Windows 10: my taskbar went blank how can i fix this

Discus and support my taskbar went blank how can i fix this in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my taskbar went blank after updates how can i fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnCraigen, Jul 15, 2022.

1. my taskbar went blank how can i fix this

my taskbar went blank after updates how can i fix this

:)

JohnCraigen, Jul 15, 2022
  2. jackin Win User

How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

How to fix taskbar showing generic blank icons on Windows 7 professional?

my taskbar went blank how can i fix this 67d2b65a-a526-42eb-baec-6b5480451d19?upload=true.jpg

These icons correspond to Windows Explorer, IE and Office 365 programs.

Steps i took to resolve issue, but did not help are:

1. In order to fix generic blank icon issue on taskbar i killed explorer.exe and restarted it but this did not resolve issue.
    2. Ran quick repair on Office 365 & restarted Windows.

jackin, Jul 15, 2022
  3. Blank icons in taskbar on Windows 2016

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Confirm the said application you're using so we could fully understand the cause of the issue.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest restarting the Explorer.exe on the Task Manager. This may help resolve the issue with blank icons on the Taskbar. Refer to the steps below:

1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del, then select Task Manager.

2. On the Task Manager window, click on More Details at the bottom left if it doesn't shows the
    Processes tab.

3. Scroll down the list of the Windows processes and locate Windows Explorer and right-click on it and select
    Restart.

Note: The desktop icons and the Taskbar will refresh and will be gone for a moment after this process. It should reappear automatically.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 15, 2022
  4. my taskbar went blank how can i fix this

Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 15, 2022
Thema:

my taskbar went blank how can i fix this

1. my taskbar went blank how can i fix this - Similar Threads - taskbar went blank

2. My computer went black. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer went black. How can I fix this?: I was having a great time when suddenly my computer which is a Lenovo T450s Windows 10 pro turn full black that I can’t see anything except for my mouse which was loading, how can I fix this because I need for urgent purposes....
  3. My computer went black. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer went black. How can I fix this?: I was having a great time when suddenly my computer which is a Lenovo T450s Windows 10 pro turn full black that I can’t see anything except for my mouse which was loading, how can I fix this because I need for urgent purposes....
  4. My computer went black. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. how can i fix my blank white cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i fix my blank white cmd: my command prompt is not opening and is showing white i do not know how t o fix thisi have tried to research a little bit about this and i can't find anything...
  6. how can i fix my blank white cmd

how can i fix my blank white cmd: my command prompt is not opening and is showing white i do not know how t o fix thisi have tried to research a little bit about this and i can't find anything...
  7. how can i fix my blank white cmd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. my taskbar went blank how can i fix this

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my taskbar went blank how can i fix this: my taskbar went blank after updates how can i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-went-blank-how-can-i-fix-this/d6f106b2-b025-496a-b28e-dd317d818863
  9. Windows 11 taskbar went blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar went blank: Restarted the Computer, Dell Inspiron 5500 series with Windows 11. The taskbar went blank. Even the Windows Start button is missing.Also the Windows button on the keyboard doesn't seem to work. When I try to run explorer the search doesn't work.From task manager cntrl+alt+del...
  10. Windows 11 taskbar went blank

Windows 11 taskbar went blank: Restarted the Computer, Dell Inspiron 5500 series with Windows 11. The taskbar went blank. Even the Windows Start button is missing.Also the Windows button on the keyboard doesn't seem to work. When I try to run explorer the search doesn't work.From task manager cntrl+alt+del...