Windows 10: My USB stick was infected and I accidentally clicked on the only file visible on it

Discus and support My USB stick was infected and I accidentally clicked on the only file visible on it in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The file is a shortcut with following path: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c start rundll32... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Vibe Knight, Oct 3, 2023.

1. My USB stick was infected and I accidentally clicked on the only file visible on it

The file is a shortcut with following path: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c start rundll32 \cbfecbfecbfcbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfbcb.cbfecbfecbfcbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfbcb,GEcyVrPlIeCYvJazI've already scanned everything with malwarebytes and windows defender and got no detections.

:)

Vibe Knight, Oct 3, 2023
  2. Ulysses Win User

USB stick infected?

Thanks for your such informative suggestions.

i will be more careful about such sticks. i never connect others stick to my PC.

what should i do now to be clear that my PC is not effected?

how to see activite on my network?

p.s. i will run windows on VM and will check stick on there right?

Ulysses, Oct 3, 2023
  3. Adam Win User
    usb stick pretends to be empty after worm

I plugged my USB stick in an infected PC(did not know that at first) and then back to my PC. When I plugged it in my PC, Windows-Defender poped up and showed a serious warning:

Now when I click at the USB device it is shown empty, although if I do rightclick and options I see that it is still 150 MB occupied, so I guess there are still the files on the USB stick. I plugged the USB device back into the infected PC and there the files were visible.

I am now in the situation that I only have the USB stick left and no access anymore to the infected PC. Is there any chance that I can recover the "hidden" files on the USB stick withouth infecting my PC?

Adam, Oct 3, 2023
  4. Ulysses Win User

My USB stick was infected and I accidentally clicked on the only file visible on it

USB stick infected?

Hello ten community,

When i connected my USB stick on PC ( windows LTSC v.1809) got such weird folders.

please see attached screenshot.

I had it formatted before and nowhere connected till today.

whats that?

p.s. is any solutions to avoid PC infections from USB? when i connect USB stick i have always pressed on shift button and after will connect a sticks.
    how is possible clean USB from virus by CMD without losing data inside?

sometimes i got a USB sticks from user's with shortcut inside and all data is hiden or something like it.

thanks for ur time.

Ulysses, Oct 3, 2023
Thema:

My USB stick was infected and I accidentally clicked on the only file visible on it

1. My USB stick was infected and I accidentally clicked on the only file visible on it - Similar Threads - USB stick was

2. I can not extract files in a USB stick.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not extract files in a USB stick.: Whenever i try to extract a file in a USB stick, it always gives me this error:How do i fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-extract-files-in-a-usb-stick/184b92dd-75f5-4361-a034-6f48daf1f7ca
  3. My USB stick was infected and I accidentally clicked on the only file visible on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB stick was infected and I accidentally clicked on the only file visible on it: The file is a shortcut with following path: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c start rundll32 \cbfecbfecbfcbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfbcb.cbfecbfecbfcbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfbcb,GEcyVrPlIeCYvJazI've already scanned everything with malwarebytes...
  4. My USB stick was infected and I accidentally clicked on the only file visible on it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My USB stick was infected and I accidentally clicked on the only file visible on it: The file is a shortcut with following path: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /c start rundll32 \cbfecbfecbfcbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfbcb.cbfecbfecbfcbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfecbfbcb,GEcyVrPlIeCYvJazI've already scanned everything with malwarebytes...
  5. right clicking to eject usb stick safely only opens up file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right clicking to eject usb stick safely only opens up file explorer: Hi all, When I right click to eject usb stick safely it doesn't allow me to remove the flash drive but it opens up file explorer for the USB stick. I can still eject it by opening up "This PC" and ejecting that way but it's too may clicks. Is there a fix for this? Do I still...
  6. I cant take a file on my USB-Stick off of "read only" and can't delete it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant take a file on my USB-Stick off of "read only" and can't delete it: PLease help, I cant delete a file off my stik because it alwas switches back to read only submitted by /u/-S-L-A-T-T- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k1jdvf/i_cant_take_a_file_on_my_usbstick_off_of_read/
  7. Can Ransomware infect an ejected USB stick?

Can Ransomware infect an ejected USB stick?: Can Ransomware infect a not physically removed but windows software ejected USB stick? The reason being that i wish a second line of backup other than just one drive on a remote work computer, where it is not possible to do a physical daily backup - however i could insert...
  8. USB stick infected?

USB stick infected?: Hello ten community, When i connected my USB stick on PC ( windows LTSC v.1809) got such weird folders. please see attached screenshot. I had it formatted before and nowhere connected till today. whats that? p.s. is any solutions to avoid PC infections from USB? when i...
  9. Transfer files to USB stick

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer files to USB stick: I am trying to copy a file from my computer to a flash drive usb stick to transfer the file to my laptop. My computer is using windows 10, nothing happens when I put the usb stick in the computer. I don't have a clue how to do this. Any help would be welcome....
  10. My files in USB stick got corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My files in USB stick got corrupted: While browsing files on my USB stick (where I worked all my projects off here), I noticed that some files were corrupted, like the ones made from March 1, 2019 to March 15, 2019. The reason is likely because I didn't safely eject the USB stick. I moved the files that are...