Windows 10: Mysterious shortcut opened Task Manager focused on active window

Discus and support Mysterious shortcut opened Task Manager focused on active window in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I stumbled upon an unusual shortcut on Windows that directly opened Task Manager focused on the process of my active window. I'm certain it started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/townes-paycheck, Jul 1, 2024.

1. Mysterious shortcut opened Task Manager focused on active window

I stumbled upon an unusual shortcut on Windows that directly opened Task Manager focused on the process of my active window. I'm certain it started with Shift + Windows Key + ... but can't recall the complete combination. There was something wrong with my keyboard (like some function key being active?), but I could see that when I pressed that specific combination of Opera browser, all the opens tabs and the designated resources were there. Has anyone else experienced this or knows the full shortcut?

submitted by /u/townes-paycheck
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/townes-paycheck, Jul 1, 2024
  2. keakar Win User

ad blocker doesnt run for my website shortcuts

first off, im using IE11, yes I know boo hiss its the devil, its too unsafe, but anyway....

I have adblocker and I cant find any reports on this issue but if I open the browser with the browser link adblock runs and its protected, but lets say I have a desktop shortcut to go to my email or here, well when you use a desktop shortcut to the websites, the browser opens without adblock running. I confirmed this in task manager that it is indeed still off and not a running process. I also noted that adblock is not listed in the services list but im not sure if it should be or not.

so any help or advice on this would be great, I use desktop shortcuts for stuff and this means adblocker isn't running for nearly half of my online activities, maybe more. if it cant run anytime the browser is open then why have it, I see nothing in the way of settings or preferences options except a website block list or allow ads for this site.

keakar, Jul 1, 2024
  3. Brink Win User
    Open Task Manager in Windows 10

Denis,

You could create a Task Manager shortcut, then set the shortcut to "Run" "Minimized" like below. When you open the shortcut, it'll open Task Manager minimized by default.

Mysterious shortcut opened Task Manager focused on active window 101874d1485971954-open-task-manager-windows-10-a-shortcut.png

Brink, Jul 1, 2024
  4. Fabler2 Win User

Mysterious shortcut opened Task Manager focused on active window

Device Manager shortcut

Why not create a shortcut as @Farvatten suggested and drag it to the task bar. Then it's a one click open.

Mysterious shortcut opened Task Manager focused on active window 305686d1605079955t-device-manager-shortcut-screenshot_11.png

Fabler2, Jul 1, 2024
Thema:

Mysterious shortcut opened Task Manager focused on active window

1. Mysterious shortcut opened Task Manager focused on active window - Similar Threads - Mysterious shortcut opened

2. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager not opening: The task manager of my Dell desktop does not open. It is a Windows 10This is the I get this error that appears in the screen with a sound: C:Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe Please, note that there is a second big problem, I cannot type in the SEARCH at all.So all the...
  3. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager not opening: The task manager of my Dell desktop does not open. It is a Windows 10This is the I get this error that appears in the screen with a sound: C:Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe Please, note that there is a second big problem, I cannot type in the SEARCH at all.So all the...
  4. Task manager not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mysterious Shortcut Behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Shortcut Behavior: I use the free version of EssentialPIM, which has a series of assigned keyboard shortcuts, of which I use only Ctrl+Shft+S and Ctrl-Shft-T. A while ago, needing to see the calendar, I used Ctrl-Shft-S, which as has been true for quite some time, brought up the calendar. When...
  6. Task Manager shortcut keys are not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager shortcut keys are not working: My Task Manager shortcut (Left Ctrl)+Shift+Esc keys worked for a while and it stopped working for some time. Now I have to use the (Right Ctrl)+Shift+Esc keys for it to work. How do I change this back to its original default shortcut keys? 174872
  7. Task Manager will not open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager will not open.: Hi everyone. I am running into an issue with Task Manager. When I try to open it (via ALL ways), I get the admin prompt that asks me permission to open it. After saying yes, the program never ends up opening. The thing is that the task manager prompt says that it is from an...
  8. mysterious process in task manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    mysterious process in task manager: i havent had any luck looking on the internet for this is, it persisted after a clean reset of my computer please help[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mysterious-process-in-task-manager/83ec817e-8d7b-412c-bbd4-2eac058c93b1"
  9. Windows Task manager keyboard shortcut is not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Task manager keyboard shortcut is not working: Hello, I can not open Task Manager with shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + ESC or thought CTRL + ALT + DELETE. From CMD it is not working too (tskmgr.exe). It's working only if I open it from "C:\Windows\System32". Please help. 74046
  10. mystery keyboard shortcut activates Sleep without prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    mystery keyboard shortcut activates Sleep without prompt: Let me preface this with yes I did google and searched on this forum and no I couldn't find anything that seemed to fit this issue. I tried Alt+F4 and that was not the same result. When the issue occurred, I was playing a game and within the game there is a debug on/off...