Windows 10: My mouse and login box is missing from start up menu, then in recovery i get "for password...

Discus and support My mouse and login box is missing from start up menu, then in recovery i get "for password... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 laptop with the mouse pad on the computer. I started it up and it ran an automatic repair for some reason and when it was done it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hope Grove, Sep 23, 2024 at 9:58 AM.

1. My mouse and login box is missing from start up menu, then in recovery i get "for password...

I have a Windows 10 laptop with the mouse pad on the computer. I started it up and it ran an automatic repair for some reason and when it was done it there was no mouse or text box for me to be able to log in with so I looked up online what I should do about this and it stated I should go into recovery mode and remove my latest update so upon trying to do this it is asking me now for a password for this account keyboard layout I've tried every password I know no avail none of them have worked so what do I do about this now how can I get back into my laptop hopefully today as I have files on th

:)

2. No password login box

Hi Helen,

There could be changes made with the settings on your computer that has disabled the option to have users to log in with a username and password. This should be enabled back to get again the login window.

If you're able to login to your system without using the password, please follow these steps to enable the login window during startup:

• Right-click the Windows key and select Run.
    • In the Run field, type in control userpasswords2 and hit
      Enter.
    • In the User Accounts dialog box, check the box for Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    • Restart your computer and see if you're prompted with the login window.

In case you can't login to your system, please boot your computer in Safe Mode. Check out the link,

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    and follow the steps in From the sign-in screen. Once you're in Safe Mode, follow the steps above to enable the password prompt. Once done, restart your computer to go back to normal mode.

Update us on how it goes so we can assist you further.

Regards.

"If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to mark it as answer

to help those who are facing the same problem."

3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

4. donnyb Win User

My mouse and login box is missing from start up menu, then in recovery i get "for password...

No login password craziness

Brink, that was the missing step. What threw me off was in netplwiz, where it asks about password for my MS account, the user name was not the same as my MS account name. Once I entered the password (twice) I can now login without entering a password. In fact the name that was listed was not the MS account name, but a folder name. The folder is the one that shows when you click on C:\Users.
    Thanks for the help.

Thema:

My mouse and login box is missing from start up menu, then in recovery i get "for password...

1. My mouse and login box is missing from start up menu, then in recovery i get "for password... - Similar Threads - mouse login box

2. My mouse and login box is missing from start up menu, then in recovery i get "for password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse and login box is missing from start up menu, then in recovery i get "for password...: I have a Windows 10 laptop with the mouse pad on the computer. I started it up and it ran an automatic repair for some reason and when it was done it there was no mouse or text box for me to be able to log in with so I looked up online what I should do about this and it...
  3. My mouse and login box is missing from start up menu, then in recovery i get "for password...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My mouse and login box is missing from start up menu, then in recovery i get "for password...: I have a Windows 10 laptop with the mouse pad on the computer. I started it up and it ran an automatic repair for some reason and when it was done it there was no mouse or text box for me to be able to log in with so I looked up online what I should do about this and it...
  4. Missing login box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing login box: I rebooted my PC today and the screen looked normal except there was no way to log in. The screen reacted to the mouse and the keyboard, but there was no place for a user ID or password....
  5. Missing login box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing login box: I rebooted my PC today and the screen looked normal except there was no way to log in. The screen reacted to the mouse and the keyboard, but there was no place for a user ID or password....
  6. Password box missing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password box missing: My password box is missing in my sign in page. I dont have any updates that might cause the issue and it suddenly got this problem. I cant type on it since its gone. I dont have a PIN that can alternately sign me in only password. I shutdown the computer and let it rest but...
  7. Password box missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password box missing: My password box is missing in my sign in page. I dont have any updates that might cause the issue and it suddenly got this problem. I cant type on it since its gone. I dont have a PIN that can alternately sign me in only password. I shutdown the computer and let it rest but...
  8. Password box missing

9. missing apps boxes on Start up window

missing apps boxes on Start up window: My 9 boxed apps with icons went missing on Start up window today so - open start up screen - R click on space area of bottom task bar and a menu comes up - click on Cascade windows or other and the missing apps reappear. Voila. Elizabeth...
  10. Cortana Missing From Start Menu

Cortana Missing From Start Menu: Hello, I have tried everything! For some reason, Cortana is not on my start menu or one of my pinned tiles. Not sure how to get it back on there. Therefore Cortana's search bar is also missing, which was super convenient for me. Can someone please tell me how to pin...