Windows 10: My PC gets stuck during booting

Discus and support My PC gets stuck during booting in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; /When I turn on the computer it stays on the please wait loop. The only fix that works is to unplug my keyboard and mouse. Once i turn the computer off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brett Pirate, Feb 14, 2023.

1. My PC gets stuck during booting

/When I turn on the computer it stays on the please wait loop. The only fix that works is to unplug my keyboard and mouse. Once i turn the computer off and unplug the mouse and keyboard, it finally boots to the main windows screen. My second issue is that the last update will not download. Any ideas?

:)

Brett Pirate, Feb 14, 2023

2. Unable to boot the PC, stuck in recovery mode screen​

Hi Joe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to boot the PC normally as it is stuck in recovery mode.

1. Were there any recent updates installed on the PC?
    2. What is the exact make and model of the PC?

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

Boot the PC into safe mode with networking and check if you are able to login. Refer the article to

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    From a black or blank screen.

Method 2:

Perform a system restore to revert the PC back to the state when everything was working fine. Refer the article

Recovery options in Windows 10
    , refer the section
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC.

Note:
    Do not reset the PC; resetting the PC will remove all the data and installed programs from the PC.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 14, 2023
  3. aronchick Win User
    Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Feb 14, 2023
  4. My PC gets stuck during booting

pc stuck at boot!

i just tried your suggestion. but still cant enter bios.

nutcrackdude, Feb 14, 2023
Thema:

My PC gets stuck during booting

1. My PC gets stuck during booting - Similar Threads - gets stuck during

2. PC is stuck during booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is stuck during booting: Today, when i wanted to normally start my PC, it got stuck on loading Circle. I tried hard-resetting it and entering the bios to Search up problem, but nothing helped. I can only Enter my BIOS. Most of online tutorials show entering "Advanced options" menu, but the thing is i...
  3. PC is stuck during booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is stuck during booting: Today, when i wanted to normally start my PC, it got stuck on loading Circle. I tried hard-resetting it and entering the bios to Search up problem, but nothing helped. I can only Enter my BIOS. Most of online tutorials show entering "Advanced options" menu, but the thing is i...
  4. PC is stuck during booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My PC gets stuck during booting

My PC gets stuck during booting: /When I turn on the computer it stays on the please wait loop. The only fix that works is to unplug my keyboard and mouse. Once i turn the computer off and unplug the mouse and keyboard, it finally boots to the main windows screen. My second issue is that the last update will...
  6. My pc is stuck during recovery attempt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My pc is stuck during recovery attempt: dave m121:pc stuck at 86% fixed.i followed the steps and my pc restarted and shows which disc you need for recovery.my recovery is volume 2.and it started restarting and showing which disk you need for recovery again and again.* Moved from Community Center* Original title: my...
  7. PC shutdown during boot.

PC shutdown during boot.: Morning guys,Looking for advice, this is the 2nd time this happens to me in the space of a few months, while turning my pc on in the morning the pc shutsdown before windows log in screen, I got the dump file to see if someone smarter then me can help me out before I go buying...
  8. Stuck in repairing during boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in repairing during boot: Can't boot my system. Keeps saying that it's trying to repair my system, then fails. I have tried uninstalling updates, restore points, and refreshing. I made a bootable usb and am trying the startup repairs but it can't find the c:\boot folder. It doesn't seem to see a...
  9. During re-boot, getting stuck at the blue screen saying "Restarting"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    During re-boot, getting stuck at the blue screen saying "Restarting": Hello My Window 10 is getting stuck rebooting. It gets to the blue screen that says "Restarting" and then freezes. It has just tried to install a "Cumulative update" and claims to have completed it successfully. J 80364
  10. Screen gets stuck flashing during OS boot, PC unusable

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen gets stuck flashing during OS boot, PC unusable: Video of problem: http://s1.webmshare.com/6MNZE.webm Searching about the issue online, it seems that this can be caused by norton or iCloud software, or two Microsoft background services that you have to disable in MSconfig to stop the screen flashing. I don't have norton...