Windows 10: My taskbar has no icons except for search and start button

Discus and support My taskbar has no icons except for search and start button in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was playing roblox in my laptop. when I needed to go somewhere, I put the laptop on sleep mode. The next time I came back, the taskbar had no icons,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ezekiel Ryan, Sep 20, 2024 at 7:52 PM.

1. My taskbar has no icons except for search and start button

I was playing roblox in my laptop. when I needed to go somewhere, I put the laptop on sleep mode. The next time I came back, the taskbar had no icons, the only icons shown are the start and search button. I tried to fix it by restarting explorer.exe and nothing worked. but after a few days, the bug was resolved.

:)

Ezekiel Ryan, Sep 20, 2024 at 7:52 PM
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

3. Search on Taskbar covers up icons

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Please be informed that there is no way to shift the icons on the taskbar to right. It is per the system design. As you do not want to use the search icon, perform the below steps as a work around and check if it helps.

• Right click on the empty area on the taskbar, click on
      Properties.

• Click on Taskbar tab, check the box
      Use small taskbar buttons.

• Select Always combine, hide labels from the
      Taskbar buttons: drop down menu.

• Click on Apply button and click on
      OK button.
    This will help you to certain extent as the search bar will not cover the all icons on the taskbar.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 20, 2024 at 7:53 PM
  4. My taskbar has no icons except for search and start button

Start button & right clicking on taskbar icons suddenly does not work

Hi! I'm having this same issue and I haven't found a solution. Still, would you care to try a few other things? They don't work for me, so I'm just curious if they work for you:

• Left-click on the date and time in your task bar. Does this open the calendar?
    • Right-click on the icon in the tray (normally next to date and time) that looks like a square conversation baloon. It should open a menu "Open action center" and "Turn on quiet hours". Click on "Open action center". Does the action center open?
    • On your keyboard press the [WinButton]+I (hopefully you have the windows button). Click "Personalization" on the screen that opens up. On the left menu click "Start", then click "Use Start full screen" once. Select another option on the left menu (no matter which), then go back to "Start". Did the system remember the change you made to "Use Start full screen"? (Toggling this is often offered as a fix to these issues, so if your system remembers the change, restart your computer, then try to use the start menu. You can always switch back to the way you prefer your start menu by repeating the steps here.)
    • Right-click on any empty spot on your taskbar, then open "Search" submenu in the menu that pops up. Click "Show search icon". Does the search icon appear/disappear from your taskbar?
    • Click on the search icon when (and if) it's in the taskbar (see previous point). Does anything happen?

By the way, when you right-click on your start menu button, the menu that opens was always there, you just probably never used it. (I too found out about it only when I started having these troubles.)

Thema:

My taskbar has no icons except for search and start button

1. My taskbar has no icons except for search and start button - Similar Threads - taskbar has icons

2. My taskbar has no icons except for search and start button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar has no icons except for search and start button: I was playing roblox in my laptop. when I needed to go somewhere, I put the laptop on sleep mode. The next time I came back, the taskbar had no icons, the only icons shown are the start and search button. I tried to fix it by restarting explorer.exe and nothing worked. but...
  3. Start button not working & taskbar icons missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button not working & taskbar icons missing: So, my laptop Acer Aspire ES15 Windows 10, was working as normal on Tuesday morning.I clicked on switch user, while I went out for the day.On my return later that evening, I went to sign back in to my user account, but then found none of my tabs would load, as it was offline,...
  4. Start button not working & taskbar icons missing

Start button not working & taskbar icons missing: So, my laptop Acer Aspire ES15 Windows 10, was working as normal on Tuesday morning.I clicked on switch user, while I went out for the day.On my return later that evening, I went to sign back in to my user account, but then found none of my tabs would load, as it was offline,...
  5. Start button not working & taskbar icons missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  7. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  8. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

9. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.: My PC start and search button of the taskbar is not functioning. Whenever I clicked on start and search button, nothing happens, there is no start menu and no search dialogue box on clicking those buttons. However, when I hover on the start and search buttons, they display...
  10. Windows 10 windows button,search and audio icon on taskbar wont start

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 windows button,search and audio icon on taskbar wont start: So i recently installed windows 10 and everything was good in the beggining but suddenly the windows button,search and audio on the taskbar just wont start. I press them and nothing happens. The only way for me to turn of my laptop is to ctrl alt delete and turn off from...