Windows 10: My PC BSOD's a lot that it seems normal. Is there a way to stop it?

Discus and support My PC BSOD's a lot that it seems normal. Is there a way to stop it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My PC is slightly old but that shouldn't matter. I had an even older PC that wouldn't BSOD. But everytime I try to boot to windows it blue screens and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PC gamer., Sep 2, 2024.

1. PC gamer. Win User

My PC BSOD's a lot that it seems normal. Is there a way to stop it?

My PC is slightly old but that shouldn't matter. I had an even older PC that wouldn't BSOD. But everytime I try to boot to windows it blue screens and then it takes me to a repair and account screen. And I just wanna boot to windows 10. I've been thinking about starting with a fresh installation of windows but I don't want to install all my app again or re login to everything. What should I do?

:)

PC gamer., Sep 2, 2024

2. Pc bsod to bios

Currently replying on iPhone, I’ll give you a proper timeline Step 1) during the program of tuneup plus my pc bsod 3 times but I was finally able to get the info Step 2) Restore point was easy and done quick which now leads to step 3 Step 3) After starting the WDV my pc bsod with the stop code of “System thread exception not handled” following the steps I open command prompt and tried to turn it off which says that nothing was changed, so then after a couple of bsod’s later I manage to go back to my restore point which now leads to a problem I cant seem to fix where when I try to open my pc it says something is wrong with my pin with error code (0x80090016) If needed I do have the tuneup plus info Trying to solve the pin problem if anyone suggestions please inform me.

Poundersktt, Sep 2, 2024
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Sep 2, 2024
  4. My PC BSOD's a lot that it seems normal. Is there a way to stop it?

BSOD with multiple stop codes

• Problem
    The problem is that I get a blue screen of death (BSOD) frequently for a few months now, and it increases in frequency once I've had the first one. For example, if I leave my computer on for a while, it'll run normally for a few hours before I get my first BSOD. After I get a BSOD, I get a lot more afterward over the period of 30 mins - 1 hour. The stop codes I get are different every time so there's no way of saying which one I get the most.

• Problem history
    I don't remember exactly when I had this problem or what triggered it. But at the time I hadn't changed any hardware components or installed new software. However, I used to only get the stop code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. After some attempts of troubleshooting, I started getting all the stop codes besides IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL to this moment. I don't remember which step exactly of troubleshooting triggered this change though.

• Specs:
    1. Windows: Windows 10 x64
    2. Motherboard: Asus Strix B450-F Gaming
    3. CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    4. Memory: Corsair CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 Vengeance LPX 32 GB
    5. Hard disks: KINGSTON SA400S37240G / WDC WD10EZEX-21WN4A0
    6. Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING X
    7. Power supply: don't remember exact model but it's Corsair 550W
    • Troubleshooting:
    1. Changed GPU (from GTX 1060 to current)
    2. Changed RAM
    3. Turned D.O.C.P off
    4. Turned D.O.C.P on
    5. Updated all drivers (chipset, graphics, etc..)
    6. Updated BIOS
    7. memtestx86 (no errors)
    8. CheckHealth
    9. Updated windows
    10. Installed fresh windows (wiped everything) and reinstalled all drivers.
    11. Tried different RAM that I am sure is not faulty
    • Notes:
    1. I tried installing fresh windows multiple times and I noticed that every time I get insanely many BSODs before I install the chipset driver. Then it returns to normal frequency as stated in the 'problem' section.
    2. Every time I check the performance monitor I see the message below or something similar:

My PC BSOD's a lot that it seems normal. Is there a way to stop it? 92a555ce-eee7-4509-8eaa-cf1d7abc7dfa?upload=true.png

Abdelaziz Farag, Sep 2, 2024
Thema:

My PC BSOD's a lot that it seems normal. Is there a way to stop it?

1. My PC BSOD's a lot that it seems normal. Is there a way to stop it? - Similar Threads - BSOD's lot seems

2. My PC BSOD's a lot that it seems normal. Is there a way to stop it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC BSOD's a lot that it seems normal. Is there a way to stop it?: My PC is slightly old 2018 but that shouldn't matter. I had an even older PC that wouldn't BSOD. But everytime I try to boot to windows it blue screens and then it takes me to a repair and account screen. And I just wanna boot to windows 10. I've been thinking about starting...
  3. My PC BSOD's a lot that it seems normal. Is there a way to stop it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC BSOD's a lot that it seems normal. Is there a way to stop it?: My PC is slightly old but that shouldn't matter. I had an even older PC that wouldn't BSOD. But everytime I try to boot to windows it blue screens and then it takes me to a repair and account screen. And I just wanna boot to windows 10. I've been thinking about starting with...
  4. BSoD..getting a lot of stop code errors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD..getting a lot of stop code errors.: New board, cpu, memory, fresh install of win 10. What do I do?System info:OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name FERRELL System Manufacturer Micro-Star International...
  5. new pc and a lot of bsods

in Windows 10 Gaming
    new pc and a lot of bsods: hi I have a new pc windows 11 os and it keeps getting bsods different kinds of errors from time to time usually every 2 days my first bsod was when i was playing valorant and randomly my pc crashed with an error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and then another day i bought a new...
  6. new pc and a lot of bsods

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    new pc and a lot of bsods: hi I have a new pc windows 11 os and it keeps getting bsods different kinds of errors from time to time usually every 2 days my first bsod was when i was playing valorant and randomly my pc crashed with an error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and then another day i bought a new...
  7. Lots of BSOD on new PC

Lots of BSOD on new PC: Hello, I have a lot of BSOD on my new workstation. I have it from 20 days. At the beginning I thought it was an SSD then I changed it. No BSOD for 2 weeks and then today it started with a random exit from a game then a lot of BSOD all with different messages. I succeded in...
  8. Lots and Lots of BSODs

Lots and Lots of BSODs: i've been getting a ton of BSODs on a (Fairly) new rig i bought in march. All drivers are up to date, ran memtest and memtest86 on each stick of ram separately, flashed bios to current build (F23), updated onboard realtek sound and ethernet cards. Ran (and am still running)...
  9. BSOD Seemingly Random when using PC normally. Variety of BSOD errors

BSOD Seemingly Random when using PC normally. Variety of BSOD errors: Hi, Over the past couple of days I have been having reasonably frequent BSODs. Some have not created a dump file. I cant pinpoint anything in particular but it seems to be pointing to a driver issue but never identifies the driver from what I can tell. Hoping someone can...
  10. Lots of BSOD's Seemingly Without Cause

Lots of BSOD's Seemingly Without Cause: Well, something must have changed since Windows updated, as I'm now getting very frequent BSOD's again. I once even got a BSOD, restarted and before the computer even started up, I got another BSOD... Here's the requested data: JOSHDESKTOP-2016_07_14_(木)_173041_19.zip...