Windows 10: Mysterious "Backup Set" folder

Discus and support Mysterious "Backup Set" folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone!I'm using Windows 11 and have set up "File History" as well as "System Image Backup" as usual and everything runs as it should. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by F.G. Thompson, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Mysterious "Backup Set" folder

Hello everyone!I'm using Windows 11 and have set up "File History" as well as "System Image Backup" as usual and everything runs as it should. Both functions created their familiar folders "File History" and "WindowsImageBackup", respectively, and contain the expected [backup] data. No other backup software / tool has been deployed.Strangely, though, I've discovered an additional [unknown/mysterious] folder on the backup drive, for which I have no explanation see picture.Does anyone know where this folder comes from, how it is created or by what application / function and the meaning of th

:)

F.G. Thompson, Oct 24, 2023

2. How to set a Backup location (Windows XP)?

Hi Greg - It is Windows 7.

The problem is when I attach an external hard drive to use as a backup the device does not come up as a possible backup (if I go through the steps to choose a backup). Nor is it listed as a folder in the Libraries window to drag files into.

I have gone through via Windows help all steps, and yet the drive is still not appearing as a possible Backup location.

(It is listed in Devices).

If you can explain to me how to set this external hard drive up as a backup I'd be grateful!

JulithaRyan, Oct 24, 2023
  3. Backup Options: Lists of Folders to backup or exclude

Settings - Backup Options has lists of folders to back up and folders to exclude. I want NOTHING in either list. But all I can do is ADD to those lists. If I add a folder to EXCLUDE, it goes off backup and appears in EXCLUDE. But that's NOT what
    I want. I just want to delete all folder names from those lists. There doesn't seem to be a way to delete a listed folder. What am I missing? Thanks.

WP51 user even now, Oct 24, 2023
  4. Mysterious "Backup Set" folder

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 24, 2023
Thema:

Mysterious "Backup Set" folder

1. Mysterious "Backup Set" folder - Similar Threads - Mysterious Backup Set

2. Mysterious "Backup Set" folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious "Backup Set" folder: Hello everyone!I'm using Windows 11 and have set up "File History" as well as "System Image Backup" as usual and everything runs as it should. Both functions created their familiar folders "File History" and "WindowsImageBackup", respectively, and contain the expected...
  3. Mystery folder /drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery folder /drive: I went to create a restore point and seen this Folder/Drive. What is it and how do I get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mystery-folder-drive/6291c511-c9bd-49fc-a9a2-6e4818b60be3
  4. Windows 10 backup mystery

Windows 10 backup mystery: My wife and I have 2 Windows 10 computers that are, except for the monitors & graphic cards identical. I run Windows backup on our computers weekly. On my computer each backup creates another backup file. On my wife's computer there's just one backup file and it's huge. Any...
  5. Windows 10 backup mystery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 backup mystery: My wife and I have 2 Windows 10 computers that are, except for the monitors & graphic cards identical. I run Windows backup on our computers weekly. On my computer each backup creates another backup file. On my wife's computer there's just one backup file and it's huge. Any...
  6. Windows 10 backup mystery

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Mysterious Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mysterious Folder: I have a sub-folder in My Documents named "Search". I did not create this folder, nor do I have any idea where it is coming from. When I try to delete it, I get a "Folder Access Denied" window that pops up and says "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete...
  8. Mysterious Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious Folder: I have a sub-folder in My Documents named "Search". I did not create this folder, nor do I have any idea where it is coming from. When I try to delete it, I get a "Folder Access Denied" window that pops up and says "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete...
  9. Mysterious Folder

10. Mysterious folders in network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mysterious folders in network.: I have 2 new folders in the network in File explorer, Documents 2 and music 2. I can't find these folders in the C drive view. ? 29855