Windows 10: My shift keys control my computers volume.

Discus and support My shift keys control my computers volume. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a computer that I use for everything: editing, gaming, writing reports, and work. Today I noticed my left shift key lowers volume while my right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Frusterated Gent, Jun 13, 2024.

1. My shift keys control my computers volume.

I have a computer that I use for everything: editing, gaming, writing reports, and work. Today I noticed my left shift key lowers volume while my right shift key increases it for some reason. it started today and can't type without my volume slowly dropping. Very frusterating.I cannot do anything with such a nusiance like this and their does not seem to be any way to fix it.

:)

Frusterated Gent, Jun 13, 2024

2. volume control error

Hi Akash,

The issue with volume control could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated driver. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the 2 methods below:

Method 1: Run the Audio Troubleshooter on the system.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. We would suggest you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key+X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view as an option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter

Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Uninstall.
    • Install the latest audio driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know the result for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Jun 13, 2024
  3. KatJB Win User
    shift keys not working

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and then did the windows update and when I tried to do anything with the shift key neither one works. I read all the suggestions I could find in here and tried most of them with no luck. I ran the hardware
    and device troubleshooter, I went to the keyboard on control panel and it says it's working properly. I tried shift/control/alt keys all together. I downloaded and scanned with anti malware and I did the fn and del keys with no results. I would like an easy
    fix for this as I believe it is a windows 10 and or update for windows 10 issue. I am not real savvy on the computer so I need step by step instructions, please and thank you.

KatJB, Jun 13, 2024
  4. LTUGamer Win User

My shift keys control my computers volume.

Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, Jun 13, 2024
Thema:

My shift keys control my computers volume.

1. My shift keys control my computers volume. - Similar Threads - shift keys control

2. My shift keys control my computers volume.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My shift keys control my computers volume.: I have a computer that I use for everything: editing, gaming, writing reports, and work. Today I noticed my left shift key lowers volume while my right shift key increases it for some reason. it started today and can't type without my volume slowly dropping. Very...
  3. Shift key causing volume increase

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shift key causing volume increase: Am having problems with my left shift key. When pressed, it starts raising the volume and a picture of the volume bar appears. Have looked in the ease of access to see if any keys had been changed and in volume controls, but cannot find what is causing this....
  4. My volume keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My volume keys: [ATTACH] For some reason, I keep having this problem that whenever I press my volume keys it shows up as a box that will show me where words are on the page. Is there a way to get rid of it? I don't know how I put it on. ^^top right corner^^ submitted by /u/Psychu9999...
  5. volume control keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    volume control keys: HI Folks i recently put a new SSD in my Asus N55SF and put Winows 10 Home on it. i have done all the updates and running 1909. However there are some volume control keys on left of the keyboard and i cant get them to work. Has anyone else come across this and know how to...
  6. volume control keys

volume control keys: HI Folks i recently put a new SSD in my Asus N55SF and put Winows 10 Home on it. i have done all the updates and running 1909. However there are some volume control keys on left of the keyboard and i cant get them to work. Has anyone else come across this and know how to...
  7. my shift keys are not working

my shift keys are not working: I have a H p pavilion laptop and the shift keys are not working I have tried sticky keys and updating keyboard driver but still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shift-keys-are-not-working/c2f30f5a-42ed-4526-af9e-8e2a4b5224ae
  8. my shift keys on my laptop

my shift keys on my laptop: Both my shift keys are not working on my laptop. and I need them to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-shift-keys-on-my-laptop/e3cb5be6-96d6-4ee4-b589-8921da4d92a6
  9. Problem with my shift key

Problem with my shift key: Hey, I use a Lenovo Thinkpad E431plus the latest update of Windows 10 on it. I recently started having a problem with my shift key, it switches on and off on its own and most times it stays on even without me pressing the shift key. This prevents me from typing in my pin...
  10. my shift keys are not working

my shift keys are not working: my shift keys are not working so eg cannot use question mark and instead get _ . Just checked the key to the right of zero and if I press the shift key on that I get the interrogation mark. It seems that these two keys have swapped over and similarly if I press shift key...