Windows 10: Need to change phone number to verify anything

Discus and support Need to change phone number to verify anything in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Need to change phone number to verify anthing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FRANK SCALETTA JR, Mar 12, 2024.

1. Need to change phone number to verify anything

Need to change phone number to verify anthing

:)

FRANK SCALETTA JR, Mar 12, 2024
  2. JunkBear Win User

Outlook asking cellphone number

No need to verify. My number is more important than mails i receive. Canada dont allow service providers to sell phone numbers list anyway.

JunkBear, Mar 12, 2024
  3. twilyth Win User
    Blocking Cell Phone Numbers

Here's one way to get around the problem. It's kludgy but it should work.

Get a VOIP based phone service or a magic jack. For 24/7 access, you're better off with VOIP that uses an ethernet adapter, but that's up to the user.

The important point is to find one that lets you create your own "black list" of callers. Usually they will have both black and white list options and these are usually a subcategory under the "do not disturb" or similar feature.

The provider will usually let you create a second number for $5-10 per month. You'll use this for your cell phone number. If it is ever compromised, you can change it easily without affecting the base number.

Forward the second number to your cell phone and give everyone that one as your "cell phone" number. There will be a delay of a few seconds as calls get routed, but who cares. It's not like any of us is on Obama's speed dial right?

Now when you get assholes calling you, just add them to the black list.

You can also block calls w/o caller id this way if your cell phone co. doesn't already do that for you.

twilyth, Mar 12, 2024
Thema:

Need to change phone number to verify anything

1. Need to change phone number to verify anything - Similar Threads - Need change phone

2. Need to change phone number to verify anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to change phone number to verify anything: Need to change phone number to verify anthing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-phone-number-to-verify-anything/36c0bdd7-eba4-409f-b4f1-089e66aa4ee8
  3. VERIFY PHONE NUMBER FOR MICROSOFT ALERT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VERIFY PHONE NUMBER FOR MICROSOFT ALERT: i HAD AN ERROR MESSAGE ON MY COMPUTER AND WAS GIVEN A NUMBER TO CALL. I WANT TO VERIFY THE NUMBER WAS FROM MICROSOFT. 855-451-2951 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-phone-number-for-microsoft-alert/7aa37b77-d8e6-4b0f-98ba-46dcf3fba649
  4. VERIFY PHONE NUMBER FOR MICROSOFT ALERT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VERIFY PHONE NUMBER FOR MICROSOFT ALERT: i HAD AN ERROR MESSAGE ON MY COMPUTER AND WAS GIVEN A NUMBER TO CALL. I WANT TO VERIFY THE NUMBER WAS FROM MICROSOFT. 855-451-2951 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/verify-phone-number-for-microsoft-alert/7aa37b77-d8e6-4b0f-98ba-46dcf3fba649
  5. VERIFY PHONE NUMBER FOR MICROSOFT ALERT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Verifying Phone Number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Verifying Phone Number: Hello I Want To Verify My Phone In Microsoft But Every Time I Do It Sends A Code To My Phone But I Never Get It .Is There A Way To Check If I Typed My Phone Number Correctly ?...
  7. Verifying Phone Number

Verifying Phone Number: Hello I Want To Verify My Phone In Microsoft But Every Time I Do It Sends A Code To My Phone But I Never Get It .Is There A Way To Check If I Typed My Phone Number Correctly ?...
  8. Verifying Phone Number

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Can't verify phone number on coupons.com

Can't verify phone number on coupons.com: Coupons.com cannot verify my phone number when I'm using Windows 11. It works fine when I use another device with Windows 10. Is there a setting I can change on the 11?...
  10. Can't verify phone number on coupons.com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't verify phone number on coupons.com: Coupons.com cannot verify my phone number when I'm using Windows 11. It works fine when I use another device with Windows 10. Is there a setting I can change on the 11?...