Windows 10: My PC Completely Shuts Down When Pressing the Sleep Button

Discus and support My PC Completely Shuts Down When Pressing the Sleep Button in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've had the issue of my PC completely shutting down when attempting to put it in sleep mode since I've gotten it. It was originally built for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zachary Ginter, Jul 10, 2023.

1. My PC Completely Shuts Down When Pressing the Sleep Button

I've had the issue of my PC completely shutting down when attempting to put it in sleep mode since I've gotten it. It was originally built for my cousin, but ended up in my hands. I practically know nothjng about the software, but have done my best in trying to solve the issue on my own. However, no matter what article or video I read or watch, the problem still persists. Is there anything that I could easily be missing.

:)

Zachary Ginter, Jul 10, 2023
  2. Slions Win User
    Slions, Jul 10, 2023
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Jul 10, 2023
  4. Slions Win User

My PC Completely Shuts Down When Pressing the Sleep Button

How to shut down when I press the sleep button?

Power settings won't let you choose to shut down your PC when you press the sleep button.

That's a rather annoying issue especially if you are using your PC in the living room with an MCE remote control.

In fact the remote power button sends the sleep command rather than the power command.

Slions, Jul 10, 2023
Thema:

My PC Completely Shuts Down When Pressing the Sleep Button

1. My PC Completely Shuts Down When Pressing the Sleep Button - Similar Threads - Completely Shuts Down

2. PC not shutting down when pressing the button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not shutting down when pressing the button: I've been having this issue for some time now. When I click on the windows button and press "shut down" the PC starts loading normally it takes about 30 secs as if it would shut down, then everything turns off for 1 second and after that the PC vents start spinning again and...
  3. PC not shutting down when pressing the button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not shutting down when pressing the button: I've been having this issue for some time now. When I click on the windows button and press "shut down" the PC starts loading normally it takes about 30 secs as if it would shut down, then everything turns off for 1 second and after that the PC vents start spinning again and...
  4. My PC Completely Shuts Down When Pressing the Sleep Button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC Completely Shuts Down When Pressing the Sleep Button: I've had the issue of my PC completely shutting down when attempting to put it in sleep mode since I've gotten it. It was originally built for my cousin, but ended up in my hands. I practically know nothjng about the software, but have done my best in trying to solve the...
  5. My PC Completely Shuts Down When Pressing the Sleep Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC Completely Shuts Down When Pressing the Sleep Button: I've had the issue of my PC completely shutting down when attempting to put it in sleep mode since I've gotten it. It was originally built for my cousin, but ended up in my hands. I practically know nothjng about the software, but have done my best in trying to solve the...
  6. Computer shuts down when I press sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shuts down when I press sleep: My pc starts to shutdown when I click sleep and it take around 10 minutes to actually shut down, I restarted it once and it went to sleep like normal after that until I turned it on again and the problem continued. My pc goes through the complete booting up process every...
  7. Computer shuts down when I press sleep

Computer shuts down when I press sleep: My pc starts to shutdown when I click sleep and it take around 10 minutes to actually shut down, I restarted it once and it went to sleep like normal after that until I turned it on again and the problem continued. My pc goes through the complete booting up process every...
  8. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  9. PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down

PC reboots when pressing shut down button start -> shut down instead of actual shut down: Hi.I got a weird bug with my PC recently. When I shut down the PC by pressing start -> shut down, the screen goes black for a few seconds like it's shutting down, and then I see a lock screen and login again. Reboot works as expected. If run command `shutdown /s` - the PC...
  10. Sleep button shuts down my computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep button shuts down my computer: Hi, I have recently started encountering a problem whereby my laptop shuts down when I put it to sleep, meaning that files close without saving and I have to start using autorecover and browser closes too. I have checked my power options and no issues there. I am wondering...