Windows 10: My wifi button is not showing up anymore

Discus and support My wifi button is not showing up anymore in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I know this has happened to lots of people in the past including me, but this time, I can’t seem to figure out why this is happening.My thoughts are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jeff Bob1, Dec 25, 2023.

1. Jeff Bob1 Win User

My wifi button is not showing up anymore

I know this has happened to lots of people in the past including me, but this time, I can’t seem to figure out why this is happening.My thoughts are that my WiFi Adapter is corrupted because it’s giving me a “Code 10” in device manager.It also has a warning hazard icon too.I’ve tried resetting and shutting down my computer, even doing two network resets, but it’s still not workingAny help would be much appreciated.

:)

Jeff Bob1, Dec 25, 2023
  2. ju4nj3 Win User

Search button and Wifi petitions

Hi,

I send you two ideas/petitions.

For saving battery, and if GPS doesn't consume much to do this, it would be cool:

• Register with GPS the most used wifis (office, home, other) and automatically turn off wifi when you're moving.
    • If you don't move and you're using the phone, automatically turn on wifi, search for one and show notification about it. If no wifi found turn it automatically off again.
    Don't understand why have another search buttons on screen when you have one physically on the phone!!. It's a natural action to press the search button in the app that you are using. I suggest these situations.

• If you are in tiles screen and user press search button, show Bing.
    • If you are in app list and user press search button, show Search for apps.
    • If you are using an app and it supports search button, show the app's Search page.
    • If you are using an app and doesn't support search button, show Bing.
    • If you are using an app and you want show Bing, hold finger on search button like Back button on multitask.
    What do you think guys?

Regards,

ju4nj3, Dec 25, 2023
  3. AlineY Win User
    "WiFi- Show Available Networks" does not list wireless routers anymore

I have the exact same problem ad Topic Starter,

When clicking 'Show available networks' in Windows Settings > Status or Wi-Fi > Show Available networks, or clicking the wifi icon in the taskbar (bottom right), the list will pop up, but not show any networks.

- I am currently connected to a network I have been connected to before (wireless)

- When I choose Windows Settings > Wi-Fi > Manage known networks it will show all the networks I have been connected to in the past.

- When I restart my computer I can click the wifi icon on the Windows login page and it will show available networks.

I have tried many different things, but to no avail. For now I can work, since my home and work network are recognized - but I won't be able to join a new network or to 'forget' a network, or manually connect to it.

Some suggested to do something with Cortana, but that is not a process that runs on my computer.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Secondary problem: the Windows search bar (when you click the Start button/windows key on the keyboard), does not work anymore. No searches for any application or file are currently possible. Highly annoying.

Thanks,

Aline

AlineY, Dec 25, 2023
  4. Marc Cai Win User

"WiFi- Show Available Networks" does not list wireless routers anymore

It is good to be cautious at all times. To set an expectation regarding the concern, the
    network lists or saved network profiles should not be affected by the steps. But in order to be sure that everything will be safe and sound, please refer to the following links:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Back up and restore your PC

I noticed that there are good new suggestions. It is best to give each of them a chance.

Regards.

Marc Cai, Dec 25, 2023
Thema:

1. My wifi button is not showing up anymore - Similar Threads - wifi button showing

2. The wifi button isn't showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The wifi button isn't showing up.: The wifi button for some reason isn't showing up and I can't connect to anything it's really frustrating as I can't do anything important. When I restart the computer it pops back up for 2 minutes before the computer disconnects from the WiFi and the sign disappears again. I...
  3. The wifi button isn't showing up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The wifi button isn't showing up.: The wifi button for some reason isn't showing up and I can't connect to anything it's really frustrating as I can't do anything important. When I restart the computer it pops back up for 2 minutes before the computer disconnects from the WiFi and the sign disappears again. I...
  4. My wifi button is not showing up anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi button is not showing up anymore: I know this has happened to lots of people in the past including me, but this time, I can’t seem to figure out why this is happening.My thoughts are that my WiFi Adapter is corrupted because it’s giving me a “Code 10” in device manager.It also has a warning hazard icon...
  5. WIFI not showing anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI not showing anymore: I just performed system restore in my PC, it is successful however now I have a very bad problem. The WIFI in my laptop is not showing. I cant see it on my settings anymore. I have ethernet cord from the other room so I can still browse but I want to connect using WIFI....
  6. WIFI not showing anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI not showing anymore: I just performed system restore in my PC, it is successful however now I have a very bad problem. The WIFI in my laptop is not showing. I cant see it on my settings anymore. I have ethernet cord from the other room so I can still browse but I want to connect using WIFI....
  7. WIFI not showing anymore

8. Wifi not showing anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi not showing anymore.: Hello.I noticed recently that suddently i don't have the wifi option anymore. All i did was open my pc as normal and just play some games.I don't use the wifi often, but i my Ethernet cable doesn't work anymore, so i kind of had use the alternative.It would be much...
  9. Wifi not showing anymore.

Wifi not showing anymore.: Hello.I noticed recently that suddently i don't have the wifi option anymore. All i did was open my pc as normal and just play some games.I don't use the wifi often, but i my Ethernet cable doesn't work anymore, so i kind of had use the alternative.It would be much...
  10. WiFi connection option doesn’t show up anymore. The

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi connection option doesn’t show up anymore. The: I no longer have a wifi option on my Inspiron desktop. The only internet option available is ethernet, it is which is not plugged in and was never used. I have tried all the reccomended fixes. Still no wifi. wifi is availabe and working on all other devices. please...