Windows 10: Need to create system backup to external hard drive

Discus and support Need to create system backup to external hard drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been instructed to do a factory reset on my Inspirion 16 Plus Windows 11 Pro to correct a going into recovery mode issue. Before doing that I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dthomps50154, May 6, 2024.

1. Need to create system backup to external hard drive

I've been instructed to do a factory reset on my Inspirion 16 Plus Windows 11 Pro to correct a going into recovery mode issue. Before doing that I need to create a system backup including all apps, documents, photos, video etc. How do I that to an external drive?

:)

Dthomps50154, May 6, 2024

2. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

Hello,

I wanted to create a backup on an external hard drive (Toshiba Canvio). When I connect the drive to the USB port (tried all of the available ones in my laptop), I can see the files stored in the drive, save files to the drive and basically perform all the operations on the drive too. The problem starts when I want to create a backup of the system on that drive: In the Settings->Create a backup->Add disk I can not list that external drive. How to create the backup on that drive?

Laptop: Lenovo y50-70
    Windows: 10 v. 21H1

Best Regards

Wojciech Ł, May 6, 2024
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, May 6, 2024
  4. ohiodude Win User

Need to create system backup to external hard drive

Creating a system image on an external hard drive.

I simply would like to create a system image to put on an external USB Hard Drive. I believe I have formatted it correctly but I am not sure about that. I would appreciate it if someone would be able to assist me by providing me with clear, concise, step-by-step instructions on:

A. How to format the external USB Hard Drive to put the System Image on and,

B. How to put the system Image on the newly formatted external USB hard drive.

Thanks in advance and please forgive my apparent and obvious lack of technical aptitude. There might be some who read this who might recall a daily comic in the print papers called "Dilbert" who wasn't a very mechanically inclined individual. I am "Dilbert" ten times over as it is clear I am not technically inclined; I am also not mechanically inclined.

ohiodude, May 6, 2024
Thema:

Need to create system backup to external hard drive

1. Need to create system backup to external hard drive - Similar Threads - Need create system

2. Need to create system backup to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to create system backup to external hard drive: I've been instructed to do a factory reset on my Inspirion 16 Plus Windows 11 Pro to correct a going into recovery mode issue. Before doing that I need to create a system backup including all apps, documents, photos, video etc. How do I that to an external drive?...
  3. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  4. External hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External hard drive backup: Hi everybody, I would like to back up an external hard drive. To this day at the end of the day I launch a backup program with which I save everything to another external hard drive. Due to a malfunction a few days ago I risked losing data both on the main hard disk and on...
  5. External hard drive backup

6. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a backup on an external hard drive: Hello,I wanted to create a backup on an external hard drive Toshiba Canvio. When I connect the drive to the USB port tried all of the available ones in my laptop, I can see the files stored in the drive, save files to the drive and basically perform all the operations on the...
  7. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

Creating a backup on an external hard drive: Hello,I wanted to create a backup on an external hard drive Toshiba Canvio. When I connect the drive to the USB port tried all of the available ones in my laptop, I can see the files stored in the drive, save files to the drive and basically perform all the operations on the...
  8. Creating a backup on an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. backup to external hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    backup to external hard drive: The backup to external hard drive will not perform. All kinds of errors and it says it did not backup. What? Am I so stupid that I cannot tell it what drive to back up to? It wants to choose for me and then does not like it's choice. Where are the real settings so I can...
  10. Creating a system restore in an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating a system restore in an external hard drive: I have windows 10 installed on my ssd in laptop.I want to create a backup of the windows only and store in my external hdd in a way that I would be able to use remaining space on external drive normally and restore from it if something bad happens.Is it possible? submitted...