Windows 10: My search doesnt work at all the one you can find in taskbar/through right click on windows...

Discus and support My search doesnt work at all the one you can find in taskbar/through right click on windows... in Cortana to solve the problem; So as stated in the question, my search doesnt workit doesnt open/ignores input. i have been looking at the tutorials how to fix it, but mostly didnt... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by forkv, Jun 4, 2024.

1. forkv Win User

My search doesnt work at all the one you can find in taskbar/through right click on windows...

So as stated in the question, my search doesnt workit doesnt open/ignores input. i have been looking at the tutorials how to fix it, but mostly didnt work at all. All that i have noticed - SearchApp.exe doesnt work by itself and even if i open it by myself, after 1-2 seconds it disappears from services.maybe this could be useful, but right before i have been trying to change the user's file name but it failed, so i gave up. Also while i have been rebooting pc, windows decided to download updates.

:)

forkv, Jun 4, 2024
  2. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Jun 4, 2024
  3. Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 4, 2024
  4. APG6 Win User

My search doesnt work at all the one you can find in taskbar/through right click on windows...

my taskbar search is working sporadically

My taskbar search bar is working some of the time. For example, if I type in "TaskMgr", it will list taskmgr, and when I click on it, it opens my Task Manager, as expected.

But if I type in a file name or an app, like WinMerge, it will list them properly in the Search list, but if I click on them, either nothing happens or it takes me to the root window of File Explorer, instead of to the file or the app.

I ran through all the steps on this page, to no avail: How to fix search problems in Windows 10

Any ideas?

APG6, Jun 4, 2024
Thema:

1. My search doesnt work at all the one you can find in taskbar/through right click on windows... - Similar Threads - search doesnt find

2. My search doesnt work at all the one you can find in taskbar/through right click on windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search doesnt work at all the one you can find in taskbar/through right click on windows...: So as stated in the question, my search doesnt workit doesnt open/ignores input. i have been looking at the tutorials how to fix it, but mostly didnt work at all. All that i have noticed - SearchApp.exe doesnt work by itself and even if i open it by myself, after 1-2 seconds...
  3. My search doesnt work at all the one you can find in taskbar/through right click on windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My search doesnt work at all the one you can find in taskbar/through right click on windows...: So as stated in the question, my search doesnt workit doesnt open/ignores input. i have been looking at the tutorials how to fix it, but mostly didnt work at all. All that i have noticed - SearchApp.exe doesnt work by itself and even if i open it by myself, after 1-2 seconds...
  4. Search will not work through the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search will not work through the taskbar: I can't search my domain account. I can search my personal account. Searching in the taskbar does nothing. If I open a folder and try to search, the search box won't accept any input. I've tried the troubleshooter and PowerShell fixes to no avail. Any ideas?...
  5. Search will not work through the taskbar

Search will not work through the taskbar: I can't search my domain account. I can search my personal account. Searching in the taskbar does nothing. If I open a folder and try to search, the search box won't accept any input. I've tried the troubleshooter and PowerShell fixes to no avail. Any ideas?...
  6. Search will not work through the taskbar

in Cortana
  7. right-click on taskbar not working

right-click on taskbar not working: Did a little googling but no joy. If I right-click on date or icons for the running programs nothing happens. When I right-click on an empty bit of taskbar it works fine. Thinking I need to do an in-place install but would rather not not totally sure if it's a good idea....
  8. right-click on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    right-click on taskbar not working: Did a little googling but no joy. If I right-click on date or icons for the running programs nothing happens. When I right-click on an empty bit of taskbar it works fine. Thinking I need to do an in-place install but would rather not not totally sure if it's a good idea....
  9. right-click on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Right click not working on taskbar and can't type in search on taskbar either

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click not working on taskbar and can't type in search on taskbar either: Hi there A few days ago, I noticed that I can no longer right click on any of the icons on my taskbar at the bottom of my screen. Normally, when I right click on things like Word or Excel, a list pops up of recently opened documents. All that happens now is that the blue...