Windows 10: My son just got a desktop for gaming. I put in my microsoft info and now my desktop from my...

Discus and support My son just got a desktop for gaming. I put in my microsoft info and now my desktop from my... in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son got a pc for Christmas and I was putting my info in because he is attached to my email for his Xbox and PlayStation. So when I went to put my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Shelley Bellas, Dec 24, 2023.

1. My son just got a desktop for gaming. I put in my microsoft info and now my desktop from my...

My son got a pc for Christmas and I was putting my info in because he is attached to my email for his Xbox and PlayStation. So when I went to put my microsoft stuff it not is having me be the main person to the computer and whatever I have on my laptop is now on his computer. I don't want my stuff taking his space and my stuff on his computer. How do I delete all of this and start over?

:)

Shelley Bellas, Dec 24, 2023

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 24, 2023
  3. Can i use Remote Desktop on Windows 11 Pro to log in remotely to use the computer while my son plays games on it locally

Hi, I am trying to understand if I can log via Remote Desktop in to my son's powerful gaming desktop with Windows 11 Pro while he plays games on it. I figured out how to enable Remote Desktop and logged in but it forces the local user to log out/lose control when i log in with Remote Desktop.

I just need to browse the web and do other non-intensive tasks. I found another thread dated February 13 that gives step by step instructions on how to enable this but it's not working for me and i don't understand the last step where it says to remove the windows password. Use Remote Desktop while also logged in. Windows 11 Pro - Microsoft Community Is this only supposed to work if the computer has no Windows password?

The problem is my son is not an administrator on the computer and i need two different users so i can log in as administrator and he can still log in as himself with Microsoft Family controls.

Can anyone help explain if what i am asking is possible and step by step instructions on how to do it?

Thank you!

Brandon C_149, Dec 24, 2023
  4. My son just got a desktop for gaming. I put in my microsoft info and now my desktop from my...

Desktop?

Can anyone come up with a list of parts or an already built desktop, that can handle java based games, after effects , stuff like that for under 300

A Sneaky Negro, Dec 24, 2023
Thema:

My son just got a desktop for gaming. I put in my microsoft info and now my desktop from my...

1. My son just got a desktop for gaming. I put in my microsoft info and now my desktop from my... - Similar Threads - son got desktop

2. My son just got a desktop for gaming. I put in my microsoft info and now my desktop from my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son just got a desktop for gaming. I put in my microsoft info and now my desktop from my...: My son got a pc for Christmas and I was putting my info in because he is attached to my email for his Xbox and PlayStation. So when I went to put my microsoft stuff it not is having me be the main person to the computer and whatever I have on my laptop is now on his computer....
  3. My son just got a desktop for gaming. I put in my microsoft info and now my desktop from my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My son just got a desktop for gaming. I put in my microsoft info and now my desktop from my...: My son got a pc for Christmas and I was putting my info in because he is attached to my email for his Xbox and PlayStation. So when I went to put my microsoft stuff it not is having me be the main person to the computer and whatever I have on my laptop is now on his computer....
  4. some of my games app dissapeared from my desktops ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some of my games app dissapeared from my desktops ?: i installed two games just cause 3 and Minecraft story mode , but now they are missing from my desktop but there game files are present. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-my-games-app-dissapeared-from-my-desktops/1d4335bd-5432-4fbb-99dc-24ab2ee6f59b
  5. some of my games app dissapeared from my desktops ?

some of my games app dissapeared from my desktops ?: i installed two games just cause 3 and Minecraft story mode , but now they are missing from my desktop but there game files are present. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-my-games-app-dissapeared-from-my-desktops/1d4335bd-5432-4fbb-99dc-24ab2ee6f59b
  6. i just got this on my desktop its not going please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i just got this on my desktop its not going please help: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-got-this-on-my-desktop-its-not-going-please/7271909b-71d9-448d-bb06-49c2ea20d6e6
  7. i just got this on my desktop its not going please help

i just got this on my desktop its not going please help: please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-got-this-on-my-desktop-its-not-going-please/7271909b-71d9-448d-bb06-49c2ea20d6e6
  8. i put my desktop folder on my users one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i put my desktop folder on my users one: so i was moving my files to do some work but then i accidentally moved my desktop file to the app data one, i tried to move the location to my user file but instead it went to the user file and now i can’t do nothing what should i do? i tried to put it in my user file and now...
  9. i put my desktop folder on my users one

i put my desktop folder on my users one: so i was moving my files to do some work but then i accidentally moved my desktop file to the app data one, i tried to move the location to my user file but instead it went to the user file and now i can’t do nothing what should i do? i tried to put it in my user file and now...
  10. I got a Blue screen and now can’t get to my desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I got a Blue screen and now can’t get to my desktop.: I recently downloaded the latest update for windows 10. Then the next day I got a blue screen and now am unable to get to my desktop. I’ve tried system restarting, system restoring, all of the advanced system settings too. It all says that the restart or restore was cancelled...