Windows 10: My microphone sounds different depending on the program.

Discus and support My microphone sounds different depending on the program. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a primary microphone that I use, however it sounds bad on some apps and very good on others, for example, on Discord, it sounds okay, but on an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TheBackrooms, Sep 23, 2024 at 11:22 PM.

1. My microphone sounds different depending on the program.

I have a primary microphone that I use, however it sounds bad on some apps and very good on others, for example, on Discord, it sounds okay, but on an audio recorder online, using the same microphone, its go froms okay to amazing.

:)

2. microphone

Since you're using an external headset/microphone, we suggest using a different headset to test if the same issue will occur. You can also run the built-in troubleshooter for hardware and sound by following the steps below:

• In the Windows Search bar, type troubleshoot.
    • Open the Control Panel app from the search result.
    • Under Troubleshoot computer problems, click Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Playing Audio to run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen guide

We will wait for an update.

3. I'm having a microphone problem in 2 different computers (laptop and desktop).

• What is the make and model of your Microphone? Its an Headset but i've also tried a logitech microphone nothing worked....
    • What is the model of your Laptop and Desktop? Its an Acer Veriton X610 and a Old Fujitsu Siemens AMILO
    • Do you get any error message? No errors whatsoever!
    • Did you make any Hardware and Software changes in your computer prior to this issue? That i remember i did nothing different.

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Have you read everything a typed?

"i've read, pretty much, all the microphone solutions that are available in Microsoft answers and the problem persists..."

Thanks, still the problem continues...

MárcioFaustinoPT, Sep 23, 2024 at 11:23 PM
  4. My microphone sounds different depending on the program.

Windows 10 problem - microphone too quiet.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Pleas follow the steps to run Microphone troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search.
    • Open it and click on view all on left side.
    • Find Recording Audio and run it and check if it helps.
    One more thing I would suggest you to check in program and features if you have any sound or recording application installed by Lenovo.

If yes I suggest either disable it or remove it and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Thema:

My microphone sounds different depending on the program.

1. My microphone sounds different depending on the program. - Similar Threads - microphone sounds different

2. My microphone sounds different depending on the program.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone sounds different depending on the program.: I have a primary microphone that I use, however it sounds bad on some apps and very good on others, for example, on Discord, it sounds okay, but on an audio recorder online, using the same microphone, its go froms okay to amazing....
  3. Making a dir provides different results depending ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making a dir provides different results depending ...: Hello, I have a server configured with alternate names.ref: Multiple names for one computer – Consolidate your SMB file servers without breaking UNC paths – Jose Barreto's Blog home.blogUsing Computer Name Aliases in place of DNS CNAME Records - Microsoft Community HubWe have...
  4. Internet speed is different depending on accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speed is different depending on accounts: I have a problem where the internet is slower on my account, however the other accounts have normal and faster speeds.There are 2 accounts on my PC. The default admin account and my account, also set to have admin settings enabled.When I'm on the admin account the internet...
  5. Internet speed is different depending on accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet speed is different depending on accounts: I have a problem where the internet is slower on my account, however the other accounts have normal and faster speeds.There are 2 accounts on my PC. The default admin account and my account, also set to have admin settings enabled.When I'm on the admin account the internet...
  6. Internet speed is different depending on accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Program to Record Sound and Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program to Record Sound and Microphone: Does anyone know of a program which can be used to record system audio and the microphone simultaneously into an .mp3 file? I need such a program to record audio during video calls on various calling applications like Telegram and Skype.Audacity does not have the capability...
  8. Different columns in FileExplorer depending on folder name?

in Windows 10 Support
    Different columns in FileExplorer depending on folder name?: I setup the following columns as default for all (new) folders: Name, Size, Date modified Now I created a new folder with the name "work". Yes, all columns are set accordingly. Now I rename the folder to "_work" and the shown folders are automatically changed to Name,...
  9. Use different speaker depending on which monitor is displaying program

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use different speaker depending on which monitor is displaying program: Hello, I have a secondary monitor with built-in speakers and find it odd how sound comes from one place and video from another. I want programs to automatically switch to use the monitor's speakers when dragged over to it.I do not want to set up different sound devices for...
  10. Camera and microphone inaccessible to different programs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera and microphone inaccessible to different programs: Hello everyone, I need help with my camera and microphone. When I use the Camera app from the Microsoft Store it is absolutely functional. But when I need to take photos or record videos with other programs (in one particular case, I'm video calling on Facebook on Google...