Windows 10: My pc has been freezing, and suggestions fixing it?

Discus and support My pc has been freezing, and suggestions fixing it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I got a second hand pc from a friend, and upgraded the gpu. But every now and then it seems to freeze, ive had bluescreen, black screen, freeze with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Keats_845, Aug 7, 2024.

1. Keats_845 Win User

My pc has been freezing, and suggestions fixing it?

I got a second hand pc from a friend, and upgraded the gpu. But every now and then it seems to freeze, ive had bluescreen, black screen, freeze with audio, freeze but can still move the mouse and mouse beeps whenever i click. I'm looking for someone that can help me diagnose and then fix the issue Ive tried lots of different things, by googling solutions, but the problem keeps coming back. It happens about once a day, and works fine after manually restarting.CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x 12 coreGPU: Nvidia 4070 ti SuperMotherboard: ROG crosshair VIII Dark HeroMemory: Gskill DDR4 32GBSamsung SSD 1TB

:)

Keats_845, Aug 7, 2024
  2. Caring1 Win User

New CPU cooler for Ryzen questions and suggestions

Your Ryzen 7 1700X should be close to 4.0GHz anyway, so overclocking is pointless.
    If the computer freezes then there should be an error listed in the crash logs, most likely a clock watchdog timeout, changing the cooler won't fix it.
    I'd suggest leaving the CPU stock and clocking your Ram up a bit.

Caring1, Aug 7, 2024
  3. 20mmrain Win User
    Comfortably PC gaming from the couch suggestions.

Well guys I would like to hear some good suggestions for comfortably PC gaming from the couch. I have searched this forum and others and I can't believe that in 2014 there is still not a good way of doing this.

So please whether your suggestion is an Xbox controller, flat portable table top, or you have pictures of a custom design.... Shoot over your suggestions. Because PC gaming comfortably from the couch is on my new years resolution list. I will find away to do it this year.

Thanks.

20mmrain, Aug 7, 2024
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Naki, Aug 7, 2024
Thema:

1. My pc has been freezing, and suggestions fixing it? - Similar Threads - has been freezing

2. My Pc has been crashing and freezing a lot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Pc has been crashing and freezing a lot: the mini dump analysis ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true NonInteractiveNuget : true...
  3. My Pc has been crashing and freezing a lot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc has been crashing and freezing a lot: the mini dump analysis ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true NonInteractiveNuget : true...
  4. My pc has been freezing, and suggestions fixing it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc has been freezing, and suggestions fixing it?: I got a second hand pc from a friend, and upgraded the gpu. But every now and then it seems to freeze, ive had bluescreen, black screen, freeze with audio, freeze but can still move the mouse and mouse beeps whenever i click. I'm looking for someone that can help me diagnose...
  5. My Pc has been freezing and i don't know why.

My Pc has been freezing and i don't know why.: My pc freezes whenever I play video games.It seems vary how often it freezes depending on what game I'm playing typically more resource requiring games crash faster On event viewer it shows up with the text:The previous system shutdown at 1:26:31 PM on ‎1/‎10/‎2024 was...
  6. My PC has been freezing at random moments for a while now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has been freezing at random moments for a while now.: Just as the title says my PC keeps freezing. Nothing specific seems to trigger it this happens from something as demanding as a high end game, to just using a browser with one tab. The screen just freezes and the audio stammers out and glitches. No one online seems to have...
  7. My PC ran into a problem and blue screened, it has been freezing randomly without fix for a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC ran into a problem and blue screened, it has been freezing randomly without fix for a...: My pc has been running into an issue where it randomly freezes and I need to turn off the entire pc and turn it back on, more recently, however, my pc "ran into an issue" and restarted itself. After it restarted I viewed the reliability history and the problem description...
  8. My PC ran into a problem and blue screened, it has been freezing randomly without fix for a...

My PC ran into a problem and blue screened, it has been freezing randomly without fix for a...: My pc has been running into an issue where it randomly freezes and I need to turn off the entire pc and turn it back on, more recently, however, my pc "ran into an issue" and restarted itself. After it restarted I viewed the reliability history and the problem description...
  9. My computer has been freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer has been freezing: My computer has been freezing a lot and it does not work. I am using the latest Windows 10 pro, Here are computer specs: Intel I5 10th gen Radeon 5500 XT OC Rog Strix Z490-E gaming Vengence Corsair 16 gigs CX750m corsair power supply Be quiet dark rock TF Error...
  10. New Pc has been deadlocking/ freezing randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Pc has been deadlocking/ freezing randomly.: Its been like 3 weeks since I got my new pc, and randomly its been just freezing and forcing me to turn it off and back on. I had the store tech support do diagnostics on it and everything was fine, did ram test, and updated to windows 20h2. which afterward worked for 10 days...