Windows 10: My screen flickers one time after opening my computer or after restarting, I'm scared that...

Discus and support My screen flickers one time after opening my computer or after restarting, I'm scared that... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My screen flickers one time after opening my computer or after restarting, I'm scared that my computer is not okay or that have any issue, can anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sai Hirado, Sep 5, 2024.

1. My screen flickers one time after opening my computer or after restarting, I'm scared that...

My screen flickers one time after opening my computer or after restarting, I'm scared that my computer is not okay or that have any issue, can anyone help me please :<

:)

Sai Hirado, Sep 5, 2024
  2. SUI
    Sui Win User

Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

3. ss2020 Win User
    Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, Sep 5, 2024
  4. My screen flickers one time after opening my computer or after restarting, I'm scared that...

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Sep 5, 2024
Thema:

My screen flickers one time after opening my computer or after restarting, I'm scared that...

1. My screen flickers one time after opening my computer or after restarting, I'm scared that... - Similar Threads - screen flickers opening

2. My screen flickers one time after opening my computer or after restarting, I'm scared that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen flickers one time after opening my computer or after restarting, I'm scared that...: My screen flickers one time after opening my computer or after restarting, I'm scared that my computer is not okay or that have any issue, can anyone help me please :<...
  3. Black screen after I restart my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after I restart my computer: Title is self explanatory, when I restart my computer, either normally or via advanced startup, my computer enters a death loop with the monitor of disconnecting with it then reconnecting with the monitor. I have been trying to access BIOS but the splash screen no longer...
  4. Black screen after I restart my computer

Black screen after I restart my computer: Title is self explanatory, when I restart my computer, either normally or via advanced startup, my computer enters a death loop with the monitor of disconnecting with it then reconnecting with the monitor. I have been trying to access BIOS but the splash screen no longer...
  5. Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update: Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update. Sometimes it is blurry and sometimes it is black. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-screen-is-flickering-after-the-windows/70eb763f-c388-4175-b361-d017c3abc41c
  6. Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update

Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update: Computer screen is flickering after the Windows update. Sometimes it is blurry and sometimes it is black. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-screen-is-flickering-after-the-windows/70eb763f-c388-4175-b361-d017c3abc41c
  7. my screen flickers 2 times after i log in. windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my screen flickers 2 times after i log in. windows 10: ifter iny login the screen of my computer flickers 2 times it does not effect my use of the pc but it is realy annoying is there somthing i can do to prevent it from flickering thank you....
  8. my screen flickers 2 times after i log in. windows 10

my screen flickers 2 times after i log in. windows 10: ifter iny login the screen of my computer flickers 2 times it does not effect my use of the pc but it is realy annoying is there somthing i can do to prevent it from flickering thank you....
  9. my screen flickers 2 times after i log in. windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. My computer won’t restart after this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer won’t restart after this: So when I use my computer and I restart it, it just pop up this error and there is no way to escape this error [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-restart-after-this/8118de12-c064-45b8-8c77-f515faa154ab