2ganymede, Feb 14, 2023
Thema:

Need to know which Folders are too large

1. Need to know which Folders are too large - Similar Threads - Need Folders are

2. ".V6" folder in user folder is too large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ".V6" folder in user folder is too large: Hello Microsoft Community,Details : 1. Windows 11 Pro 23H2 22635.39302. Was in Beta channel but opted out Didn't install an update after that3. After my recent tour, I got a new "Your Roaming User Profile was not synched" problem not solved, would love to get it solved ;I was...
  3. ".V6" folder in user folder is too large

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ".V6" folder in user folder is too large: Hello Microsoft Community,Details : 1. Windows 11 Pro 23H2 22635.39302. Was in Beta channel but opted out Didn't install an update after that3. After my recent tour, I got a new "Your Roaming User Profile was not synched" problem not solved, would love to get it solved ;I was...
  4. System32 too large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System32 too large: So I've been wondering why my C drive is almost full. I've read some similar, previously asked questions on the forums but I've yet to find someone with a similar issue. I ran TreeSize as suggested in some responses to pinpoint what's taking up so much space. the largest...
  5. WinSXS folder issue - growing too large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinSXS folder issue - growing too large: Ive been tackling an increasingly worrying issue regarding the WinSXS folder on my Windows Server 2016 fileserver. This folder continues to grow uncontrollably and no matter how many disk cleanups I run this is never enough. Is there another workaround to this issue?? I keep...
  6. WinSXS folder issue - growing too large

WinSXS folder issue - growing too large: Ive been tackling an increasingly worrying issue regarding the WinSXS folder on my Windows Server 2016 fileserver. This folder continues to grow uncontrollably and no matter how many disk cleanups I run this is never enough. Is there another workaround to this issue?? I keep...
  7. Need to know which Folders are too large

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to know which Folders are too large: Something happened recently that caused my files to almost double in the number on my C drive. I have been looking through File Explorer but it's hard to tell which files are the largest. I have started going thru each folder and selecting Properties but it's is a very slow...
  8. Need to know which Folders are too large

Need to know which Folders are too large: Something happened recently that caused my files to almost double in the number on my C drive. I have been looking through File Explorer but it's hard to tell which files are the largest. I have started going thru each folder and selecting Properties but it's is a very slow...
  9. The resolution is too large

in Windows 10 Customization
    The resolution is too large: I have set up my computer on a smaller monitor then normal, and find that the screen is much larger then the monitor can fit. When going into the settings, the only resolution sizes I have are 1280 x 720 witch is too big, and 800 x 600 witch is too long and not wide enough....
  10. The file inside the temporary folder is too large

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The file inside the temporary folder is too large: I found a file inside the temporary folder in the path C:\Windows\Temp\ whose size is 45 gigabytes as is clear image May I know where this file came from and how did it reach this size?[ATTACH]I found a file inside the temporary folder in the path c \ windows \ temp whose...