Windows 10: My windows widgets won't change language

Discus and support My windows widgets won't change language in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been facing this problem where my windows widgets at the bottom left corner of my screen can't change language. I've already tried changing them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mazin Nawar, Nov 28, 2022.

1. My windows widgets won't change language

I've been facing this problem where my windows widgets at the bottom left corner of my screen can't change language. I've already tried changing them from settings but they don't seem to change, even after I restart. Any suggestions?

:)

Mazin Nawar, Nov 28, 2022
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Nov 28, 2022
  3. Vineet_K Win User
    Changing Language of Widgets bar in windows 11

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you need help regarding language in Windows 11 widgets

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model number of your PC?
    • What is the Version and Build of Windows 11 installed on the tablet? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Is your PC running on a single language operating system?
    Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Settings (Windows + I), select Time & language from the left pane
    2. On the right hand side, select Language & region
    3. You may select the desired Windows display language from the dropdown menu
    4. You may also Add a language and set it as windows display language

My windows widgets won't change language 69f36ad5-b3df-4d8e-aed8-7d0b95064df1?upload=true.png

We appreciate you interest towards Windows 11

We await your response

Vineet Kumar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Vineet_K, Nov 28, 2022
  4. My windows widgets won't change language

My Widgets are in foreign language

• My System settings and language is set to English (United States).
    • My Region is the Netherlands, because that's where I live.
    • I don't speak the language of the region (Dutch).
    • Windows assumes that I do speak Dutch and shows me widgets and news content in local language.
    How do I change this so that I only see English content in Widgets section?

My windows widgets won't change language a375cdc7-8845-4b7a-b63f-aefb97093a3c?upload=true.png

Serge_9238, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

My windows widgets won't change language

1. My windows widgets won't change language - Similar Threads - widgets won't change

2. My windows widgets won't change language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows widgets won't change language: I've been facing this problem where my windows widgets at the bottom left corner of my screen can't change language. I've already tried changing them from settings but they don't seem to change, even after I restart. Any suggestions?...
  3. Language of Widgets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language of Widgets: My problem is that the language of widgets bar is all in Arabic. I live in Saudi Arabia, maybe that is why it is in Arabic. Any ideas on how to change the language? I went to the feed and personalization website, but nothing really changed in terms of language. I want it in...
  4. Language of Widgets

Language of Widgets: My problem is that the language of widgets bar is all in Arabic. I live in Saudi Arabia, maybe that is why it is in Arabic. Any ideas on how to change the language? I went to the feed and personalization website, but nothing really changed in terms of language...
  5. Language of the Widgets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language of the Widgets: I have upgraded to Windows 11 a few days ago. The probem I am having is that the widgets display in the German language, a language I do not speak. How can I change the language of the widgets from German to Italian? I have already tried to go to the below page and change the...
  6. Language of the Widgets

Language of the Widgets: I have upgraded to Windows 11 a few days ago. The probem I am having is that the widgets display in the German language, a language I do not speak. How can I change the language of the widgets from German to Italian? I have already tried to go to the below page and change the...
  7. How To Change Windows 11 Widget Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Change Windows 11 Widget Language: I have no idea what language is this and how they come to my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-windows-11-widget-language/1de52f7e-812a-4a42-b633-fd5547e444f0
  8. How To Change Windows 11 Widget Language

How To Change Windows 11 Widget Language: I have no idea what language is this and how they come to my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-windows-11-widget-language/1de52f7e-812a-4a42-b633-fd5547e444f0
  9. Changing Language of Widgets bar in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Language of Widgets bar in windows 11: I love the widgets bar, the only problem is that the language is all in Arabic. I live in Saudi Arabia, maybe that is why it is in Arabic. Any ideas on how to change the language? I went to the feed and personalization website, but nothing really changed in terms of language...
  10. Changing Language of Widgets bar in windows 11

Changing Language of Widgets bar in windows 11: I love the widgets bar, the only problem is that the language is all in Arabic. I live in Saudi Arabia, maybe that is why it is in Arabic. Any ideas on how to change the language? I went to the feed and personalization website, but nothing really changed in terms of language...