Windows 10: My windows 8 can't run exe files aven after using regedit. Is it a software related problem?

Discus and support My windows 8 can't run exe files aven after using regedit. Is it a software related problem? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi.I bought a Windows surface with Windows 8 and reseted it to factory settings. It is connected to my Microsoft account, but I don't seem to be able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Matheus Rodrigues da, Apr 29, 2024.

1. My windows 8 can't run exe files aven after using regedit. Is it a software related problem?

Hi.I bought a Windows surface with Windows 8 and reseted it to factory settings. It is connected to my Microsoft account, but I don't seem to be able to run .exe files. I'm trying to install Google Chrome on it but it says "This app can't run on your PC". I tried using regedit to put .exe to exefiles and both exefile and open to "%1"%*, but I still see the same error. Why might that be? Furthermore Windows Store won't open, so is it related to the windows version windows rt 8.1?Thanks.

:)

Matheus Rodrigues da, Apr 29, 2024

2. exe files and regedit

I can't access any of my exe files or regedit. Every time I double click on a program, Windows 10 tells me to find an app to open it. When regedit came up the first time, I looked up the steps to getting my exe files to be recognized by Windows 10 and
    that didn't work. Now, I can't get regedit to work! i am so frustrated. Could somebody help me and tell me what is going on here please?

JuniorHamilton1, Apr 29, 2024
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 8 Tips and Tricks

Now that Windows 8 is starting to become available in preview form, I figured a thread on some tweaks we are using would be nice.

Disable Metro UI
    Spoiler The Metro UI is nice for tablets, but IMO it is useless on a desktop/laptop computer. So I like to disable it.

• Open Regedit
    • Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer"
    • Change the RPEnable key from 1 to 0
    • Close Regedit
    • Reboot the PC
    or

Download the zip file attached to this post and run the registry files to enable or disable the Metro UI. Then reboot the PC.

This is a user specific setting, so disabling it when logged in as one user will not disable it for other users of the computer.

newtekie1, Apr 29, 2024
  4. Eric Ber Win User

My windows 8 can't run exe files aven after using regedit. Is it a software related problem?

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Apr 29, 2024
Thema:

My windows 8 can't run exe files aven after using regedit. Is it a software related problem?

1. My windows 8 can't run exe files aven after using regedit. Is it a software related problem? - Similar Threads - can't run exe

2. My windows 8 can't run exe files aven after using regedit. Is it a software related problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 8 can't run exe files aven after using regedit. Is it a software related problem?: Hi.I bought a Windows surface with Windows 8 and reseted it to factory settings. It is connected to my Microsoft account, but I don't seem to be able to run .exe files. I'm trying to install Google Chrome on it but it says "This app can't run on your PC". I tried using...
  3. Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open .exe files anymore and can't open cmd or regedit: Hi, I can't open .exe file anymore. When I double click on I have this pop up asking how I want to open .exe file. Do you know how I can fix this problem whereas I can't open cmd or regedit ? [IMG] [IMG]...
  4. can't run .exe files in windows 10

can't run .exe files in windows 10: Hi I'm using windows 10 and I don't why I can't open any .exe files including system files like cmdas admin, task manager, registery editor, any program installed by me. I even don't get any response if I click on any button in windows like for eg: if I click "turn windows...
  5. Can't launch any .exe file, not even regedit and cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't launch any .exe file, not even regedit and cmd: Some of my apps were not launching so I followed a Youtube tutorial and changed a value in .exe folder in registry but nothing changed so I went back and reversed the changes in registry. After doing that I cannot launch any .exe file, neither regedit nor cmd. And no system...
  6. Problems using almost all windows related software

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems using almost all windows related software: Hello, I’ve been having problems with my pc not allowing me to open or access anything like Microsoft Store, Photos, One Drive, or anything like that. I noticed When I go to my account setting it says verify identity, but if I click verify a grey screen pops up and flickers...
  7. I can't run .exe files.

I can't run .exe files.: Hi there! Recently, I was not able to run .exe files. For some reason, windows defender found svchost.exe as a virus, so I deleted it. This instantly closed all exe files I had running and closed task manager (which I cannot open anymore). I am very worried as there are many...
  8. Problem running an .exe file

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem running an .exe file: I tried to run an .exe from a dir on win10 by clicking on it and got a message that defender had stopped it running. i clicked for more details and i got it to run. but i did nothing to see that this won't happen again. could it? is there something we should do when...
  9. exe files and regedit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    exe files and regedit: I can't access any of my exe files or regedit. Every time I double click on a program, Windows 10 tells me to find an app to open it. When regedit came up the first time, I looked up the steps to getting my exe files to be recognized by Windows 10 and that didn't work. Now, I...
  10. Problem with running .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with running .exe files: Hi everyone, my friend having a problem with running .exe files. I thought it would be the best to ask here. He can't run .exe files. Sorry for my bad English. http://oi58.tinypic.com/spvnh1.jpg 20973