Windows 10: My Realtek speakers randomly stopped working.

Discus and support My Realtek speakers randomly stopped working. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Troubleshoot sound problems in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Anne 2, Sep 20, 2024 at 8:02 PM.

1. Anne 2 Win User

My Realtek speakers randomly stopped working.

Troubleshoot sound problems in Windows

:)

2. External speakers stopped working

Two days ago the external speakers (cheap Altec Lansing speakers) on my Dell laptop just stopped working. At that time, they were appearing in the device list. But I couldn't get them to work. The built-in speakers in the laptop were working. That night I restarted the computer to install some Windows updates. After restarting, the external speakers still were not working. Internal speakers are still working. Now the externals don't show at all in the list. I connected these speakers to another computer and they work fine. I connected a flash drive to the USB port to which the external speakers were connected to test the port and it works. Unfortunately, I don't have anything handy to test the 3.5m headphone jack. (These are 2-connector speakers, a USB and a 3.5.) What to do from here? Everything I read says update the driver but these speakers don't use a driver. I'm afraid if I buy new speakers it will be the same problem. Why won't my computer recognize these speakers? I can get by with the built-ins but they are so tinny-sounding.

projecttoday, Sep 20, 2024 at 8:03 PM
  3. pepanee Win User
    Bose Speakers Stopped Working

Your latest post says "Audio". Is this what you're mentioning? If not, then try this: Is your Bose Speakers listed here?
    My Realtek speakers randomly stopped working. 388975d1681317592t-bose-speakers-stopped-working-image.png
    If so, select it, and try playing audio.

4. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Thema:

1. My Realtek speakers randomly stopped working. - Similar Threads - Realtek speakers randomly

2. My Realtek speakers randomly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Realtek speakers randomly stopped working.: Troubleshoot sound problems in Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-realtek-speakers-randomly-stopped-working/954d035e-3a13-42a3-afa9-76078b1001e2
  3. Realtek audio not working for my speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek audio not working for my speakers: My speakers do not play and when i trouble shoot Audio real tek it says that the drivers are found but it has encountered problems installing them. It also says the system cannot find the file displayed. I then downloaded a windows 10 realtek r audio driver but this has not...
  4. Realtek audio not working for my speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek audio not working for my speakers: My speakers do not play and when i trouble shoot Audio real tek it says that the drivers are found but it has encountered problems installing them. It also says the system cannot find the file displayed. I then downloaded a windows 10 realtek r audio driver but this has not...
  5. Realtek audio not working for my speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Realtek Audio Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Speakers not working: Hello. I am having an issue with my Realtek Audio Speakers. Basically, when I plug in my monitor built in speaker the computer recognizes that speaker and will play audio. But when I try to play audio out of my computer speakers the ones that came built in no audio plays....
  7. My speaker stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My speaker stopped working: i have an online class and my speaker stopped working after i tried to connect my earbuds. after disconnecting them it kept saying that my speaker wasnt connected or what not… now my bluetooth doesnt work either....
  8. My speakers stopped working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My speakers stopped working?: I have a new laptop windows 10 and my speakers just randomly stopped playing, I've tried troubleshooting, turning of advance audio thing. Reinstalling driver all the stuff that's recommended. I don't know what to do , earphones aren't working either so i think it's a driver...
  9. Speaker Audio stops working randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speaker Audio stops working randomly: Speaker Audio stops working randomly and I have to reboot it to fix it. I am constantly playing back audio files and streaming audio music from this computer. The computer can operate without any issues for a few days or even a couple of weeks before I have an issue. I...
  10. Realtek Audio stopped working randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio stopped working randomly: help! i was on my HP laptop and i paused a youtube video to do something and came back my sound not working at all. Every time I try and troubleshoot the audio it tells me there's a generic audio device that is not working. I have no idea what that means. I've googled and...