Windows 10: My PC keeps freezing and fully crashing no matter what I do.

Discus and support My PC keeps freezing and fully crashing no matter what I do. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey so with my PC I'm having a really weird issue I haven't been able to find answers for ANYWHERE. So previously, every time i'd boot up my PC for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Joey Spa, Apr 8, 2024.

1. Joey Spa Win User

My PC keeps freezing and fully crashing no matter what I do.

Hey so with my PC I'm having a really weird issue I haven't been able to find answers for ANYWHERE. So previously, every time i'd boot up my PC for the first time in a day, it'd work perfectly fine but after a few minutes it'd freeze for a second or two with a static sound blasting down the speakers/headset. So, I'd restart and then the cycle repeats itself and freezes etc etc. Sometimes, the freeze would last for a second or two longer and also disconnect my PC from the internet for a few seconds before coming back. After the restarts, I'd be free to use my PC however I please until the next

:)

Joey Spa, Apr 8, 2024
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 8, 2024
  3. beeze Win User
    Constant PC crashing/freezing

Hello!

Brief description of problem: Over the past few months my PC has been randomly crashing/freezing. It doesn't seem to matter how large of a load it is trying to take on; whether i'm only writing a paper while listening to music, or i'm playing Counter Strike on one monitor and have multiple processes open on the other. The up time ranges anywhere between 1 minute to 12 hours.

PC Specs:
    CPU - AMD FX-6300
    RAM - 16gb HyperX ddr3-1886
    Video Card - Radeon R7 370
    MOBO - GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P
    HHD - 1 TB
    Power Supply - 500w

Continued Description of Problem: I recently ran a memtest on my ram and found out that one of the sticks were bad(It has been replaced with the ram currently listed above) this resolved about half of the issues I was facing. Before the ram was replaced I was getting a multitude of blue screens alongside the random freezing. The next and most recent step I've taken to restore my PC was replacing the hard drive. It doesn't seem to have fixed anything; one change I noticed after installing windows onto the new hard drive is that the time/timestamp on any browser, program or desktop doesn't display correctly. It has been replaced with some odd symbols- ex; Screenshot - 16eb15deb6d9e5e2fcaae2618a12b0ce - Gyazo , Screenshot - 63eff3026946796a175cdb11e13473b4 - Gyazo . With all this in mind I am assuming that we can exclude the RAM and HHD from potential problems.

Additional Details on the Crashing/Freezing: As stated before it doesn't matter how much strain is on the PC, but crashing does seem more prevalent when playing games. When It does freeze/crash and there is audio playing the video will freeze but the audio will just mimic the last frequency it received. Sometimes it freezes and will go back to normal(This is a pretty rare occurrence).

Thank you in advance for any advice/help; If you would like any additional information on specs/freeze details.

beeze, Apr 8, 2024
  4. My PC keeps freezing and fully crashing no matter what I do.

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Apr 8, 2024
Thema:

My PC keeps freezing and fully crashing no matter what I do.

1. My PC keeps freezing and fully crashing no matter what I do. - Similar Threads - keeps freezing fully

2. What do i do? my pc keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What do i do? my pc keeps crashing: Hello to start things off this happened around 3 days ago where my pc started to freeze and crash. it happens on random intervals. i tried to scan my drivers, processor but it didn’t found anything that is corrupted. i also factory reset my pc 3 times now but it is still...
  3. What do i do? my pc keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do i do? my pc keeps crashing: Hello to start things off this happened around 3 days ago where my pc started to freeze and crash. it happens on random intervals. i tried to scan my drivers, processor but it didn’t found anything that is corrupted. i also factory reset my pc 3 times now but it is still...
  4. What do i do? my pc keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer has fully crashed, what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has fully crashed, what do i do?: I can log in fine, but when i do there is just my recycling bin which i have emptied, i cant access anything on my computer and cant open anything. Ive tried to reset by holding shift but it keeps saying i dont have enough space. Any suggestions would be really helpfulThank...
  6. my pc keeps crashing what do i do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc keeps crashing what do i do: anytime i play a pc game at low quality everything's fine but then if i go up to max quality which i could do up to 3 days ago my entire pc crashes and i have to physically shut if off and back on i updates my drivers so it shouldnt be that and i reset my pc so it couldnt be...
  7. my pc keeps crashing what do i do

my pc keeps crashing what do i do: anytime i play a pc game at low quality everything's fine but then if i go up to max quality which i could do up to 3 days ago my entire pc crashes and i have to physically shut if off and back on i updates my drivers so it shouldnt be that and i reset my pc so it couldnt be...
  8. My PC keeps freezing and fully crashing no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps freezing and fully crashing no matter what I do.: Hey so with my PC I'm having a really weird issue I haven't been able to find answers for ANYWHERE. So previously, every time i'd boot up my PC for the first time in a day, it'd work perfectly fine but after a few minutes it'd freeze for a second or two with a static sound...
  9. My system keeps BSODing no matter what I do.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My system keeps BSODing no matter what I do.: My system is crashing with error codes like:ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORYSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONEXCEPTION_ON_INVALID_STACKSYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDAnd I tried a lot of things like SFC and DISMI ran a bunch of hardware tests, and they all said my hardware is...
  10. My system keeps BSODing no matter what I do.

My system keeps BSODing no matter what I do.: My system is crashing with error codes like:ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORYSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTIONEXCEPTION_ON_INVALID_STACKSYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDAnd I tried a lot of things like SFC and DISMI ran a bunch of hardware tests, and they all said my hardware is...