Windows 10: My wifi option suddenly disappeared on my laptop.

Discus and support My wifi option suddenly disappeared on my laptop. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The wifi suddenly got disconnected while I'm using my laptop. When I opened my shortcut tab at the bottom right of my screen, the wifi option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zi Xuan1, Nov 12, 2023.

1. Zi Xuan1 Win User

My wifi option suddenly disappeared on my laptop.

The wifi suddenly got disconnected while I'm using my laptop. When I opened my shortcut tab at the bottom right of my screen, the wifi option completely disappeared. I tried to troubleshoot my internet connections and it kept telling me to plug an ethernet cable to this computer. But this laptop has no port for Lan and I've been using wifi all these while. Ive restarted my laptop several times but there was no difference. I have also done a network reset but it still doesn't show the wifi option. Please help.

:)

Zi Xuan1, Nov 12, 2023
  2. Pogo Win User

2 laptops suddenly cannot log onto wifi.

Have 2 Win-10 laptops that were doing fine - Nighthawk R700P set up many months ago. Suddenly both cannot log onto wifi. Going to list of available networks, choosing "home" and disconnecting and then reconnect does not help. Suggestions? Not the greatest computer wizards here. My wifi option suddenly disappeared on my laptop. :)

Lenovo laptop wanted latest Windows update; upon rebooting everything seems fine. Other machine is actually an HP all-o\in-one, not actual laptop - but Win10 anyway. Will check if update is needed.

Now HP is OK as well. Problem began there yesterday and on Lenovo today but now both seem OK. Curiouser & curiouser as Alice said; sorry to have taken up your time.

3. J Rys Win User
    Laptop currently connected to wifi, then suddenly disconnected and there’s NO wifi option under Network & Internet

Laptop currently connected to wifi, then suddenly disconnected and there’s NO wifi option under Network & Internet

Hi I’m running into some concerns, my laptop is currently connected into the wifi, however, sometimes it would suddenly disconnect, and the WIFI option was not there anymore.

To restore the WIFI option, I always need to restart the device and it would appear again. Is there other options to restore the WIFI option without restarting? Or any other option to avoid this? Or why was this happening?

Thank you so much! Hope somebody could shed some info on this.

J Rys, Nov 12, 2023
  4. My wifi option suddenly disappeared on my laptop.

Wifi Option Disappearing on computer.

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below suggestion provided by Kiran Kishore replied on November 2, 2015 and check if it helps.

Redirecting

You may refer to the below article “Connectivity” and check if it helps.

Windows help & learning

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 12, 2023
Thema:

My wifi option suddenly disappeared on my laptop.

1. My wifi option suddenly disappeared on my laptop. - Similar Threads - wifi option suddenly

2. My wifi suddenly disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi suddenly disappears: My wifi suddenly disappers and I dont know the reason and it happens often, when it disappears I cant re open it because every icon about it or switch is missing...
  3. My wifi suddenly disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi suddenly disappears: My wifi suddenly disappers and I dont know the reason and it happens often, when it disappears I cant re open it because every icon about it or switch is missing...
  4. Wifi option suddenly disappearing from hp laptop.

Wifi option suddenly disappearing from hp laptop.: Using Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11bgn WiFi Adapter Driver version: 3.0.2.201. In device manager wifi is showing in hidden devices. Even after uninstalling and restating I am unable to see Wi-Fi. How to resolve this issue? Using windows 10....
  5. My wifi option suddenly disappeared on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi option suddenly disappeared on my laptop.: The wifi suddenly got disconnected while I'm using my laptop. When I opened my shortcut tab at the bottom right of my screen, the wifi option completely disappeared. I tried to troubleshoot my internet connections and it kept telling me to plug an ethernet cable to this...
  6. My wifi option suddenly disappeared on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wifi option suddenly disappeared on my laptop.: The wifi suddenly got disconnected while I'm using my laptop. When I opened my shortcut tab at the bottom right of my screen, the wifi option completely disappeared. I tried to troubleshoot my internet connections and it kept telling me to plug an ethernet cable to this...
  7. Suddenly my wifi option on my PC got disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly my wifi option on my PC got disappeared: I was watching something thereafter suddenly my wifi got disconnected so i checked and i found that there is no tab for wifi in my network settings I have tried troubleshooting and i found that there is something wrong with my network driver...
  8. Suddenly my wifi option on my PC got disappeared

Suddenly my wifi option on my PC got disappeared: I was watching something thereafter suddenly my wifi got disconnected so i checked and i found that there is no tab for wifi in my network settings I have tried troubleshooting and i found that there is something wrong with my network driver...
  9. Wifi option disappeared from my laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi option disappeared from my laptop...: Windows 11 : Version 21H2Asus TUF gaming A15>My wifi randomly just stopped working and disconnected, I have tried resetting my networks adapters settings, resetting and updating drivers. I don't have access to wifi settings in Windows settings. My wifi worked perfectly the...
  10. Wifi option disappeared from my laptop...

Wifi option disappeared from my laptop...: Windows 11 : Version 21H2Asus TUF gaming A15>My wifi randomly just stopped working and disconnected, I have tried resetting my networks adapters settings, resetting and updating drivers. I don't have access to wifi settings in Windows settings. My wifi worked perfectly the...