Windows 10: My terminal cmd, shell, SQL shell,... is not working properly and it drives me crazy

Discus and support My terminal cmd, shell, SQL shell,... is not working properly and it drives me crazy in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I started to encounter a some problems with my terminal, which render using it impossible. I will show an example.I opened terminal and typed "help"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Michal Chovanec, Jul 5, 2024 at 1:07 AM.

1. My terminal cmd, shell, SQL shell,... is not working properly and it drives me crazy

Hi,I started to encounter a some problems with my terminal, which render using it impossible. I will show an example.I opened terminal and typed "help" and I get this result can't upload screenshot as its failing to upload, I marked the text cursor position myself additionally with ...C:\Users\mchov>help For more information on a specific command, type HELP comman e in the online help. WMIC Displ For more information C:\Users\mchov>When I continue to type, text is being over written and text cursor jumps on different lines, backwards and forwards. For exa

:)

Michal Chovanec, Jul 5, 2024 at 1:07 AM

2. Shell (terminal) options

Hello. I just want to understand a precise distinction between 3 shell systems:

1) CommandPrompt,

2) Power Shell,

3) Windows Terminal

Could you please explain it to me, and what is functional purpose of each shell system.

And in addition could you advice which one is the most appropriate to use to run commands for Intergated Developing Environment (for programming)?

Ruslan Kazmiryk, Jul 5, 2024 at 1:09 AM
  3. Shell (terminal) options

Hello. I don't know why the robots reply respond if the robots do not know the answer. Yes I apologize for the robot generic answers pointing to another website.

The Proper answer is:

CommandPrompt = is shell.

conhost = CommandPrompt with scroll back

Power Shell = loop back to CommandPrompt

Windows Terminal = CommandPrompt/Powershell GUI loopback

Thank you

From me a Human

Cattery_Developer_Brian, Jul 5, 2024 at 1:09 AM
  4. My terminal cmd, shell, SQL shell,... is not working properly and it drives me crazy

list of admin power shell cmds

Where do I get a list of admin power shell cmds w/explanation to check different problems with my pc win 10 64

Thema:

My terminal cmd, shell, SQL shell,... is not working properly and it drives me crazy

1. My terminal cmd, shell, SQL shell,... is not working properly and it drives me crazy - Similar Threads - terminal cmd shell

2. My terminal cmd, shell, SQL shell,... is not working properly and it drives me crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My terminal cmd, shell, SQL shell,... is not working properly and it drives me crazy: Hi,I started to encounter a some problems with my terminal, which render using it impossible. I will show an example.I opened terminal and typed "help" and I get this result can't upload screenshot as its failing to upload, I marked the text cursor position myself...
  3. Stuck terminating Power shell threads

Stuck terminating Power shell threads: Hi, we have a Windows 2016 Server that is not happy at all, over a few days the CPU usage gets higher and higher to the point where it needs a reboot to fix the issue. the issue seems to be a set of PowerShell threads that are started by the system that are stuck in a...
  4. the essence of shells and terminals in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the essence of shells and terminals in Windows: I want to ask about some terminology related to shells/terminals in Windows.1 «conhost = CommandPrompt with scroll back» - what is «conhost» and what does it mean «shell with scroll back»?2 «Power Shell is loop back to CommandPrompt» - what does it mean?3 what does it mean «...
  5. the essence of shells and terminals in Windows

the essence of shells and terminals in Windows: I want to ask about some terminology related to shells/terminals in Windows.1 «conhost = CommandPrompt with scroll back» - what is «conhost» and what does it mean «shell with scroll back»?2 «Power Shell is loop back to CommandPrompt» - what does it mean?3 what does it mean «...
  6. the essence of shells and terminals in Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Shell terminal options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shell terminal options: Hello. I just want to understand a precise distinction between 3 shell systems:1 CommandPrompt,2 Power Shell,3 Windows TerminalCould you please explain it to me, and what is functional purpose of each shell system.And in addition could you advice which one is the most...
  8. Shell terminal options

Shell terminal options: Hello. I just want to understand a precise distinction between 3 shell systems:1 CommandPrompt,2 Power Shell,3 Windows TerminalCould you please explain it to me, and what is functional purpose of each shell system.And in addition could you advice which one is the most...
  9. Shell terminal options

10. CMD and Windows Power shell

CMD and Windows Power shell: In Command Prompt or Windows Power shell the prompt appears as PS C:\Users\Kalyan Borah> instead of C:\Windows\system32. How can this be corrected? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-and-windows-power-shell/7b3cc985-75dd-4d79-80c0-4c5048d43675