Windows 10: My Surface go 2 is slowing down

Discus and support My Surface go 2 is slowing down in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a surface go 2 and windows is extremely slow on it. I use this thing to do work. I use the office suite of apps and Google chrome and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Oni Chan1, May 3, 2024.

1. Oni Chan1 Win User

My Surface go 2 is slowing down

Hello, I bought a surface go 2 and windows is extremely slow on it. I use this thing to do work. I use the office suite of apps and Google chrome and firefox. I know they aren't very lightweight web browsers so if you have recommendations I will take them Except edge. I will never use that horrible browser. I have heard about linux and I am seriously considering it but it looks like it will take a bit of work to get it running on a Surface. If you are able to help me speed my device that would be very helpful

:)

Oni Chan1, May 3, 2024

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, May 3, 2024
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, My Surface go 2 is slowing down :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, May 3, 2024
  4. Tommy Win User

Type Cover 2 not working with WIndows 10 (Release)

So, after suggesting checking for firmware updates, it does appear there was a firmware release July 23, 2015 that resolves this issue. The step-by-step directions as well as the firmware release history for the Surface Pro 2 can be found here.

Tommy, May 3, 2024
Thema:

1. My Surface go 2 is slowing down - Similar Threads - Surface slowing down

2. My Surface go 2 is slowing down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Surface go 2 is slowing down: Hello, I bought a surface go 2 and windows is extremely slow on it. I use this thing to do work. I use the office suite of apps and Google chrome and firefox. I know they aren't very lightweight web browsers so if you have recommendations I will take them Except edge. I will...
  3. Computer slowing down for 2 seconds then going back to normal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer slowing down for 2 seconds then going back to normal.: Hi,My PC is slowing down for 2 seconds then going back to normal.If I am watching Youtube, the video will slow down. If I'm moving the mouse, it will slowdown. If I'm playing a game, it will slow down.Does anyone know what this could be? Windows, Motherboard, GPU, CPU?What's...
  4. Computer slowing down for 2 seconds then going back to normal.

Computer slowing down for 2 seconds then going back to normal.: Hi,My PC is slowing down for 2 seconds then going back to normal.If I am watching Youtube, the video will slow down. If I'm moving the mouse, it will slowdown. If I'm playing a game, it will slow down.Does anyone know what this could be? Windows, Motherboard, GPU, CPU?What's...
  5. Surface Go 2 Windows Installation

Surface Go 2 Windows Installation: I have done a reset on my Surface Go 2 but the windows update is stuck at 64%. It keeps re starting at this point. Any help will be appreciated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-go-2-windows-installation/be4be299-fd06-4a1c-addb-4553a9e52c4e
  6. Surface Go 2 Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Go 2 Windows Installation: I have done a reset on my Surface Go 2 but the windows update is stuck at 64%. It keeps re starting at this point. Any help will be appreciated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-go-2-windows-installation/be4be299-fd06-4a1c-addb-4553a9e52c4e
  7. Microsoft Surface Go 2 - Microsoft Surface Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface Go 2 - Microsoft Surface Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard...: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Go 2 back in July. Everything was working great until I noticed that the Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard I purchased with it would randomly start disconnecting. This would usually be after leaving my desk for a few minutes. I have...
  8. Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Go 2: Hi I'm hoping someone can help. I have a surface go 2 which is about a week old and i notice that when i charge from below 20% using a surface laptop charger it will only charge upto 30% normally when i leave it overnight. I've run the diagnostics tool and everything...
  9. Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds: Available for preorder today, new Surface devices and accessories are designed to help you work, learn, connect and play from anywhere [ATTACH] The way we work, connect and learn continues to change right in front of us. Our devices have become our window to the world...
  10. Surface GO with WLAN 2 and bluetooth 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface GO with WLAN 2 and bluetooth 2: I've just recovered My Surface GO via recovery option in settings window. Now my WLAN connection in Network Adapter window appears to be WLAN 2. I tried to rename it to WLAN but the same name already existed. I don't see any connection named WLAN displayed there. The...