Windows 10: My nvme ssd is not recognized after a fresh install of windows

Discus and support My nvme ssd is not recognized after a fresh install of windows in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This was probably asked a 1000 times but no matter how much i search, i cant find the answer.For context: i build my computer like 2 years ago and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by UredNewburi, Aug 28, 2022.

1. My nvme ssd is not recognized after a fresh install of windows

This was probably asked a 1000 times but no matter how much i search, i cant find the answer.For context: i build my computer like 2 years ago and everything worked just fine. Around 5 months ago my pc startet crashing. It got worse over time and today i tried to boot with my old ssd but somehow an important file went missing which prevents me from booting, meaning i cant even use my pc anymore.my windows crashes all the time and i can not locate the problem. I checked everithing from temperature, programs running in task manager, updates, drivers, reseating and unpluging stuff and probably mo

:)

UredNewburi, Aug 28, 2022

2. NVME SSD

Hi.

Does the BIOS recognize the NVME SSD?

Also, what is the BIOS version?

auggy [Directly], Aug 28, 2022
  3. Windows refuses to install on NVME SSD (Samsung 960 EVO)

First, thanks everyone who copy-pasted the first relevant results they found in Google. I found those before I asked the question.

The solution that I got to work is as follows:

• Disable CSM / UEFI
    • Enable Secure Boot
    • Now the installer can access the NVME SSD
      • Format the drive
      • Restart the machine

• Enable CSM / UEFI

• Disable Secure Boot

• Proceed to installer and now Windows will allow you to install to the NVME SSD drive

MikeIsMike, Aug 28, 2022
  4. My nvme ssd is not recognized after a fresh install of windows

NVME SSD

Tried this, and windows still didn't see the nvme ssd. It was a brand new nvme ssd right out of the box. Nothing works.

AdrianLucke72, Aug 28, 2022
Thema:

My nvme ssd is not recognized after a fresh install of windows

1. My nvme ssd is not recognized after a fresh install of windows - Similar Threads - nvme ssd recognized

2. fresh windows install on SSD. Bios will not recognize SSD as bootable drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fresh windows install on SSD. Bios will not recognize SSD as bootable drive: ive got an old Lenovo G50-45. I wanted to upgrade the HD to SSD so I bought an HP 512GB SSD. At first the drive was only visible in disk part but after I created a volume and partitioned it and assigned a drive letter it became visible everywhere. Next I tried using...
  3. fresh windows install on SSD. Bios will not recognize SSD as bootable drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fresh windows install on SSD. Bios will not recognize SSD as bootable drive: ive got an old Lenovo G50-45. I wanted to upgrade the HD to SSD so I bought an HP 512GB SSD. At first the drive was only visible in disk part but after I created a volume and partitioned it and assigned a drive letter it became visible everywhere. Next I tried using...
  4. fresh windows install on SSD. Bios will not recognize SSD as bootable drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My nvme ssd is not recognized after a fresh install of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My nvme ssd is not recognized after a fresh install of windows: This was probably asked a 1000 times but no matter how much i search, i cant find the answer.For context: i build my computer like 2 years ago and everything worked just fine. Around 5 months ago my pc startet crashing. It got worse over time and today i tried to boot with my...
  6. My nvme ssd is not recognized after a fresh install of windows

My nvme ssd is not recognized after a fresh install of windows: This was probably asked a 1000 times but no matter how much i search, i cant find the answer.For context: i build my computer like 2 years ago and everything worked just fine. Around 5 months ago my pc startet crashing. It got worse over time and today i tried to boot with my...
  7. New NVMe SSD not recognized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New NVMe SSD not recognized: I bought a new WD Blue SN550 1TB nvme ssd to add to my laptop as additional storage however it does not appear as an available storage space. I can see it in the BIOS. I checked my storage controllers and don't see Windows Standard NVMe drivers there, is that the issue maybe?...
  8. Windows 10 fresh install not recognizing SSD

Windows 10 fresh install not recognizing SSD: Hey all, I'm currently trying to install windows on a new ssd through a windows 10 media creation tool install on a USB drive. I get as far as setup, where I try to install windows to a drive, and by new drive doesn't show up. The drive has never been partitioned or used...
  9. Windows 10 won't recognize NVMe SSD.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't recognize NVMe SSD.: I've got a 2TB Toshiba XG5-P NVMe SSD. I'm using a 1TB NVMe 970 Evo, 3900x, x570m Pro4 mobo. If I boot into recovery mode and use diskpart, or if I install a fresh copy on this 2TB drive, Windows has no problem recognizing it and another identical one. But on my main Windows...
  10. working SSD is no longer recognized after fresh install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    working SSD is no longer recognized after fresh install of Windows 10: Thanks , I was thinking about unplugging the SSD and trying again. I will follow your steps and hopefully that will do the trick. Thanks again for your response I didnt unplug the SSD cable. Just the power supply cable.