Windows 10: My Surface go 2 is slowing down

Discus and support My Surface go 2 is slowing down in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I bought a surface go 2 and windows is extremely slow on it. I use this thing to do work. I use the office suite of apps and Google chrome and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Oni Chan1, May 3, 2024.

1. Oni Chan1 Win User

My Surface go 2 is slowing down

Hello, I bought a surface go 2 and windows is extremely slow on it. I use this thing to do work. I use the office suite of apps and Google chrome and firefox. I know they aren't very lightweight web browsers so if you have recommendations I will take them Except edge. I will never use that horrible browser. I have heard about linux and I am seriously considering it but it looks like it will take a bit of work to get it running on a Surface. If you are able to help me speed my device that would be very helpful

:)

Oni Chan1, May 3, 2024

2. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, May 3, 2024
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, My Surface go 2 is slowing down :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, May 3, 2024
  4. Tommy Win User

Type Cover 2 not working with WIndows 10 (Release)

So, after suggesting checking for firmware updates, it does appear there was a firmware release July 23, 2015 that resolves this issue. The step-by-step directions as well as the firmware release history for the Surface Pro 2 can be found here.

Tommy, May 3, 2024
Thema:

1. My Surface go 2 is slowing down - Similar Threads - Surface slowing down

2. My Surface go 2 is slowing down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Surface go 2 is slowing down: Hello, I bought a surface go 2 and windows is extremely slow on it. I use this thing to do work. I use the office suite of apps and Google chrome and firefox. I know they aren't very lightweight web browsers so if you have recommendations I will take them Except edge. I will...
  3. Computer slowing down for 2 seconds then going back to normal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer slowing down for 2 seconds then going back to normal.: Hi,My PC is slowing down for 2 seconds then going back to normal.If I am watching Youtube, the video will slow down. If I'm moving the mouse, it will slowdown. If I'm playing a game, it will slow down.Does anyone know what this could be? Windows, Motherboard, GPU, CPU?What's...
  4. Computer slowing down for 2 seconds then going back to normal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer slowing down for 2 seconds then going back to normal.: Hi,My PC is slowing down for 2 seconds then going back to normal.If I am watching Youtube, the video will slow down. If I'm moving the mouse, it will slowdown. If I'm playing a game, it will slow down.Does anyone know what this could be? Windows, Motherboard, GPU, CPU?What's...
  5. Surface Go 2 Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Go 2 Windows Installation: I have done a reset on my Surface Go 2 but the windows update is stuck at 64%. It keeps re starting at this point. Any help will be appreciated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-go-2-windows-installation/be4be299-fd06-4a1c-addb-4553a9e52c4e
  6. Surface Go 2 Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Go 2 Windows Installation: I have done a reset on my Surface Go 2 but the windows update is stuck at 64%. It keeps re starting at this point. Any help will be appreciated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-go-2-windows-installation/be4be299-fd06-4a1c-addb-4553a9e52c4e
  7. Microsoft Surface Go 2 - Microsoft Surface Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Surface Go 2 - Microsoft Surface Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard...: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Go 2 back in July. Everything was working great until I noticed that the Modern Mouse and Surface Go Keyboard I purchased with it would randomly start disconnecting. This would usually be after leaving my desk for a few minutes. I have...
  8. Surface Go 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Go 2: Hi I'm hoping someone can help. I have a surface go 2 which is about a week old and i notice that when i charge from below 20% using a surface laptop charger it will only charge upto 30% normally when i leave it overnight. I've run the diagnostics tool and everything...
  9. Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds: Available for preorder today, new Surface devices and accessories are designed to help you work, learn, connect and play from anywhere [ATTACH] The way we work, connect and learn continues to change right in front of us. Our devices have become our window to the world...
  10. Surface GO with WLAN 2 and bluetooth 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface GO with WLAN 2 and bluetooth 2: I've just recovered My Surface GO via recovery option in settings window. Now my WLAN connection in Network Adapter window appears to be WLAN 2. I tried to rename it to WLAN but the same name already existed. I don't see any connection named WLAN displayed there. The...