Windows 10: Nearly always at 100% disk

Discus and support Nearly always at 100% disk in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My PC is nearly always at 100% disk usage, it's either "system" or "Antimalware service executable" or "Sysmain". It's always something, I always do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tehyana, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Nearly always at 100% disk

My PC is nearly always at 100% disk usage, it's either "system" or "Antimalware service executable" or "Sysmain". It's always something, I always do the updates, restarts when it asks, etc. Yet, every day is another one, surely windows 10 isn't updating every day, so what is my PC doing? Nearly always at 100% disk :(

I want it to stop doing unwanted updates or antivirus scans every single day, I can't do anything as it takes 100% disk. Help me, please!

submitted by /u/Tehyana
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tehyana, Oct 10, 2020
  2. TimGrandt Win User

Clean install, disk usage at 100%

I've seen that article. and I am in fact not running that driver. I followed the steps and it does not appear in the list.

TimGrandt, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Disk is always at 100%

Hi Richard,

Some bugs or disk drive errors may cause high disk utilization. If your task manager shows 100% disk utilization, you may need to optimize Windows by following these troubleshooting methods:

Disable Windows Search

Some bug in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 causes some "search loop" that causes maximum utilization of your disk. To disable
    Windows Search, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Scroll down to find Windows Search, right-click it, and select
      Properties.
    • Change the Startup type to Disabled and save the changes.

Disable Superfetch Service

Superfetch service has been identified as a possible cause of 100% disk utilization on Windows 10. To disable Superfetch service, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net.exe stop superfetch and press Enter.
    • Wait for a minute for the changes to apply and close the Command Prompt.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Oct 10, 2020
  4. RyanM94 Win User

Nearly always at 100% disk

Nearly Maxed CPU, Memory, and Disk

My computer is pretty old now. I think it is around 6-8 years. Yeah. No taking this ole beast back anywhere.

Just to clarify again I had this problem while on Windows 7, I thought after wiping the system and such and having no fix, I would take the step up and upgrade to 10 and see if that did anything. But no, same as before.

I have added some parts of my system like you have. I don't know what brand my memory I have is. If you need this I can try find it at some point.

I have 192GB free on C.

While running HD Tune my disk went to 100% but in the image below this time there is at least a reason for it. Whereas in my third image on my first post there doesn't appear to be anything?

Nearly always at 100% disk [​IMG]

Here is the health tab

Error tab

I have not cropped anything just in case you see anything on the other tabs.

RyanM94, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Nearly always at 100% disk

1. Nearly always at 100% disk - Similar Threads - Nearly always 100%

2. DISK usage always at or near 100% and is causing issues for my applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISK usage always at or near 100% and is causing issues for my applications: So I like playing games on my pc right. But it is nearly impossible because randomly in the games my ping spikes to incredible amounts and I can always see under task manager that my wifi is spazzing out on the graph. I have tried everything I could to make sure there is no...
  3. DISK usage always at or near 100% and is causing issues for my applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISK usage always at or near 100% and is causing issues for my applications: So I like playing games on my pc right. But it is nearly impossible because randomly in the games my ping spikes to incredible amounts and I can always see under task manager that my wifi is spazzing out on the graph. I have tried everything I could to make sure there is no...
  4. DISK usage always at or near 100% and is causing issues for my applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Disk usage always 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk usage always 100%: I am aware that this question has been asked in many other places, but I still cannot solve the disk usage problem 100%. I tried everything online, but this problem keeps popping up. Please help....
  6. memory alway near 100%

memory alway near 100%: when i open my computer and check my task manger it said memory 90% idk how it happen but it does't show high using processesmy spec IntelR CoreTM i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz ram 8gb...
  7. Disk always at 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk always at 100%: My disk is always at 100% so I decided to reset my pc. But unfortunately, it is still 100% no matter what. Open chrome 100%, open AV 100%, open office 100%. When standby, system 100%. Memory is at 70%-80% and some processor goes up too. What could be the problem? What if I...
  8. disk usage always 100%

disk usage always 100%: hi, i am using windows 10 home, version 2004. recently i noticed that my disk usage remains always 100% and my pc frequently freezes and even when starting the animated circle keep freezing but starts. what can i do to fix this?plz help. i didnt have this problem before. i...
  9. My disk is always at 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My disk is always at 100%: Hello everybody, first let me start by saying that this laptop was my parents and not mine. They bought one better so they gave me this one and I reset laptop and I notice I was getting 100% disk without even doing or downloading something. I asked my parents and they told me...
  10. Disk Usage always 100%

Disk Usage always 100%: I understand that this question has been asked in many other places but I still cant solve the 100% disk usage problem. I’ve tried everything online and even reinstalled windows but this problem just keeps coming back. Please help....