Windows 10: My touchpad and mouse dont work, they have a mind of their own!

Discus and support My touchpad and mouse dont work, they have a mind of their own! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just suddenly my touchpad stopped working and had a mind of its own. It constantly moves by itself, opens all my apps, closes my stuff i already have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ApexSurvivor, Jul 19, 2023.

1. My touchpad and mouse dont work, they have a mind of their own!

Just suddenly my touchpad stopped working and had a mind of its own. It constantly moves by itself, opens all my apps, closes my stuff i already have open etc. I plugged in my mouse to see if it fixed it with touchpad disableded in settings It worked, only for a short time, now my mouse doesnt work at all, and also has a mind of its own, ive tried all the steps online, different usb ports, hardware, device updates, driver updates etc. On another computer my mouse works fine, and another mouse on this computer doesnt, it seems like a virus, but i dont know. I cant even click on anhthing to co

:)

ApexSurvivor, Jul 19, 2023
  2. cauyao615 Win User

Mouse and touchpad not working

Hey did exactly what you suggested and the first time i did it the mouse cursor became visible, it was at the center of the screen but i still couldnt make it move with the touchpad and i plugged in my usb mouse and that doesnt work too. I did it a few moret times but cursor never showed up again and still could make either the touchpad or the mouse to work. Do you have anymore suggestion?

cauyao615, Jul 19, 2023
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jul 19, 2023
  4. learko Win User

My touchpad and mouse dont work, they have a mind of their own!

Mouse/touchpad click doesn't work

@Lance1: I have tried the driver you suggested but unfortunately it does not seem to have had any effect (I still dont get a Dell Touchpad option) after I installed it and restarted my laptop. Is there anything else I should have done?

@Bastet: I do have a touchpad option, and when I go to Additional settings at the bottom I get the same Mouse properties window

Am thinking about backing up my files and simply resetting the laptop. What do you think?

learko, Jul 19, 2023
Thema:

My touchpad and mouse dont work, they have a mind of their own!

1. My touchpad and mouse dont work, they have a mind of their own! - Similar Threads - touchpad mouse dont

2. my mouse clicks/touchpad dont work properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my mouse clicks/touchpad dont work properly: Hi there,Starting form the scratch, I have an HP laptop and its been almost 3 years using it.One day I accidentally spilled a little water on the touchpad of my laptop. I removed the water with tissue paper but after some time the right click button of touchpad was not...
  3. my mouse clicks/touchpad dont work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mouse clicks/touchpad dont work properly: Hi there,Starting form the scratch, I have an HP laptop and its been almost 3 years using it.One day I accidentally spilled a little water on the touchpad of my laptop. I removed the water with tissue paper but after some time the right click button of touchpad was not...
  4. my mouse clicks/touchpad dont work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My touchpad and mouse dont work, they have a mind of their own!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My touchpad and mouse dont work, they have a mind of their own!: Just suddenly my touchpad stopped working and had a mind of its own. It constantly moves by itself, opens all my apps, closes my stuff i already have open etc. I plugged in my mouse to see if it fixed it with touchpad disableded in settings It worked, only for a short time,...
  6. Mouse has a mind of its own!

Mouse has a mind of its own!: I use a Logitech wireless mouse. Ever since the latest Windows 10 upgrade my mouse moves at random times - frequently - and clicks on its own. Most commonly, it moves to the lowest right corner and brings up the calendar, but it moves and does other things on its own, too....
  7. HP Mouse having mind of its own

HP Mouse having mind of its own: Howdy, I am using a HP Touchscreen 23.8" Full HD All-in-One Desktop 24-f0137c, utlilizing a wired HP keyboard and wired HP mouse. I run Windows 10 Home fully updated and according to my security programs spyware and virus free. A few weeks ago out of the blue my HP mouse...
  8. Touchpad Has a Mind of Its Own

Touchpad Has a Mind of Its Own: I have finally grown beyond weary of having to disable the touchpad on my laptop every boot up. *Mad I am posting here as I am just assuming the issue is Windows 10 and not the laptop. This is my 3rd laptop... so I'm not totally new to them, and is why I've become frustrated...
  9. Touchpad Has a Mind of Its Own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Touchpad Has a Mind of Its Own: I have finally grown beyond weary of having to disable the touchpad on my laptop every boot up. *Mad I am posting here as I am just assuming the issue is Windows 10 and not the laptop. This is my 3rd laptop... so I'm not totally new to them, and is why I've become frustrated...
  10. mouse has mind of its own

mouse has mind of its own: Sometimes my mouse opens links when it moves over links as if i doubleclicked them on purpose. when I did not. There is no rhyme or reason when, how, or why.. Sometimes it will open every link and sometimes it wont. How do i fix this? I have tried different mice, touch...