Windows 10: Need help with frequent crashing in TF2 due to DPC Watchdog Violations

Discus and support Need help with frequent crashing in TF2 due to DPC Watchdog Violations in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all,I've had long running issues with DPC watchdog violations on my MSI Katana 15 B12VGK. Updating certain drivers has helped the issue somewhat in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stephanie Connor1, Oct 21, 2024 at 4:47 PM.

1. Need help with frequent crashing in TF2 due to DPC Watchdog Violations

Hi all,I've had long running issues with DPC watchdog violations on my MSI Katana 15 B12VGK. Updating certain drivers has helped the issue somewhat in the past but I've never been able to fully solve it. I'm posting five of my most recent minidumps here to see if I can get some resolution on this, or if I should look elsewhere. Thank you.https://www.mediafire.com/file/q7y18un1mlg25l2/Minidump%25284%2529.zip/file

:)

Stephanie Connor1, Oct 21, 2024 at 4:47 PM
  2. DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION HELP??

I've been experiencing a DPC Watchdog Violation error and have tried various solutions suggested in online tutorials and videos, but the issue persists. I'm not sure what's causing the problem. Can someone help me troubleshoot? I've included a crash log report and I can provide more information if needed.

This is the crash report down here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lKHyzNdpHo7VM27aSj2_t17hiGPJhxOM/view?usp=sharing

adonis olivo, Oct 21, 2024 at 5:35 PM
  3. fraidso Win User

Need help with frequent crashing in TF2 due to DPC Watchdog Violations

Frequent BSOD crashes - DPC Watchdog Violation

Hey all, I'm getting frequent DPC Watchdog_Violation BSOD crashes and I just cannot figure out why.

A bit of background: I bought an ACER Aspirer TC-280 Desktop in March. It ran okay for about a month then it started acting up. I had a ticking hard drive, multiple crashes etc. In Late June/early July, I had the HDD replaced by ACER. It continued to act up so the following week in July I had the entire tower replaced, with an indentical model.

This second TC-280 is the one currently experiencing frequent crashes. It will often go days without issue, and then have a crash with another one shortly after. The most recent crash was around 3:45 am on the morning of August 25, and one about 1:40 am on the morning of August 23. It almost crashed around 2:30 pm, today August 26 (frozen picture, buzzing sound) but it resolved itself.

It usually happens when watching videos on the computer. Youtube, from the HDD, doesn't matter. The screen will freeze and the audio will buzz until the blue screen pops up saying the system experienced an issue, and the code is DPC Watchdog Violation. However, it can also happen when doing something benign, for example, I had it freeze when simply scrolling through a text webpage.

I have done multiple Google searches and checked numerous forums and to try and fix this issue I have tried:

• Updating display/audio/chipset/etc drivers
    • Changing from HDMI-DVI to DVI-DVI to connect my monitor to the tower because I read that HDMI can cause issues
    • Turning of Fast-start up (I have since turned it back on because it made no difference)
    • Uninstalling Kaspersky (anti-virus) because I read that 3rd party antivirus can cause issues

The only thing that is constant between this computer and the last that also experienced BSOD crashes is my software (most of which I have used for years on multiple systems without issue) and monitor (again, also been using for years on multiple systems without issue) and I've searched multiple times to see if a monitor can cause this issue and have come up with nothing.

I followed the steps in the posting instructions and will attach the created zip file. Any help is greatly appreciated with this issue. It is driving me insane and I know I'm going to end up with a corrupted system/HDD if these crashes continue.

Thema:

Need help with frequent crashing in TF2 due to DPC Watchdog Violations

1. Need help with frequent crashing in TF2 due to DPC Watchdog Violations - Similar Threads - Need help frequent

2. Need help with frequent crashing in TF2 due to DPC Watchdog Violations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with frequent crashing in TF2 due to DPC Watchdog Violations: Hi all,I've had long running issues with DPC watchdog violations on my MSI Katana 15 B12VGK. Updating certain drivers has helped the issue somewhat in the past but I've never been able to fully solve it. I'm posting five of my most recent minidumps here to see if I can get...
  3. Need help with dpc watchdog violation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with dpc watchdog violation.: Hey I heard I can get help for how to find out what's causing the watchdog violation to happen on my PC. How would I go about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-dpc-watchdog-violation/80a36ee8-6977-4cc1-b2ad-e0b949362781
  4. Need help with dpc watchdog violation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with dpc watchdog violation.: Hey I heard I can get help for how to find out what's causing the watchdog violation to happen on my PC. How would I go about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-dpc-watchdog-violation/80a36ee8-6977-4cc1-b2ad-e0b949362781
  5. Need help with dpc watchdog violation bsod

Need help with dpc watchdog violation bsod: I keep getting this bsod randomly no matter what im doing,wether playing a game or watching yt. i updated all drivers and my bios and im not having thermal issues. here are my minidump files. any help appreciated. dump files.zip...
  6. Need help diagnosing crashes DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help diagnosing crashes DPC Watchdog Violation: I need help diagnosing an issue with a fresh Windows 10 installation. The computer will randomly lock up, no response to any inputs, any audio locks into a buzz. Sometimes it will get a blue screen on the main monitor while the side monitors still show whatever was on them...
  7. Need help diagnosing crashes DPC Watchdog Violation

Need help diagnosing crashes DPC Watchdog Violation: I need help diagnosing an issue with a fresh Windows 10 installation. The computer will randomly lock up, no response to any inputs, any audio locks into a buzz. Sometimes it will get a blue screen on the main monitor while the side monitors still show whatever was on them...
  8. Need help diagnosing crashes DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Frequent DPC Watchdog Violations Occuring

Frequent DPC Watchdog Violations Occuring: Laptop HP Notebook - 15g-dx0001au CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 2500u RAM: 8 GB GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8 HDD: WD 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA SSD: 120gb Kingston Windows 10 pro Link to minidump: minidump...
  10. Frequent BSOD crashes - DPC Watchdog Violation

Frequent BSOD crashes - DPC Watchdog Violation: Hey all, I'm getting frequent DPC Watchdog_Violation BSOD crashes and I just cannot figure out why. A bit of background: I bought an ACER Aspirer TC-280 Desktop in March. It ran okay for about a month then it started acting up. I had a ticking hard drive, multiple crashes...