Windows 10: My mic in my laptop sounds like muffled

Discus and support My mic in my laptop sounds like muffled in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need help with my mic quality. I have acer aspire 3 a315-59 and my mic is maono. I tried to connect my mic to my laptop but the quality of my mic is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vx_481, Jan 16, 2024.

1. vx_481 Win User

My mic in my laptop sounds like muffled

I need help with my mic quality. I have acer aspire 3 a315-59 and my mic is maono. I tried to connect my mic to my laptop but the quality of my mic is not that clear as the mic is. I tried to download the Realktek high audio, the quality of my mic change to clear but everytime i restart my laptop it changes back and not clear.

:)

vx_481, Jan 16, 2024

2. N93 mic sounds muffled

When I record sound on my N93 the result sounds "muffled." You can hear the effect on the videos here:

http://www.alpha.bambuser.com/channel/johnleeke/video/4333?page=

and here:

http://www.alpha.bambuser.com/channel/johnleeke/video/3664?page=

Is this the standard sound of the N93, or is there something wrong here.

I thought the mic might be blocked, and found two holes that must be the mics, one with an "L" the other with an "R" beside it. The holes seem to be clean with no blockage.

Perhaps the mic or electronics are not picking up the higher frequencies, giving a low muffled sound.

Please advise on how to get a "bright" higher quality sound out of my N93.

Thanks for your help.

John

johnleeke---01, Jan 16, 2024
  3. muffled sound on headset

Since some days my headset sounds muffled. Mostly voices are muffled i can hear music just fine. If i don´t plug in the headset all the way, i can hear perfectly fine but then my mic doesn´t work. I have an other headset (not as good) where everything works perfectly fine. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Céline Epperlein, Jan 16, 2024
  4. My mic in my laptop sounds like muffled

How to fix output audio becoming muffled when mic is in use?

Hi BP. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, here to help you.

Try these fixes for muffled sound from microphone:

https://www.musicianwave.com/why-does-my-mic-so...

Mic Sounds Muffled? 5 Reasons Why & How To Fix It

https://musicianshq.com/7-reasons-why-your-cond...

Feel free to ask back any questions. Based on detailed results you post back I will have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020 (retired), Jan 16, 2024
Thema:

My mic in my laptop sounds like muffled

1. My mic in my laptop sounds like muffled - Similar Threads - mic laptop sounds

2. My mic is sounding muffled and distorted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mic is sounding muffled and distorted: Hi. I recently got a new laptop and it worked perfectly. However, recently it has started really muffling my mic to the extent that you cannot understand what is being said and sometimes no audio comes through at all. I know it is not my microphone because I am having the...
  3. My mic is sounding muffled and distorted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mic is sounding muffled and distorted: Hi. I recently got a new laptop and it worked perfectly. However, recently it has started really muffling my mic to the extent that you cannot understand what is being said and sometimes no audio comes through at all. I know it is not my microphone because I am having the...
  4. [SOUND] Earphone's mic is not working on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [SOUND] Earphone's mic is not working on my laptop: Problem Faced: I used my earphone in my phone without any problem, even its mic also used without any problems, but when I plugged it into my laptop that having 3.5mm single jak port, after that earphone works fine with sounds but mic is not working, I tried changing all...
  5. [SOUND] Earphone's mic is not working on my laptop

[SOUND] Earphone's mic is not working on my laptop: Problem Faced: I used my earphone in my phone without any problem, even its mic also used without any problems, but when I plugged it into my laptop that having 3.5mm single jak port, after that earphone works fine with sounds but mic is not working, I tried changing all...
  6. My mic in my laptop sounds like muffled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mic in my laptop sounds like muffled: I need help with my mic quality. I have acer aspire 3 a315-59 and my mic is maono. I tried to connect my mic to my laptop but the quality of my mic is not that clear as the mic is. I tried to download the Realktek high audio, the quality of my mic change to clear but...
  7. My Audio Playback is Muffled by My Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Audio Playback is Muffled by My Mic: I've been experiencing this issue with my new laptop set in Windows 11. My audio playback would muffle whenever the microphone is in use. I couldn't really use my mic when playing games or being in a Discord call when I don't have headphones cause it risks the quality of any...
  8. My Audio Playback is Muffled by My Mic

My Audio Playback is Muffled by My Mic: I've been experiencing this issue with my new laptop set in Windows 11. My audio playback would muffle whenever the microphone is in use. I couldn't really use my mic when playing games or being in a Discord call when I don't have headphones cause it risks the quality of any...
  9. Mic is Suddenly Muffled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic is Suddenly Muffled: Hi reddit! I have this mic for about 5 months and it has been working perfectly with a clear and crisp voice. That was up until 2 days ago where the mic suddenly became muffled. The night before I had not done anything to it and I went to sleep only for it to appear muffled...
  10. Muffled Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Muffled Sound: Hello, When I open more than one app the sound becomes muffled; for example, I'm listening to music and it sounds normal, but if I open a videogame the sound becomes muffled. The audio driver is Conexant SmartAudioHD Also, my headphones don't appear in the sound devices....