Windows 10: My USB is not appearing in Files Explorer

Discus and support My USB is not appearing in Files Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a USB that used to work perfectly until a few days ago. When I plug in the USB the notification sound bings, the USB is displayed in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Apocalypse10110, Aug 17, 2024.

1. My USB is not appearing in Files Explorer

Hello, I have a USB that used to work perfectly until a few days ago. When I plug in the USB the notification sound bings, the USB is displayed in the device manager, disk manager, and the boot menu. However, the USB manages to evade the File Explorer. I have wiped the USB however that has accomplished nothing. Thank you in advance!

:)

Apocalypse10110, Aug 17, 2024

2. USB not appearing in File Explorer

Hi Nidhi,

Thank you for updating us. Let me help you.

• Have you checked with any other USB device? What is the status?

If the issue persisting in only one USB device, I suggest you to contact with the manufacturer customer support and check if it helps.

Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 17, 2024
  3. USB not appearing in File Explorer

Hi Nidhi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

Please share the following details.

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Have you installed any new software or hardware prior to the issue?

• Have you tried connecting a different USB device? What is the status?

• Have you checked the device in a different system? What is the status?

I would suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + "W" key on your keyboard.

• Type Troubleshooting and click Troubleshooting under Settings.

• Now type Hardware Troubleshooter in the search option.

• Click on Hardware troubleshooter to run the troubleshooter.
    Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, follow the below method.

Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall USB controllers and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + R keys, type devmgmt.msc
    in run window and press Enter.

b. In device manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

c. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click
    uninstall.

d. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.

All USB controllers will reinstall automatically.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

4. My USB is not appearing in Files Explorer

USB not appearing in File Explorer

Hi,

Thank you for updating us. Let me help you.

• Is your USB devices appearing in file manager?

Be aware that the drivers will be updated automatically after you restart your computer.

If you are still facing the same issue, please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thema:

My USB is not appearing in Files Explorer

1. My USB is not appearing in Files Explorer - Similar Threads - USB appearing Files

2. My USB is not appearing in Files Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB is not appearing in Files Explorer: Hello, I have a USB that used to work perfectly until a few days ago. When I plug in the USB the notification sound bings, the USB is displayed in the device manager, disk manager, and the boot menu. However, the USB manages to evade the File Explorer. I have wiped the USB...
  3. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  4. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in File Explorer will not appear: I have windows 10 on my laptop. Recently, I have been trying to view, move and copy my files in File Explorer. Most of these files are on a USB flash drive, but sometimes when I try to view them, nothing appears in the folder. At the same time, in the path bar at the top of...
  5. Files in File Explorer will not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. When I put in a USB, a bunch of different USB drives appear in File Explorer

When I put in a USB, a bunch of different USB drives appear in File Explorer: I have a USB drive that I used to put ChromeOS install files on, but have since deleted those files. After attempting to and mostly successfully fix there being 64MB on it and 15GB unallocated, I tried to delete a few separated partitions to just have one partition....
  7. When I put in a USB, a bunch of different USB drives appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I put in a USB, a bunch of different USB drives appear in File Explorer: I have a USB drive that I used to put ChromeOS install files on, but have since deleted those files. After attempting to and mostly successfully fix there being 64MB on it and 15GB unallocated, I tried to delete a few separated partitions to just have one partition....
  8. When I put in a USB, a bunch of different USB drives appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Randome files keep appearing on my files explorer

Randome files keep appearing on my files explorer: even after i deleted it it pops out again after i restart it.even after i deleted it it pops out again after i restart it.i saw a post that has the same problem but different file name etc and after he use malwarebytes its detected and its fixed. but when i tried it it did'nt...
  10. File Explorer slow to appear

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow to appear: i'm running build 17763.437 but i believe this problem i've seen in earlier builds too. sometimes File Explorer appears not to open when i click on the app's icon that i have pinned to the start pg. but it does open if i then just click on the start button in the bottom left...