Windows 10: My Original product key can't be used to activate Windows Home.

Discus and support My Original product key can't be used to activate Windows Home. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My school installed a Windows Enterprise on my PC. When I tried to revert to my original version of Windows Home through Activation in Settings, Error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Xuan Yi Lew, Dec 15, 2022.

1. My Original product key can't be used to activate Windows Home.

My school installed a Windows Enterprise on my PC. When I tried to revert to my original version of Windows Home through Activation in Settings, Error 0xc004f050 showed. The product key I used should most likely be the original as it was retrieved through the "wmic path softwarelicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey" command. I use a Acer Swift SF314-54G.

:)

Xuan Yi Lew, Dec 15, 2022

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Dec 15, 2022
  3. Find original win 8 product keys used?

That key should still be usable to install 8.1. Technically, since you used it to install Windows 10, if you use it to install Windows 8.1, you should stop using the version of Windows 10 you activated with it. As far as I know though, its not enforced in any manner.
    I upgraded my laptop from 8.1 Pro (MSDN Retail key) to windows 10 Pro. Then months latter, reinstalled 8.1 Pro with the original key on that laptop. It activated with no issues. I then clean installed 10 Pro on that same laptop with a skip key and it activated with no issues. The 8.1 key was not blacklisted etc. I don't "think" its tied to the Windows 10 activation in any way. No way of proving it though.
    I keep a detailed list of what product keys I've used on what PC. Windows and office etc. Saves me from any guess work latter on. *Wink
    Then if I have to reinstall a previous OS I can use the original key and not worry about activation issues.

alphanumeric, Dec 15, 2022
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

My Original product key can't be used to activate Windows Home.

Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle

Changing the product key to the generic Windows 10 product key will reset activation to the standard retail channel for activation. It might just activate (if there was a previous digital license for Windows 10 for that computer established with Microsoft). Once Windows 10 is back on the retail activation channel, then more than likely changing the product key to the Windows 8 product key using the same method may work.

NavyLCDR, Dec 15, 2022
Thema:

My Original product key can't be used to activate Windows Home.

1. My Original product key can't be used to activate Windows Home. - Similar Threads - Original product key

2. My Original product key can't be used to activate Windows Home.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Original product key can't be used to activate Windows Home.: My school installed a Windows Enterprise on my PC. When I tried to revert to my original version of Windows Home through Activation in Settings, Error 0xc004f050 showed. The product key I used should most likely be the original as it was retrieved through the "wmic path...
  3. My Original product key can't be used to activate Windows Home.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Original product key can't be used to activate Windows Home.: My school installed a Windows Enterprise on my PC. When I tried to revert to my original version of Windows Home through Activation in Settings, Error 0xc004f050 showed. The product key I used should most likely be the original as it was retrieved through the "wmic path...
  4. ACTIVATING MY WINDOWS 10 HOME PRODUCT KEY

ACTIVATING MY WINDOWS 10 HOME PRODUCT KEY: Hi, I have a windows 10 pro edition that wasn't activated so when I went ahead and bought the windows 10 home and did all the installations than I went ahead and tried to activate it with the windows 10 home product key but it said that the product key you entered didn't...
  5. regarding my activation of original product key in my windows 10

regarding my activation of original product key in my windows 10: Hi I am Mihir actually my windows 10 was corrupted due to virus so I had reinstalled it form the repair store, but since I was unaware that if I have licensed key so there is no need to add a product key when the windows ask for product key during reinstallation we had to...
  6. Motherboard changed and can't use original product key

Motherboard changed and can't use original product key: How do you contact Microsoft for windows 10 activation issues with a hardware change. Need to talk to a real person. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/motherboard-changed-and-cant-use-original-product/c8fd8452-5124-46e3-b761-70ee28e31186
  7. Windows can't activate with this product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows can't activate with this product key: I have a windows 10 pro installed in my computer and only found out my product key 1 year later today because I used an app that tells you what your product key was I lost the cover of my DVD. Now, when I try to change product key, it says windows can't activate with this...
  8. Windows original product key

Windows original product key: I am using hp laptop. My original product key got blurred and I have no idea about retailer. Please let me know how to get the original product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-original-product-key/446eaf65-e967-4e43-84d1-4e16b7135da8"
  9. Can't activate Windows Home with my key

Can't activate Windows Home with my key: Hello, So about a month ago this message in the bottom right corner started to show up "activate windows, go to settings to activate windows". When I've bought this laptop that I have about 2 years ago I also bought the Windows 10 Home, but it came in CD and the new Asus...
  10. Fake Product Key - Can't change or enter my original product key

Fake Product Key - Can't change or enter my original product key: My system was attacked by malware and then I have made a clean installation of Windows 10. but after that when I'm entering my original product key by using the option change product key, i'm getting the following error ---------------------------------------------- Unable...