Windows 10: My PC will not open things if i click on them

Discus and support My PC will not open things if i click on them in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got my PC about 6 months ago and everything was running smoothly until a couple of days ago when I was about to play Roblox and pressed the green... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kane Elliott, Oct 21, 2024 at 7:17 AM.

1. My PC will not open things if i click on them

I got my PC about 6 months ago and everything was running smoothly until a couple of days ago when I was about to play Roblox and pressed the green play button and I got the blue screen of death. I restarted my PC and got it again after I tried to load Roblox again and then had to restart it again when everything seemed fine. Now, when i try to open Roblox by pressing the green play button it will open the game in a new window in my taskbar but then will automatically close it and i have to repeat this process around 4 times for it to actually stay there and I am able to play it. Another probl

:)

Kane Elliott, Oct 21, 2024 at 7:17 AM

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. My PC will not open things if i click on them :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

4. My PC will not open things if i click on them

I cant open any thing on my pc with a admin shield next to it

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Does that mean when you try to open, it ask for the administrator privileges and ask for the admin password?
    • Is the issue specific to particular files?
    • Did you make any recent changes to the system?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • Did you sign in as administrator or are you the administrator of the account?
    I understand that you receive error while trying to access Minecraft. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps.

1. Type UAC or User Account Access on the search bar.

2. From UAC window, I suggest you to bring down the level to default and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists, please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 21, 2024 at 7:25 AM
Thema:

My PC will not open things if i click on them

1. My PC will not open things if i click on them - Similar Threads - open things click

2. My PC will not open things if i click on them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC will not open things if i click on them: I got my PC about 6 months ago and everything was running smoothly until a couple of days ago when I was about to play Roblox and pressed the green play button and I got the blue screen of death. I restarted my PC and got it again after I tried to load Roblox again and then...
  3. This PC and Outlook desktop shortcuts sometimes don't open when I click on them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This PC and Outlook desktop shortcuts sometimes don't open when I click on them: I recently bought a new PC Dell that has Windows 11 and Microsoft Office 2021 for Home and Business. For some reason, two of my desktop shortcuts "This PC" and "Microsoft Outlook" don't always open immediately when I click on them; sometimes they seem "frozen" and won't open,...
  4. This PC and Outlook desktop shortcuts sometimes don't open when I click on them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This PC and Outlook desktop shortcuts sometimes don't open when I click on them: I recently bought a new PC Dell that has Windows 11 and Microsoft Office 2021 for Home and Business. For some reason, two of my desktop shortcuts "This PC" and "Microsoft Outlook" don't always open immediately when I click on them; sometimes they seem "frozen" and won't open,...
  5. Unable to open Photos when I click on them.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open Photos when I click on them.: From Quick access the photos open but when i click on any photo from any folder it open photos app but the photo is not visible . The screen goes grey but there is still minimize, close and restore options on the top right corner. When I right click on the photos app in the...
  6. Unable to open photos when i click on them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open photos when i click on them.: When i open the photos folder , I can see the photos and they do get opened. Even from the Quick access the photos open but when i click on any photo from any folder it open photos app but the photo is not visible . The screen goes grey but there is still minimize, close and...
  7. Unable to open photos when i click on them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open photos when i click on them.: When i open the photos folder , I can see the photos and they do get opened. Even from the Quick access the photos open but when i click on any photo from any folder it open photos app but the photo is not visible . The screen goes grey but there is still minimize, close and...
  8. While trying to open my notifications I accidentally clicked on this little thing that's...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    While trying to open my notifications I accidentally clicked on this little thing that's...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/FORXLOL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kn9unh/while_trying_to_open_my_notifications_i/
  9. System icons not opening when I click on them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System icons not opening when I click on them: Hi all, Hoping I could get some help. I've googled around but not been able to find a fix yet. I'm trying to open things from the system tray (WiFi, action centre, date time etc) but unable to open most of them. Further, I can't seem to open and view available networks from...
  10. programs opening on their own, mouse clicks things I don't click?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    programs opening on their own, mouse clicks things I don't click?: Programs opening on their own, mouse clicks things I don't click? Circles flashing on screen like I pressed CTRL to locate cursor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-opening-on-their-own-mouse-clicks-things/160fedc3-6609-4f19-a599-8d04d5069cc1