Windows 10: My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed

Discus and support My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My details for my account got hacked, I have spent a lot of money on Microsoft and have a lot of valuable stuff on that Microsoft account please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nate Kay13, Feb 14, 2023.

1. My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed

My details for my account got hacked, I have spent a lot of money on Microsoft and have a lot of valuable stuff on that Microsoft account please help.

:)

Nate Kay13, Feb 14, 2023
  2. Kari Win User

Microsoft account and phone number linked

Microsoft account password recovery requires two verification codes being sent using two different verification methods. Each Microsoft account has at least two verification methods, the phone number and additional email address which are asked and required when you set up a new Microsoft account with a new hotmail.com or outlook.com email or using a third party email.

When the thief who got your phone tries to recover your password, all your verification methods / security info phone numbers and email addresses will be listed for him to select one. OK, the thief naturally selects your phone number, gets the code sent as a text message, and enters it.

But, clicking Next after entering the code he needs to select another security info contact (phone / email) from the list to receive second verification code.

Password recovery is not possible with just your phone, the system is clever enough to make it impossible by requiring two codes being sent to two different phones and / or emails.

You can add as many phone numbers and email address as you wish as security info contacts at https://account.live.com/proofs/mana...&refp=security. I wholeheartedly recommend that you add at least another security email address; if you only have one phone number and one email added, those which were required when you set up the Microsoft account, and that thief got your phone, the recovery would be as impossible to you as it is to him, you both having access to just one of required two verification methods.

3. Want to change phone number in Microsoft account

To add a new email address or phone number as an alias:

Sign in to Manage how you sign in to Microsoft with your Microsoft account. If you’re having issues signing in to your Microsoft account, go to Microsoft account help.

Note

You may be prompted to enter your Microsoft account password, or to enter a code sent to the email address or phone number listed in your account's security information. By providing this info to us, we know the request is coming from you.

Under the Account aliases section, select either Add email or Add phone number.

If you selected Add a phone number, go to step 5. If you selected Add email, choose whether to add:

A new email address. Select Create a new email address and add it as an alias, and then follow the instructions.

A non-Microsoft email address (such as an @gmail.com or @yahoo.com email address). Select Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias, and then select Add alias.

After you've added the email address, you'll be asked to verify that you're the account owner:

Select Verify next to the new alias. A message is sent to the account for verification.

After you receive the message, select the included link to confirm that you own the account.

If you selected Add a phone number, follow these steps:

Select your country from the list.

Enter the phone number you want to use, and then select Next.

When you add a new phone number, we'll send a text message to that number to verify it. Enter the code from the text message, and then select Next.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12407/...

sunil parmar, Feb 14, 2023
  4. Tetsujin Win User

My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed

How can I un-link my current Microsoft account that is tagged to my Windows activation license and link it to a new Microsoft account?

You don't make a new account & try to move your entitlements to it, you change the email address associated with the original account.

From Microsoft Support - Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account

Tetsujin, Feb 14, 2023
Thema:

My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed

1. My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed - Similar Threads - Microsoft email password

2. My microsoft account got hacked and the email and password got changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microsoft account got hacked and the email and password got changed: so i wanted to buy xbox game pass for pc but when i went on the xbox app i saw that my account got hacked and that the email and everything got changed but i was logged in on the browser for a little bit but i wasnt able to remove the card as it needed me to input the...
  3. My microsoft account got hacked and the email and password got changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft account got hacked and the email and password got changed: so i wanted to buy xbox game pass for pc but when i went on the xbox app i saw that my account got hacked and that the email and everything got changed but i was logged in on the browser for a little bit but i wasnt able to remove the card as it needed me to input the...
  4. How to change email and phone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change email and phone number: Need to change my email address and phone number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-email-and-phone-number/6d95109c-bff4-4295-aaf8-53b126b9f52f
  5. How to change email and phone number

How to change email and phone number: Need to change my email address and phone number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-email-and-phone-number/6d95109c-bff4-4295-aaf8-53b126b9f52f
  6. My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed

My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed: My details for my account got hacked, I have spent a lot of money on Microsoft and have a lot of valuable stuff on that Microsoft account please help....
  7. My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Microsoft email, password and phone number got changed: My details for my account got hacked, I have spent a lot of money on Microsoft and have a lot of valuable stuff on that Microsoft account please help....
  8. My Microsoft account was hacked, email and phone number changed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My Microsoft account was hacked, email and phone number changed.: Hello, A bunch of my accounts were just hacked and all the info changed in a data leak that happened.In this, whoever had access to my accounts changed ALL necessary info to make sure I can't even log into my microsoft account, including changing the email and phone number,...
  9. My Microsoft account was hacked, email and phone number changed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account was hacked, email and phone number changed.: Hello, A bunch of my accounts were just hacked and all the info changed in a data leak that happened.In this, whoever had access to my accounts changed ALL necessary info to make sure I can't even log into my microsoft account, including changing the email and phone number,...
  10. My Microsoft account was hacked, email and phone number changed.