Windows 10: My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..???

Discus and support My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..??? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StephenWray2, Apr 6, 2023.

1. My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..???

My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..???

:)

StephenWray2, Apr 6, 2023

2. Windows 10 won't play, rip, or recognize any audio cd's

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now when I put a cd in the drive it won't play them or even recognize that there's a cd in the drive. Windows Media Player would always play the cd and I would use that program to rip music. Even File Explorer doesn't
    even list or recognize that there is a cd in the drive. I have new cd's that I want to rip into my computer and I cannot and it's really starting to frustrate me. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone have a solution or have a suggestion on how to
    fix this issue?

Jeff198366, Apr 6, 2023
  3. CD/DVD drive won't play CDs & does not appear in This PC list in File Explorer

Hello --

The CD/DVD drive on my older PC with Windows 10 has stopped playing CDs, and the drive does not appear under This PC in File Explorer.

- Yet Device Manager lists the drive and under Properties>General states "This device is working properly."

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Further details:

- This is a reconditioned Lenovo ThinkPad T430s, running Windows 10 Pro

- The drive is Matsushita DVD-RAM UJ8C2 with up-to-date Microsoft driver

- Before it stopped playing and showing up in Explorer, some CDs were intermittently recognized within WMP. I thought this might be b/c of disc condition (borrowed from public library).

Joan-jjblue, Apr 6, 2023
  4. Helmut Win User

My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..???

Audio CD's not playing

You seem to have a missing entry in the features list, there should be a + with Windows Media Player tick box. Unless you have some corporate version of Windows 10 with restrictions of some sort.

It is your Media player that does not play Audio CDs, these are Data discs not files.

Mine shows correctly as in post #9 that is how File Explorer represents those CD Audio data Tracks with WMP as default.

On my Laptop, with 5 listed Music players.
    Windows Media Player, IrfanView(with plugins) plays the Audio CDs, but not VLC Player(apps version), Toshiba Media Player, Groove Music.

I don't have iTunes. That you will have to check.

Groove Music is in the MS Store(free as you would expect), should be showing as Installed, but of no use in this case.

Helmut, Apr 6, 2023
Thema:

1. My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..??? - Similar Threads - WMP has played

2. My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..???: My WMP has not played my old CDs . It doe not recognize the CD.?? It plays the new CDs..??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wmp-has-not-played-my-old-cds-it-doe-not/8de0895a-ae97-4c16-849c-c70958db9384
  3. My PC no longer plays my CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC no longer plays my CDs: It was working up to fairly recently, but now when I enter a disc nothing happens, and it ejects the CD. Any advice please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-no-longer-plays-my-cds/f22dd74e-d97e-4a2e-a919-abab12212b8e
  4. CDs will not play

CDs will not play: I have a Sony Vaio SVS131112 laptop with built-in CD/DVD drive (Matshita DVD-RAM UJ8A7AS), which no longer works. Discs are accepted, device check says drive is functioning properly, autoplay on, but disc does not appear in Windows Media Player. Running Windows 10, upgraded...
  5. cds won't play

cds won't play: When I load a cd on windows 10 it pops out and will never play https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cds-wont-play/9a7d8923-a215-4872-b209-8dcfcb9c8fc3
  6. My CD drive does not recognize my CDs

My CD drive does not recognize my CDs: My CD drive does not recognize my CDs Windows 10 Home Version 1809 I've tried some things but it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cd-drive-does-not-recognize-my-cds/5669eaef-c4d6-4d92-908e-4889b6660cbe
  7. playing cds/dvds on an external drive

playing cds/dvds on an external drive: Whether my win10 laptop will play cds on an external drive is somewhat hit-and-miss. I have 2 drives, one old and one new. I have the same problem with both, though the old one is recognised as a drive, whereas it seems the newer one isn't. This is a huge problem, as I use...
  8. New computer with Windows 10 installed won't play or recognize music CDs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New computer with Windows 10 installed won't play or recognize music CDs: I recently bought a new Acer desktop computer with Windows 10 installed. When I attempt to play a music CD, Media Player will neither play the CD nor apparently even recognize that a CD has been inserted. I've read some other comments here about this issue but I've yet to...
  9. CDs won't play

CDs won't play: I have never had trouble using an audio cd in my HP 64-bit Windows 10 computer. Popular programs would recognize the audio files for ripping, etc. Groove music would automatically open when I inserted a disk. Now, after a recent Win 10 update this is no longer the case. Disks...
  10. external cd drive/burner plays but wont burn cds

external cd drive/burner plays but wont burn cds: Hi I have recently installed an external cd/dvd drive/burner on windows 10. I can get it to play cds but it will not burn. It keeps coming up with this error msg when i try to burn- 'The disc wasn't burned successfully. Make sure that you have the latest firmware for you cd...