Windows 10: My PC's ethernet suddenly stopped working again even though it was perfectly fine after...

Discus and support My PC's ethernet suddenly stopped working again even though it was perfectly fine after... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I went to a technician. He said to try asking for help for the router because everything was fine when he connected to his network with ethernet. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mammadzade Matin, Sep 19, 2024 at 4:42 PM.

1. My PC's ethernet suddenly stopped working again even though it was perfectly fine after...

I went to a technician. He said to try asking for help for the router because everything was fine when he connected to his network with ethernet. When I returned home, my ethernet did not work. He said it was a router problem, so if you have a way to fix it, tell me. Also, he told me to observe and do everything. If it is not a router issue, then we will replace the ethernet adapter or the motherboard whole. Plus the ethernet is writing that ethernet is unplugged or it writes that it is an unidentified network so it is def a wifi problem I would appreciate it if you would help me out thx.it al

:)

Mammadzade Matin, Sep 19, 2024 at 4:42 PM

2. Ethernet Cable Suddenly Stops Working

Hi needing some help…

A couple of weeks ago my Ethernet cable stopped working suddenly. I checked ports and they are fine. I used another cable and it started working again. Now the new cable has stopped working suddenly like the other.

Any ideas what I can do to solve/stop this happening?

I do have a switcher which is receiving internet fine however when using the cable in the 4 ports on the switcher none of them work with that cable.

3. LAN Port stopped working suddenly

Hello everyone,

I came home yesterday to find that my PC in my specs had no Internet connection. I narrowed it down to be the PC itself and not any cables/modem/router etc. Now I went ahead and tried uninstalling and installing the LAN drivers again but it doesn't detect a LAN port.

At this point it gives me an error message and states that the Realtek Ethernet Controller could be in "Deep Sleep Mode". To connect the cable to get it going. However cable is connected and verified to work.

I've googled intensively and have tried many suggestions such as certain command prompts, registry edits, special permissions, and different methods of installing the drivers.

Is my LAN Port dead, or something else might be the issue? Please note we did have a power outage yesterday as my other PC had also restarted like the one with the problem did. The second PC is perfectly fine though. Any other suggestions and/or advice? Thanks in advance. *Toast :toast:

Chicken Patty, Sep 19, 2024 at 4:46 PM
  4. My PC's ethernet suddenly stopped working again even though it was perfectly fine after...

My ethernet connection suddenly stopped working. It was fine until yesterday.

I have a Windows 10 Home Edition laptop connected to a 2G / 5G router. I've never had a problem with the internet before. My ethernet connection suddenly stopped yesterday, so I checked the settings and found it said "unidentified network, no connection" on the ethernet page, instead of my network name as usual. The strange thing is that I found that Wifi still works, so the router itself is not down for some reason. Tried reconnecting the ethernet cable to the router, then to the computer, even restarting the computer, but nothing worked. It's as if the cable just didn't recognize itself as plugged in, even though it was working fine yesterday morning.

Your help would be appreciated.

RayBlackmon759, Sep 19, 2024 at 4:46 PM
Thema:

My PC's ethernet suddenly stopped working again even though it was perfectly fine after...

1. My PC's ethernet suddenly stopped working again even though it was perfectly fine after... - Similar Threads - PC's ethernet suddenly

2. My PC's ethernet suddenly stopped working again even though it was perfectly fine after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC's ethernet suddenly stopped working again even though it was perfectly fine after...: I went to a technician. He said to try asking for help for the router because everything was fine when he connected to his network with ethernet. When I returned home, my ethernet did not work. He said it was a router problem, so if you have a way to fix it, tell me. Also, he...
  3. My PC's ethernet suddenly stopped working again even though it was perfectly fine after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC's ethernet suddenly stopped working again even though it was perfectly fine after...: My pc is windows 11 proIt is trying to identify it infinitely and nothing happens i did everything again restored it, updated it checked the drivers and used cmd, services and registery howevery when i try to restart the dhcp client in the services it says erro 5 access...
  4. My PC's ethernet suddenly stopped working again even though it was perfectly fine after...

My PC's ethernet suddenly stopped working again even though it was perfectly fine after...: My pc is windows 11 proIt is trying to identify it infinitely and nothing happens i did everything again restored it, updated it checked the drivers and used cmd, services and registery howevery when i try to restart the dhcp client in the services it says erro 5 access...
  5. My PC's ethernet suddenly stopped working even though it was perfectly fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC's ethernet suddenly stopped working even though it was perfectly fine: I checked if the cable was damaged and did everything like the other posts told me for example using bios, cmd, resetting the networks, and using device manager but it has been of no help. when I use the same ethernet cable to check if it is working on another device it is...
  6. My PC's ethernet suddenly stopped working even though it was perfectly fine

My PC's ethernet suddenly stopped working even though it was perfectly fine: I checked if the cable was damaged and did everything like the other posts told me for example using bios, cmd, resetting the networks, and using device manager but it has been of no help. when I use the same ethernet cable to check if it is working on another device it is...
  7. My ethernet connection suddenly stopped working. It was fine until yesterday.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ethernet connection suddenly stopped working. It was fine until yesterday.: I have a Windows 10 Home Edition laptop connected to a 2G / 5G router. I've never had a problem with the internet before. My ethernet connection suddenly stopped yesterday, so I checked the settings and found it said "unidentified network, no connection" on the ethernet page,...
  8. My ethernet connection suddenly stopped working. It was fine until yesterday.

My ethernet connection suddenly stopped working. It was fine until yesterday.: I have a Windows 10 Home Edition laptop connected to a 2G / 5G router. I've never had a problem with the internet before. My ethernet connection suddenly stopped yesterday, so I checked the settings and found it said "unidentified network, no connection" on the ethernet page,...
  9. My ethernet connection suddenly stopped working. It was fine until yesterday.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. "The Audio Service is not running." even though audio is perfectly fine.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "The Audio Service is not running." even though audio is perfectly fine.: [ATTACH] I keep getting the message "The Audio Service is not running." even though my audio is working perfectly fine and I can change it and everything, the logo claims its muted but the audio is working fine as I said before. Its a bit annoying and I would appreciate any...