Windows 10: My PC cannot update, It says the pc must support secure boot, which it does, but once i...

Discus and support My PC cannot update, It says the pc must support secure boot, which it does, but once i... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My PC cannot update, It says the pc must support secure boot, which it does, but once i enable it, windows won't boot, I'm using Windows 11 24H2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lucas M3, Jul 23, 2024.

1. Lucas M3 Win User

My PC cannot update, It says the pc must support secure boot, which it does, but once i...

My PC cannot update, It says the pc must support secure boot, which it does, but once i enable it, windows won't boot, I'm using Windows 11 24H2 insider preview, the update downloads but fails. Any way to fix?

:)

Lucas M3, Jul 23, 2024

2. PC Bootlooping after June Security Update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are having difficulties on the PC after installing a Windows Update.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the model number of the HP PC?
    • What is the KB number of the Security update installed prior to this issue?
    • Which update are you attempting to remove?
    • Are you able to boot the PC to the desktop?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform step 1, 2 & 3 if you are able to boot the PC to desktop and step 4 if you are unable to boot.

Step 1:
    Run the Windows Updates Troubleshooter:

Select the Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows updates > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Reset Windows Update Components

We would suggest you to refer the steps as mention in this article:
    How do I reset Windows Update components?

Step 3: Clean boot

Try booting your PC in clean boot. Refer to the article on How to perform
    a clean boot in Windows

Note: Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Also, you may not be able to use some
    programs in clean boot.

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

Step 4: System Restore using WinRE use bootable media

1. Use the Bootable media to boot the PC.
    1. Boot from the media and choose “Repair your computer.”
    2. Under Advanced troubleshooting, select Troubleshoot.
    3. Under Advanced options screen, you will see
      System Restore.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 23, 2024
  3. updrading to win 10,◦SECURE BOOT NOT SUPPORTED BY YOUR PC

Hello ,

I want to upgrade my pc to win 10 , i am currently rinning win 7 sp1 , My pc past most requirments but for 1 i think , here is my computer info

Compaq Presario CQ5210Y Desktop PC Product Specifications Motherboard M2N68-LA (Narra5)
    Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Processor AMD Athlon II X2 215

Operating speed: Up to 2.7 GH

• Bus speed: 4000 MHz HT3 (clocked down to 2000 MHz)
    • Memory
      3 GB

• Amount: 3 GB

• Speed: PC2-6400 MB/se
      • Integrated graphics using nVidia GeForce 6150SE

• i am running a 64 bit version of win seven , from my researching my pc passes all requirements execpt for ...

• ECURE BOOT NOT SUPPORTED BY YOUR PC I RAN THE APP FOR WIN 8.1 INFO ANT THE ONLY THIN THAT FAILED WAS

• SECURE BOOT NOT SUPPORTED BY YOUR PC , IS THERE A WAY TO FIX THIS ?

dailybuzz420, Jul 23, 2024
  4. newtekie1 Win User

My PC cannot update, It says the pc must support secure boot, which it does, but once i...

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jul 23, 2024
Thema:

1. My PC cannot update, It says the pc must support secure boot, which it does, but once i... - Similar Threads - cannot update says

2. My PC cannot update, It says the pc must support secure boot, which it does, but once i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC cannot update, It says the pc must support secure boot, which it does, but once i...: My PC cannot update, It says the pc must support secure boot, which it does, but once i enable it, windows won't boot, I'm using Windows 11 24H2 insider preview, the update downloads but fails. Any way to fix?...
  3. My pc doesn't support secure boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc doesn't support secure boot?: i was trying to enable secure boot for so i could update windows 11 but when i checked my system info it says that it is unsupported and im not sure what do to so i can get it to support i have an old computer my motherboard is a ASUSTeK COMPUTER INK. TUF B450-PRO GAMING Rev...
  4. My pc doesn't support secure boot?

My pc doesn't support secure boot?: i was trying to enable secure boot for so i could update windows 11 but when i checked my system info it says that it is unsupported and im not sure what do to so i can get it to support i have an old computer my motherboard is a ASUSTeK COMPUTER INK. TUF B450-PRO GAMING Rev...
  5. My pc doesn't support secure boot?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. PC does not support Secure Boot

PC does not support Secure Boot: So, I've been trying to update my computer to Windows 11 but it does not work, because apparently, Secure Boot is not supported.Now, I've been trying to find others with the same issue but all of the others did not have UEFI, and instead use the Legacy BIOS. The thing is, I...
  7. PC does not support Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC does not support Secure Boot: So, I've been trying to update my computer to Windows 11 but it does not work, because apparently, Secure Boot is not supported.Now, I've been trying to find others with the same issue but all of the others did not have UEFI, and instead use the Legacy BIOS. The thing is, I...
  8. PC Health Checker "This PC must support secure boot" but it's already enabled in UEFI settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Health Checker "This PC must support secure boot" but it's already enabled in UEFI settings?: I recently got myself a custom-built gaming computer, taking all of the windows 11 requirements into account when selecting the hardware for it. As far as I or the friendly neighborhood hardware technician can tell, it should be ready to upgrade I even fixed a mixup with my...
  9. PC Health Checker "This PC must support secure boot" but it's already enabled in UEFI settings?

PC Health Checker "This PC must support secure boot" but it's already enabled in UEFI settings?: I recently got myself a custom-built gaming computer, taking all of the windows 11 requirements into account when selecting the hardware for it. As far as I or the friendly neighborhood hardware technician can tell, it should be ready to upgrade I even fixed a mixup with my...
  10. PC Health Checker "This PC must support secure boot" but it's already enabled in UEFI settings?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade