Windows 10: My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...

Discus and support My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Tried to go into settings to use multiple screens and also check for windows updates but when you click/double click on my window setting button will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ian CameronMcIntosh, Nov 3, 2023.

1. My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...

Tried to go into settings to use multiple screens and also check for windows updates but when you click/double click on my window setting button will not open settings, it briefly appears on screen with the cog but then shuts down?

:)

Ian CameronMcIntosh, Nov 3, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 3, 2023
  3. BigMack70 Win User
    Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Nov 3, 2023
  4. Scrizz Win User

My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Nov 3, 2023
Thema:

My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...

1. My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open... - Similar Threads - Toshiba laptop running

2. My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...: Tried to go into settings to use multiple screens and also check for windows updates but when you click/double click on my window setting button will not open settings, it briefly appears on screen with the cog but then shuts down?...
  3. My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Toshiba laptop is running Windows 10 but my window setting button will not open...: Tring to go into settings to use multiple screens and also check for windows updates but when you click/double click on my window setting button will not open settings, it briefly appears on screen with the cog but then shuts down?...
  4. My toshiba laptop is not opening with windows key

in Windows 10 Customization
    My toshiba laptop is not opening with windows key: I was trying to put my wireless computer on my laptop and it requested a driver. I hit upload and now all I am getting is the Screen Saver then when I click on it I get the welcome password page and it won't accept my password. Then it will not let me get to my web browser...
  5. Windows 10 giving problems on my Toshiba laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 giving problems on my Toshiba laptop.: Rebooting and coming up with stopcode WHEA uncorrectable error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-giving-problems-on-my-toshiba-laptop/857d8f6d-9376-498e-bf13-0fe94e63551f
  6. Windows 10 will not boot on my Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not boot on my Toshiba laptop: Hi, hope someone can help me! I left my laptop on overnight about a week ago and when I tried to use it in the morning it was frozen on a black screen. When I rebooted it, it tried to run automatic repair and has been in a loop ever since. I can get to a command prompt and...
  7. Windows 10 fails to update on my Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fails to update on my Toshiba laptop: First about the device: It's a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5209 laptop from 2012. It came preloaded with Win7 Home Premium, I upgraded to Win10 Home in free upgrade program. It's battery can't charge, I'm using it only pluged-in. It appeares to have some software Wi-Fi issues...
  8. My Toshiba laptop with windows 10 "no bootable device"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Toshiba laptop with windows 10 "no bootable device": my laptop will not com on but it is giving me "no bootable device". Also my setup utility setting has enabling buttons but no automatic reset up. And it is sending a message regarding Realtek....
  9. Fan Not Running on Toshiba Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan Not Running on Toshiba Laptop: Hi I have a Toshiba A300 Satelitte laptop. When I start this the fan runs for about 5 seconds and then stops. Subsequently it won't start again and the laptop gets very hot but doesn't shut down. So hot in fact it is not able to be handled. I am worried about a fire. Core...
  10. Toshiba will build a Cortana button into its Windows 10 laptops

in Windows 10 News
    Toshiba will build a Cortana button into its Windows 10 laptops: Cortana will be one of the major features to come to Windows 10, and at least one PC vendor plans to treat her especially well. Toshiba's Windows 10 laptops will feature a dedicated Cortana button, for launching Microsoft's digital assistant from your keyboard. The Cortana...