Windows 10: My pc ran into an error and rebooted when i shut down discord.

Discus and support My pc ran into an error and rebooted when i shut down discord. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i dont know exacly what happened but when i closed discord immediately the blue screen error came up and the pc rebooted.Event viewer log:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MSTR-E, Jul 8, 2024.

1. MSTR-E Win User

My pc ran into an error and rebooted when i shut down discord.

i dont know exacly what happened but when i closed discord immediately the blue screen error came up and the pc rebooted.Event viewer log: logs.evtxminidumb: 070824-29781-01.dmp

:)

MSTR-E, Jul 8, 2024
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jul 8, 2024
  3. Louie_101 Win User
    discord on PC slow?

Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

You may try some solutions below that might help fix the problem:

Solution 1: Close Unnecessary Programs

It’s common to see Discord lagging if you’re running multiple programs on your PC, because some of them may conflict with Discord. To solve the problem, you can try ending unnecessary programs.

You just need to press Shift + Ctrl + Esc to open Task Manager. Then right-click the program you don’t use currently and select End task to close it. After you close all the unnecessary applications which run with Discord at the same time, you can check if
    your Discord works fine.

Solution 2: Turn Off Hardware Acceleration

Another way to fix Discord lagging issue is turning off Hardware Acceleration. You can follow the steps below.

Step 1: Run Discord and go to Settings.

Step 2: Click Appearance from the left pane and toggle off the switch button of Hardware Acceleration.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, click Okay to confirm the operation. Then restart your Discord to see if Discord lagging issue is fixed.

Solution 3: Clear Discord Cache Files

If too many cache files and cookies are accumulated on the PC, Discord lagging issue might appear. In this case, you need to clear Discord cache files.

Step 1: Exit Discord.

Step 2: Press Win + R to invoke Run window. Then input %APPDATA%/Discord/Cache and click OK to open the cache folder in File Explorer.

Step 3: Now press Ctrl + A to select all files in the window. Then press Delete key to delete them.

Then you can relaunch Discord and check if the problem has been solved.

Solution 4: Reset Discord Voice Settings

Improper voice settings could also lead to Discord lagging issue. If you have changed any settings recently, you may need to reset them to default.

Just open Discord and go to Settings. Then select Voice & Video from the left pane and click Reset Voice Settings in the right pane. Click Okay in the pop-up window. After the operation, you can relaunch Discord and see if it works normally.

Solution 5: Update Your Drivers

If your Discord gets lagging, you can also try update your graphics driver or audio driver to fix the problem. Because the issue might appear when you’re using faulty or corrupted drivers.

Step 1: Open Run window and type devmgmt.msc in the dialog box. Then press Enter to access Device Manager.

Step 2: Double-click Audio inputs and outputs to expand the list. Then right-click your audio driver and select Update driver.

Tip: To update graphics driver, you need to double-click Display adapters, right-click your graphic driver and choose Update driver.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, choose Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the instructions to finish the process.

Then restart your computer and use Discord again to see if this solution works.

Solution 6: Reinstall Discord

If none of the solutions above works for you, you may need to reinstall Discord to fix Discord lagging issue. Let’s uninstall the program first.

Step 1: Go to Control Panel.

Step 2: Select View by: Category and then click Uninstall a program.

Step 3: Right-click Discord and select Uninstall.

Step 4: Follow the instructions to finish uninstalling Discord.

Then you can download and install Discord manually. After it is installed, launch it to see if the issue has been removed.

Hope this helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Jul 8, 2024
  4. My pc ran into an error and rebooted when i shut down discord.

Your PC ran into a problem and needs restarting

Hello,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Would you be able to capture an image or a screenshot of the complete error message that your getting?
    • Were there any software or application you've recently installed?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the steps on this article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 8, 2024
Thema:

My pc ran into an error and rebooted when i shut down discord.

1. My pc ran into an error and rebooted when i shut down discord. - Similar Threads - ran error rebooted

2. My pc ran into an error and rebooted when i closed Destiny 2.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc ran into an error and rebooted when i closed Destiny 2.: i dont know exacly what happened but when i closed destiny 2 immediately a black screen came up and the pc rebooted.Event viewer log: logs2.evtxminidumb: 072624-15312-01.dmpThis is the second time something like this happened to me.here the link for my previous problem:...
  3. My pc ran into an error and rebooted when i closed Destiny 2.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc ran into an error and rebooted when i closed Destiny 2.: i dont know exacly what happened but when i closed destiny 2 immediately a black screen came up and the pc rebooted.Event viewer log: logs2.evtxminidumb: 072624-15312-01.dmpThis is the second time something like this happened to me.here the link for my previous problem:...
  4. My pc ran into an error and rebooted when i shut down discord.

My pc ran into an error and rebooted when i shut down discord.: i dont know exacly what happened but when i closed discord immediately the blue screen error came up and the pc rebooted.Event viewer log: logs.evtxminidumb: 070824-29781-01.dmp...
  5. I turn my pc on it boots shuts down then reboots on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I turn my pc on it boots shuts down then reboots on: so my pc works fine doesn't turn off or nothing but when i boot it on sometimes itll go on then turn off and back on then load up fine is that bad??...
  6. I turn my pc on it boots shuts down then reboots on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turn my pc on it boots shuts down then reboots on: so my pc works fine doesn't turn off or nothing but when i boot it on sometimes itll go on then turn off and back on then load up fine is that bad??...
  7. I turn my pc on it boots shuts down then reboots on

8. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  9. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  10. My computer reboots when I tell it to shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer reboots when I tell it to shut down: Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-reboots-when-i-tell-it-to-shut-down/6220904f-3694-4c78-85c8-d51f87765aa7